Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Does worker comp cover cleaning ladies and prostitutes?

Does worker comp cover cleaning ladies and prostitutes?

Old Mar 5th 2012, 3:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does worker comp cover cleaning ladies and prostitutes?

Originally Posted by sassie
whats your injury? Its hard to tell from your tongue and cheek humour whether you are serious or not, so assuming its all legit, I would recommend that you have concrete evidence to support your claim/s.

WorkCover is one of our biggest clients at work, and they hire us to investigate all their claims, a large number of which are fraudelent.
Honestly its one of my big worries... Them not accepting liability.. Lets face it..lower back pain has to be the single most abused condition for malingerers and drug seekers that there is.....
Old Mar 5th 2012, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

oldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really nice

Well you have my sympathy. Did my back in over 3 years ago at work, resulting in surgery and now a permanant loss of career and a life on painkillers. Still on workers comp and on a job placement.
One of the guys at hydro gets his garden done and a taxi paid for as he is unable to do either, but he is in a very bad way.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 8:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Total sympathy from me too- I am going to have to give up my job, as the arm and shoulder pain are made worse by the little darlings swinging on it. Don't know where I stand as far as taking sick leave, as I don't think I got the condition at work, although it is certainly not being helped by all the physical stuff I have to do there.

I've managed 3 days without painkillers, but am in a lot of pain. Might have to go back on them, but I needed to give my system a rest.

Hope you mend quickly eddie.

btw wine helped me with the pain
Old Mar 5th 2012, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline, had you better get advice... Yes you didnt get the condition at work, but the children swinging on you is making it worse..... I would probably take advice before deciding to do anything because I dont know the system and how it works...

This is all new to me and I'm totally out of my comfort zone in so many many ways...
Old Mar 5th 2012, 11:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by oldandbold
Well you have my sympathy. Did my back in over 3 years ago at work, resulting in surgery and now a permanant loss of career and a life on painkillers. Still on workers comp and on a job placement.
One of the guys at hydro gets his garden done and a taxi paid for as he is unable to do either, but he is in a very bad way.
I'm lucky, this is simply a soft tissue injury... So I have no reason to believe that I'll not fully recover AND do it quickly... Its been a shock it going on for over two weeks....
Old Mar 6th 2012, 5:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Excellent news... They have accepted liability and will be paying me for the time I've had off... And in the future too...

Now the race is on to get me back to work full time BEFORE I start to develop a "psychological overlay"

AND before I am offered a permanant post I appear to have successfully applied for... That I wont be offered if I'm still on workers comp....

Off to the physio shortly... Then to see my GP to convince him at the very least to let me back with restrictions.....
Old Mar 6th 2012, 6:55 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Excellent news... They have accepted liability and will be paying me for the time I've had off... And in the future too...

Now the race is on to get me back to work full time BEFORE I start to develop a "psychological overlay"

AND before I am offered a permanant post I appear to have successfully applied for... That I wont be offered if I'm still on workers comp....

Off to the physio shortly... Then to see my GP to convince him at the very least to let me back with restrictions.....
Two good results today Buy a lotto ticket on your way home,
Old Mar 21st 2012, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Update...

Well, having accepted full liability "they" pulled some serious shite on me...

Worked out the hours they have to pay me over 52 weeks, when I was working fulltime elsewhere for most ofnthat.. Not the 13 weeks that anyone else would be calculated by.... Which is coincidentally just about how long I have been working for them fulltime casual.... As opposed to occassional shifts to pay for extras... Like unexpected bills, sewing machines and family holidays to rotto....ON top of my fulltime job elsewhere...

Have spent the last two weeks in a pretty dark place, because instead of 70-80 hours plus per fortnight, that brought me right down to 20..... Approx 25% of my hours.... Over the last 13 weeks, significantly LESS than 25%

Its taken THIS long for me to get an appointmemt with my Union solicitor... Which was via phone, because I still cant cope with more than 30 minutes in a car...

30-45 minute phone conversation... During which he said REALLY positive things to me....

Apart from ONE sentence...

"this is coverd by the law, remember that sometimes the law is an ass and occassionally, very rarely things do go pear shaped"

Guess what I remember from the ENTIRE conversation... Apart from the fact I HAVE to get copies of my employers for the last 13 weeks.....

YUP! That ONE sentence.....

What? Pessimist moi?

He is going to "put them on notice" and expexts resolution PDQ....

So please keepmthe fingers crossed for me eh?
Old Mar 21st 2012, 12:57 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed for you Eddie, things seem to be coming to a head for both of us and I pray that it is positive for all concerned.

Old Mar 21st 2012, 9:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers and toes crossed (once I type this or it won't make sense.)