Wikiposts

Drink driving

Old Sep 8th 2009, 10:41 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drink driving

Originally Posted by ShoreyM
From what I've heard, they don't lose their licences if caught either. If they do, it's only for a short period (3 months I think). Not sure how correct it is, but heard if you need your car for work purposes, you can have a restricted licenece. If this is true, then there's not a deterent is there? Lose your licence for a minumum of 12 months for the first offence, issue a huge fine and use the scary, horrible, anti DD adverts we had in the Uk to hit home the effects.
Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yes, that's true, you can have a licence that allows you to drive to work and back etc, so that you don't lose your job. Always struck me as a bit odd.
The law is an ass.

If you are caught speeding and are out of points you can lose your license with no allowance to use your car for work purposes. If however you lose your license for drink driving you may still keep your license for certain times of the day so as not to inconvenience you to lose your job. In other words, the law is "kinder" to drink drivers than it is to speeders

Both are serious however driving whilst drunk is deemed less severe than speeding
Old Sep 8th 2009, 11:22 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
The law is an ass.

If you are caught speeding and are out of points you can lose your license with no allowance to use your car for work purposes. If however you lose your license for drink driving you may still keep your license for certain times of the day so as not to inconvenience you to lose your job. In other words, the law is "kinder" to drink drivers than it is to speeders

Both are serious however driving whilst drunk is deemed less severe than speeding
Ah but, that's because the drunk didn't know what they were doing, due to the effect of the alcohol, therefore it wasn't there fault..... I should have become a defense lawyer

I agree, the law is an ASS.

Old Sep 8th 2009, 12:09 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Ah but, that's because the drunk didn't know what they were doing, due to the effect of the alcohol, therefore it wasn't there fault..... I should have become a defense lawyer

I agree, the law is an ASS.

Agree, it's crazy.

Drink and speeding = receive your license back during certain times of the day so you don't lose job

Speeding = cannot even appeal to receive license back

Some bright spark thought that one up