British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   The Drop Bear Inn. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/drop-bear-inn-342035/)

68MEVY Jan 15th 2006 12:16 pm

Re: The Drop Bear Inn.

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
:( sorry to hear of you problems Marie.

Got a job this week.......not nursing !! Believe it or not - in a chess shop and running twice weekly chess tournaments in schools here in Melbourne (Carl is a chess coach for the same firm)

Well I never. Not much difference between chess and nursing is there :rolleyes: Main thing is do you enjoy it?

I'm job hunting again, can't stay where I am, need a permanent job to get the mortgage quicker and where I am is casual.

CasG Jan 15th 2006 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by 68MEVY
Well I never. Not much difference between chess and nursing is there :rolleyes: Main thing is do you enjoy it?

I'm job hunting again, can't stay where I am, need a permanent job to get the mortgage quicker and where I am is casual.

No...and yes :) The chess community in UK were geekish and odd on the whole - with exceptions like Carl - but here everyone is normal if you get my drift....

We are still renting, but since we moved a while ago to a different area we have found the place we want to buy in...so when this contract is up we'll probably go for it.

68MEVY Jan 15th 2006 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
No...and yes :) The chess community in UK were geekish and odd on the whole - with exceptions like Carl - but here everyone is normal if you get my drift....

We are still renting, but since we moved a while ago to a different area we have found the place we want to buy in...so when this contract is up we'll probably go for it.

Good luck with your move when it comes round. I'm gonna have to go I'm afraid. Libbys gone and got out of bed and is now sat on my knee. She reckons she's seen a ghost. Probably cos she watched Casper the friendly ghost earlier. I asked her what the ghost looked like and she put a towel over her head and said wwooooooooooo woooooooooooo. Me thinks she's having a larf if she thinks she's staying up.
Will speak to you again soon
Marie

Buttockup Jan 19th 2006 2:43 pm

Anybody for a drink?

Wendy Jan 19th 2006 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Buttockup
Anybody for a drink?

Why not

I'll have a Brandy and Coke to start, ta. :D

Buttockup Jan 19th 2006 2:50 pm

Hi WendyC brandy and coke coming right up.

It's a little early to start on the hard stuff in Paraguay isn't it?

Wendy Jan 19th 2006 2:53 pm

Hi WendyC brandy and coke coming right up.

It's a little early to start on the hard stuff in Paraguay isn't it?

It's never too early. :D

Buttockup Jan 19th 2006 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by WendyC
It's never too early. :D

I like your style! What are you doing in Paraguay? Are you travelling before settling to a life in Aus?

Wendy Jan 19th 2006 3:01 pm

I like your style! What are you doing in Paraguay? Are you travelling before settling to a life in Aus?

LOL I'm in the UK.

Paraguay is my Footy team for the sweepstake. :D

That's two people who've done that today :beer:

Buttockup Jan 19th 2006 3:09 pm

LOL I'm in the UK.

Paraguay is my Footy team for the sweepstake. :D

That's two people who've done that today :beer:

Doh!

I think I need a beer to sharpen the senses - this tea's just not doing it for me - your shout!

I've always thought the migration process could integrate a little travelling between leaving the UK and arriving in Aus. Does anybody do this?

Wendy Jan 19th 2006 3:14 pm

Doh!

I think I need a beer to sharpen the senses - this tea's just not doing it for me - your shout!

I've always thought the migration process could integrate a little travelling between leaving the UK and arriving in Aus. Does anybody do this?

Some have. We're not though. If we're going to spend dollars on travel it'll be in Oz as we've always wanted to do that. Probably have to wait til kids grow up though

Here's your pint :beer:

Buttockup Jan 19th 2006 3:24 pm

Some have. We're not though. If we're going to spend dollars on travel it'll be in Oz as we've always wanted to do that. Probably have to wait til kids grow up though

Here's your pint :beer:

Thanks for the pint! I'm sure kids change the equations considerably (we have 2 daughters aged 4 and 9). I quite fancy, finances permitting, getting to Aus via America and all the delightfully exotic places in between. But an expensive trip definitely.

Jessica Rabbit Jan 19th 2006 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Scossie
Well if we're getting our own Lounge in the Oz forum, then we should have our own pub!:beer:

The Drop Bear Inn is officially open..:)

A place to solve all the worlds problems, and generally talk pish!!

Cheers...:beer::beer:

Great!!!!!!!!!!! Mines a large white wine please!! Who`s buying? ;)

Buttockup Jan 19th 2006 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by Jessica Rabbit

Medium or dry?

Wendy Jan 19th 2006 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by Jessica Rabbit

I will, here ya go