Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Dormant lunatic or sent over the edge?

Dormant lunatic or sent over the edge?

Old Jul 10th 2009, 3:29 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dormant lunatic or sent over the edge?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...re/8141581.stm

Old Jul 10th 2009, 4:08 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dormant lunatic or sent over the edge?

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Roman Catholic school - he'll probably be considered for sainthood.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 4:11 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Roman Catholic school - he'll probably be considered for sainthood.

No doubt we'll all find out in a years time he's entered into priesthood
Old Jul 10th 2009, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold

No doubt we'll all find out in a years time he's entered into priesthood
Nope, he wont be welcomed into the priesthood, nothing in the article mentions him being a 'fiddler'

I'd imagine the very worst he can expect is a promotion.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 4:59 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Hard to say anything at this point, isn't it? The kid might have attacked him (which happens all the time) and he might have acted in self-defence. On the other hand, the teacher might have lost his rag and attacked the kid for no reason.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 4:29 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
Hard to say anything at this point, isn't it? The kid might have attacked him (which happens all the time) and he might have acted in self-defence. On the other hand, the teacher might have lost his rag and attacked the kid for no reason.
Having been forced to attend Roman Catholic primary and secondary schools - I'm betting on option B.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 5:17 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Possibly just pushed too far, apparently he'd just got back from being on sick leave for stress....however that's no excuse....

The classroom is a very stressful place, and I'm only Primary....I couldn't be secondary as for a start, any problems kids have are multiplied by the fact that they're huge! It'll be interesting to see what the full story is...time will tell...
Old Jul 10th 2009, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

I remember Mr. Maxton, a PE teacher in our school was standing in one day for a science teacher who was off. He couldn't handle it and ended up throwing a chair at my brother who was at the back of the class. Nothing was done, it was probably looked upon as quite normal then.
Aah, happy days

Hat off to you Jen. I couldn't do it
Old Jul 10th 2009, 5:57 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NELBHOY
I remember Mr. Maxton, a PE teacher in our school was standing in one day for a science teacher who was off. He couldn't handle it and ended up throwing a chair at my brother who was at the back of the class. Nothing was done, it was probably looked upon as quite normal then.
Aah, happy days

Hat off to you Jen. I couldn't do it
9 years on, I'm not sure for how much longer I can either lol
Old Jul 10th 2009, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Prudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud ofPrudi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
On the other hand, the teacher might have lost his rag and attacked the kid for no reason.
It was a fourteen year old boy! Reason enough, surely!

When I heard this story, I thought, `that could have been me.` I was accepted onto a PGCE course (secondary Geography) and pulled out right at the last minute when I realised I hate kids!

Jen - I couldn`t deal with primary. At least the older kids you can reason with. What are you supposed to do when the young `uns want to share their snot with you? Ewwww! You have my utmost respect!
Old Jul 10th 2009, 8:14 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Prudi
It was a fourteen year old boy! Reason enough, surely!

When I heard this story, I thought, `that could have been me.` I was accepted onto a PGCE course (secondary Geography) and pulled out right at the last minute when I realised I hate kids!

Jen - I couldn`t deal with primary. At least the older kids you can reason with. What are you supposed to do when the young `uns want to share their snot with you? Ewwww! You have my utmost respect!
I've never once 'totally lost it' in the classroom, but there are times, well, ok, most of the time, that I think teachers should be allowed to, within reason, hit children, maybe just on the hand/leg with their hand, none of this smacking them around the head etc. I think children these days lack so much respect for their elders, and in fact, each other. Society has gone to the dogs, bigstyle, I think also they should bring back the whole 'home service' kind of thing, where boys and girls leave school and are expected to do military service for a year or so, to learn some respect. Teenagers/young people are all too aware of their human rights and that if they taunt adults in the street they can't reprimand them, just in case. Half the problem however, is the parents, in my last school they used to come in for parent interviews DRUNK and be abusive etc, and if they're the children's role models, then we're all screwed! Some fairly extreme views in what I've just written, but a lot of it makes sense! Anyone agree?!
Old Jul 10th 2009, 8:16 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
I've never once 'totally lost it' in the classroom, but there are times, well, ok, most of the time, that I think teachers should be allowed to, within reason, hit children, maybe just on the hand/leg with their hand, none of this smacking them around the head etc. I think children these days lack so much respect for their elders, and in fact, each other. Society has gone to the dogs, bigstyle, I think also they should bring back the whole 'home service' kind of thing, where boys and girls leave school and are expected to do military service for a year or so, to learn some respect. Teenagers/young people are all too aware of their human rights and that if they taunt adults in the street they can't reprimand them, just in case. Half the problem however, is the parents, in my last school they used to come in for parent interviews DRUNK and be abusive etc, and if they're the children's role models, then we're all screwed! Some fairly extreme views in what I've just written, but a lot of it makes sense! Anyone agree?!
Also, I've only been teaching for 9 years, but in that short space of time, I have noticed a huge difference in children, their attitudes to work, respect for adults and each other....the works!
Old Jul 10th 2009, 8:24 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

STORM IN A TEA CUP ???

The young lad was only taken to a 'Local' hospital initially so he canny have been that bad can he ?

I stand corrected and am only relaying what I have just watched on SkyNews but If we all know that he has just returned from sick leave relating to stress then I am very sure that the pupils will already know this, and will surley have played on that ???

I will hold back on judgement until the whole entire facts are disclosed.

Dougie

Last edited by Dougie; Jul 10th 2009 at 8:29 pm.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 8:26 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
STORM IN A TEA CUP

The young lad was only taken to a 'Local' hospital initially so he canny have been that bad can he ?

I stand corrected and am only relaying what I have just watched on SkyNews but If we all know that he has just returned from sick leave relating to stress then I am very sure that the pupils will already know this ??

I will hold back on judgement until the whole entire facts are disclosed.

Dougie
Definitely, I'm not judging the teacher either....it'll be interesting to see what the full story was....not good for the teacher though, either way....
Old Jul 10th 2009, 8:34 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Definitely, I'm not judging the teacher either....it'll be interesting to see what the full story was....not good for the teacher though, either way....

Your right Jen

Not good for the teach at all but hey hoe not a job I would wish on an enemy thou, teaching teenages

Respect to all teachers all ages thou

Dougie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.