Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Dont go into the (spot)light

Dont go into the (spot)light

Old Nov 12th 2011, 9:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dont go into the (spot)light

A heartfelt plea to fellow quilters.... DONT GO INTO THE SPOTLIGHT...

They have a whole range of their quilting fabrics for $4 a meter!!!

And their christmas voile is 40% off.... And they have discounts on their christmas panels and tree skirts...

Its ALL TOO DANGEROUS ... Stay away..... Take heed....

And what ever you do DONT go into their VIP christmas special on thursday night... They give away Presents and door prizes and are giving away a sewing machine!!!!!!!!

Last time i sucombed (2009) they gave me a $30 voucher on the door with no minimum spend... Managed to keep my purchase to EXACTLY $30.... I may not be so lucky this time
Old Nov 12th 2011, 9:16 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dont go into the (spot)light

Originally Posted by eddie007
A heartfelt plea to fellow quilters.... DONT GO INTO THE SPOTLIGHT...

They have a whole range of their quilting fabrics for $4 a meter!!!

And their christmas voile is 40% off.... And they have discounts on their christmas panels and tree skirts...

Its ALL TOO DANGEROUS ... Stay away..... Take heed....

And what ever you do DONT go into their VIP christmas special on thursday night... They give away Presents and door prizes and are giving away a sewing machine!!!!!!!!

Last time i sucombed (2009) they gave me a $30 voucher on the door with no minimum spend... Managed to keep my purchase to EXACTLY $30.... I may not be so lucky this time
lol! I was overjoyed to discover Spotlight - all those lovely cross stitch materials in one place!
Old Nov 12th 2011, 9:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
lol! I was overjoyed to discover Spotlight - all those lovely cross stitch materials in one place!
I used to cross stitch... Fact my favourite ever cross stitch I made (after my birthday cake carrying mouse for HIS birthday) was Lavender and Lace "The Quiltmaker"

Wish I could provide a link.....

Somewhere in my garage is a tea chest from the UK with all my cross stitch stuff in and all my DMC threads.... Though whether they have survived australia garage heat over 4 years or not is a question I'll have to find out the answer to.... Brought over 100s of my mags too....

Maybe its something I should have a revisit to.... Afte all you cant take a sewing machine to bed with you and I'm off hand quilting at the mo, even tho I've got a quilt to finish Hand quilting before christmas
Old Nov 12th 2011, 9:24 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

i always thought it was a place that sold lights
Old Nov 12th 2011, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

They sell blinds and curtains if thats any help... And manchester... And kitchen ware and LOTS of stuff you didnt know you needed until you saw it....
Old Nov 12th 2011, 9:26 am

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

oh goody...

I'll carry on keeping away then
Old Nov 12th 2011, 11:21 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I would love to cross stitch but my eyesight isn't good enough. I have some really beautiful embroidery and crewel work I did years ago just waiting to be framed. But then I'd need somewhere to hang it all.

So, Ed, it's this coming Thursday? I may have to head out there after my exam. Not working the afternoon and don't have book group until 7, so that gives me a few hours to peruse the aisles. must leave credit card at home.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 11:36 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
i always thought it was a place that sold lights
The local one we had in Caboolture looked like one of those sleazy discount store places that make your skin itch the moment you walk through the door.. (I know, I'm such a snob).. I don't even know why we went in but we were so glad we did, especially as we were after ready made curtains at the time and they had positively hundreds of them!

Finding all the craft stuff was an added bonus.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 11:38 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

They sell blinds and curtains if thats any help... And manchester... And kitchen ware and LOTS of stuff you didnt know you needed until you saw it....
Does anyone know how Manchester became so called? Don't think I ever heard that term in the U.K.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 11:41 am

The local one we had in Caboolture looked like one of those sleazy discount store places that make your skin itch the moment you walk through the door.. (I know, I'm such a snob).. I don't even know why we went in but we were so glad we did, especially as we were after ready made curtains at the time and they had positively hundreds of them!

Finding all the craft stuff was an added bonus.
Might take a gander next time I see one

Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes
Does anyone know how Manchester became so called? Don't think I ever heard that term in the U.K.
Cos all bedding came from Manchester.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

I believe it's because all the cotton sheets etc used to come from Manchester to Australia and it was stamped on the containers.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 11:44 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Might take a gander next time I see one

Cos all bedding came from Manchester.
Originally Posted by LouiseR
I believe it's because all the cotton sheets etc used to come from Manchester to Australia and it was stamped on the containers.
Why, thank you ladies.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

General Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe its something I should have a revisit to.... Afte all you cant take a sewing machine to bed with you and I'm off hand quilting at the mo, even tho I've got a quilt to finish Hand quilting before christmas
Are we talking about presents here? Do you ever sell the finished article, need an overseas agent?
Old Nov 12th 2011, 11:48 am

Why, thank you ladies.
first time I heard it I was in Kmart. Person on tanoy said "if there's anyone from Manchester please come to customer service desk"....

I thought...jeez...wonder wot they've done wrong.....it's normally the scousers
Old Nov 12th 2011, 11:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by General Tojo
Are we talking about presents here? Do you ever sell the finished article, need an overseas agent?
Yup... Believe it or not I'm hand quilting a chrimbo pressie for MIL.... A Quilts Of Valour quilt.... She's the president of e Raydon Airfield Museum or summit, owns her own willies jeep... Goes to War n Peace every year and spends two weeks living in WWll....

Reason I APPEAR to be putting so much time and effort into a present for MIL when I loathe her???

hand quilting doesnt cost me electricity so I'm spending less on her

And nope, I don't sell quilts... They are gifts and family use only... Coz a, My quilts arent good enough to sell and b, you couldnt PAY me enough.... Honestly, if anyone had any idea how much time goes into one they wouldnt ask

But when people do ask I always say "nope but I'll teach you to make your own" you'd be surprised at how many people have taken me up on that offer!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.