Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Dunno if this had been done

Dunno if this had been done

Old Jan 26th 2008, 4:35 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dunno if this had been done

I can't wait to be there, every day I spend in this hole is a day of my life wasted, backomeatlast, why don't you go join the other ex-expats who like patting each other on the back about how clever they are to have moved back to the UK, and leave us simpletons alone to dream of better things . . . ?
Old Jan 26th 2008, 4:37 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
Yeah I too hated those months, just used to long for the start of April, hoping for some better weather, didn't happen last year though!
Yeah, N, You just rub it in!!!!
I've just been sat in cleaning how exciting is that?
Kids well bored and haven't even got Dancing on Ice to look forward to cos they moved it to a Sunday (yes, I lead a very sad and boring life...)
J x
Old Jan 26th 2008, 4:40 pm
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The O'Neills
I can't wait to be there, every day I spend in this hole is a day of my life wasted, backomeatlast, why don't you go join the other ex-expats who like patting each other on the back about how clever they are to have moved back to the UK, and leave us simpletons alone to dream of better things . . . ?
We all went with dreams, but for a large percentage the dreams turn to nightmares, I just hate people going way over the top in slagging the UK off when they have left, it aint that bad especially when you have wasted 18 months of your life in Perth.

Last edited by Backhomeatlast; Jan 26th 2008 at 4:43 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 4:41 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
Yeah, N, You just rub it in!!!!
I've just been sat in cleaning how exciting is that?
Kids well bored and haven't even got Dancing on Ice to look forward to cos they moved it to a Sunday (yes, I lead a very sad and boring life...)
J x
Where do you live Jaycee? i'm in Chadderton.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 4:55 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Backhomeatlast
We all went with dreams, but for a large percentage the dreams turn to nightmares, I just hate people going way over the top in slagging the UK off when they have left, it aint that bad especially when you have wasted 18 months of your life in Perth.
Now... I've been trying to keep my opinion to myself, but really don't you think you need to have a little look a bit closer to home, before you start blaming Perth, Australia, the government out there & everyone else for the fact that you had a terrible time when you emigrated?

Now, I'm sorry you had a hard time, really I am, especially since I imagine you were once full of excitement at your prospects too, before you left the UK.

BUT - the buck stops here mate - if you had an awful time, then there's only one person to blame for that & that's yourself. You've seen plenty of threads here about how people are in fact having a great time - so why not you? Well, maybe you didn't prepare yourself properly; maybe you weren't realistic about what you could achieve; maybe, just maybe, you didn't put enough effort in. Or maybe you were just not in the right frame of mind to make it work for you. It's about personal responsibility mate, you can't always be blaming other factors.

It wasn't for you. Sorry. Live with it. At least you recognised that & took steps to put things right - good onya - which is just what the people on this forum are doing - recognising that the UK isn't right for them & taking responsibility & changing that. And if it doesn't work, they'll do something different, just like you did.

Now how about sharing your experiences in a positive way & stop raining on everyone else's parade
Old Jan 26th 2008, 4:59 pm
Homeward bound

Originally Posted by JenniGee

Now how about sharing your experiences in a positive way & stop raining on everyone else's parade
Aye, it rains enough here after all !!

Nicely put JenniGee, things are getting a little heated in here and that wasn't the intention!
Old Jan 26th 2008, 5:00 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The O'Neills
every day I spend in this hole is a day of my life wasted
Originally Posted by Hutch
the fact that you moved to a part of the world that was totally unsuited to your needs, does not make it a 'hole'.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 5:10 pm
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman

Old Jan 26th 2008, 5:11 pm
Banned

Now... I've been trying to keep my opinion to myself, but really don't you think you need to have a little look a bit closer to home, before you start blaming Perth, Australia, the government out there & everyone else for the fact that you had a terrible time when you emigrated?

Now, I'm sorry you had a hard time, really I am, especially since I imagine you were once full of excitement at your prospects too, before you left the UK.

BUT - the buck stops here mate - if you had an awful time, then there's only one person to blame for that & that's yourself. You've seen plenty of threads here about how people are in fact having a great time - so why not you? Well, maybe you didn't prepare yourself properly; maybe you weren't realistic about what you could achieve; maybe, just maybe, you didn't put enough effort in. Or maybe you were just not in the right frame of mind to make it work for you. It's about personal responsibility mate, you can't always be blaming other factors.

It wasn't for you. Sorry. Live with it. At least you recognised that & took steps to put things right - good onya - which is just what the people on this forum are doing - recognising that the UK isn't right for them & taking responsibility & changing that. And if it doesn't work, they'll do something different, just like you did.

Thank you, and that post could be spot on for the O'Neills also, dont you think. and just read the original post and tell me it was not a post to get a reaction.

Last edited by Backhomeatlast; Jan 26th 2008 at 5:19 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 5:15 pm
Banned

I hope you enjoy yourself in Oz but please read your original post again, it was a unfair dig and you now it.

Last edited by Backhomeatlast; Jan 26th 2008 at 5:25 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 6:44 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, and that post could be spot on for the O'Neills also, dont you think. and just read the original post and tell me it was not a post to get a reaction.
It was obviously a post to get a reaction, but I think you mis-interpreted it. O'Neills had had a cr*p day & was having a rant - she said that at the beginning. She also invited others to have general good-humoured rant too...

I didn't take it in an inflammatory way at all & I'm sure that wasn't what was intended. It was a post for a bit of fun & light relief, nothing more.

Chill
Old Jan 26th 2008, 6:55 pm
Banned

It was obviously a post to get a reaction, but I think you mis-interpreted it. O'Neills had had a cr*p day & was having a rant - she said that at the beginning. She also invited others to have general good-humoured rant too...

I didn't take it in an inflammatory way at all & I'm sure that wasn't what was intended. It was a post for a bit of fun & light relief, nothing more.

Chill

When I had a "a post for a bit of fun & light relief rant" about Australia in the past it really gets a good reaction.

Last edited by Backhomeatlast; Jan 26th 2008 at 7:05 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 7:07 pm
Da bing bing!

really
Indeed - most other people here didn't seem to have a problem understanding that.

And by the way, I'm interested to know why you're so keen on hanging around a site such as BE, when clearly you've been there, seen it, done it & got the very unpleasant t-shirt, so would have no interest (I assume) in emigrating to Australia again......

Especially since it would appear, if we are to believe your avatar, that your local pub is the best place in the world, to you.

In your situation, surely most people would not waste their time hanging around a forum like this.........?

But hey, it takes all sorts
Old Jan 26th 2008, 7:15 pm
Banned

Indeed - most other people here didn't seem to have a problem understanding that.

And by the way, I'm interested to know why you're so keen on hanging around a site such as BE, when clearly you've been there, seen it, done it & got the very unpleasant t-shirt, so would have no interest (I assume) in emigrating to Australia again......

Especially since it would appear, if we are to believe your avatar, that your local pub is the best place in the world, to you.

In your situation, surely most people would not waste their time hanging around a forum like this.........?

But hey, it takes all sorts

It was a dig at the UK before they leave, it's normal.

Last edited by Backhomeatlast; Jan 26th 2008 at 7:35 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 7:16 pm
Banned

Double post

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.