Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Does Life Get Any Better Than This ???

Does Life Get Any Better Than This ???

Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:28 am
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute
Default Does Life Get Any Better Than This ???

Chillin' by my pool......Beer in hand....sound of kids having a ball playing and foolin around in the pool.....smell of the barbie...surrounded by friends...and the sun on my back....I DON'T THINK IT DOES ??

We are about the same financially as we were in the UK but our life here is so much better...yeah Australia does have its faults, and everything isn't perfect, but we live much fuller happier lives here.

So for all you people wondering if ya doing the right thing...believe me, if you are positive and willing to take the rough with the smooth, then Australia can offer you a wonderful life.

I await all the usual "Rose tinted glasses" comments.......

Ps by the way we've been here nearly 3 yrs.....
Old Feb 10th 2008, 8:45 am
A roo in my top paddock!

Dreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of lightDreams of Oz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Does Life Get Any Better Than This ???

Thats really good to know.
We are at the minute plucking the courage up to book those one way flights!
Everything else is in place...except the sale of the house but what the hell!
Jobs,place to live etc etc but keep looking at flights on line and just cant press that"book now" button!
Your post has made me feel we are doing the right thing...im off to book those flights right this minute!
Thanks.
Janice .
Old Feb 10th 2008, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

Your making me homesick!

Originally Posted by 4500 Times
Chillin' by my pool......Beer in hand....sound of kids having a ball playing and foolin around in the pool.....smell of the barbie...surrounded by friends...and the sun on my back....I DON'T THINK IT DOES ??

We are about the same financially as we were in the UK but our life here is so much better...yeah Australia does have its faults, and everything isn't perfect, but we live much fuller happier lives here.

So for all you people wondering if ya doing the right thing...believe me, if you are positive and willing to take the rough with the smooth, then Australia can offer you a wonderful life.

Old Feb 10th 2008, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dreams of Oz
Thats really good to know.
We are at the minute plucking the courage up to book those one way flights!
Everything else is in place...except the sale of the house but what the hell!
Jobs,place to live etc etc but keep looking at flights on line and just cant press that"book now" button!
Your post has made me feel we are doing the right thing...im off to book those flights right this minute!
Thanks.
Janice .

Hi there
Sounds absolutely fantastic we just can't wait to get there (House sale holding everything up otherwise we would book the flights now).
As you said, you have to take the rough with the smooth and stay positive which it just what we intend to do.

As for you Jancie, get them flights booked NOW! and let us know when you are going so that we can arrange to meet up before you go.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 3:42 pm
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

Fair play mate but coming from Rochdale....

....Baghdad would seem like heaven
Old Feb 10th 2008, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds great!
Whereabouts in Oz are you?
Old Feb 10th 2008, 4:37 pm
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Sounds great!
Whereabouts in Oz are you?
Can't be Perth
Old Feb 10th 2008, 4:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Backhomeatlast
Can't be Perth
Stirring?
Old Feb 10th 2008, 5:11 pm
Banned

Stirring?

No.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 5:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No.
Best you be careful then or the Perth vigilante squad will be after you!
Old Feb 10th 2008, 5:21 pm
Banned

Best you be careful then or the Perth vigilante squad will be after you!
Hey, enough people were after me when I was in Perth that I am used to it
Old Feb 10th 2008, 5:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hey, enough people were after me when I was in Perth that I am used to it
What did you do to upset them all?

Find that Perth was not for you?
Old Feb 10th 2008, 5:34 pm
Banned

What did you do to upset them all?

Find that Perth was not for you?

I did a bit of this and a bit of that in the nightclubs to supplement my crap wages as a sparky.

Belive it or not even done some moddeling .

Last edited by Backhomeatlast; Feb 10th 2008 at 5:37 pm.
Old Feb 10th 2008, 5:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I did a bit of this and a bit of that in the nightclubs to supplement my crap wages as a sparky.
Legal or not?

You weren't a male stripper were you? LOL
Old Feb 10th 2008, 5:38 pm
Banned

Legal or not?

You weren't a male stripper were you? LOL
Do you know me
Heard of "Hard Bodies"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.