Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Does Easter Still Exist?

Does Easter Still Exist?

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Dexterdude is a jewel in the roughDexterdude is a jewel in the roughDexterdude is a jewel in the roughDexterdude is a jewel in the roughDexterdude is a jewel in the rough
Unhappy Does Easter Still Exist?

Nothing much on telly (or anywhere else for that matter) to do with Easter here in blighty. They probably dont want to offend 'other faiths'. I suppose its only a matter of time before it is renamed the 'Spring Onset Holiday' or other such nonsense. Another tradition down the pan.

By the way, bookies can now open here on Good Friday and there are two Premier League games today - well respectful. (Even though I'm not particulary religeous)

A Whitby Diary
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 10:10 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does Easter Still Exist?

Is easter about what's on the telly?

My kids have made cards, chicks ,baskets etc and are currently making themselves sick with Easter eggs.
easter is definitely happening in my house.
Some people even go to church - imagine that!
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 10:21 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri

My kids have made cards, chicks ,baskets etc and are currently making themselves sick with Easter eggs.
church
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 10:22 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kapri

Easter is alive snd kicking here too, I can sort of see what Dexterdude means though, back in the days when I was little when there was a holiday celebration of any kind be it easter, christmas, there seemed to be tv boost of half decent programs, i'm sitting here watching beauty and the beast on Zone romantica though which isn't particularly eastery lol.
It's nice to have a better choice of programs on the tv if thats what you want to do, and hubby has just told me that he's looked through the tv book and they've put on more films and things over the easter weekend, but my kids are playing and making easter pictures and snuggling in together. friends of mine are going to church this morning to support their belief in easter.
Everyone does their own thing I guess, hope you all enjoy it no matter what your doing
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 10:23 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dexterdude
Nothing much on telly (or anywhere else for that matter) to do with Easter here in blighty. They probably dont want to offend 'other faiths'. I suppose its only a matter of time before it is renamed the 'Spring Onset Holiday' or other such nonsense. Another tradition down the pan.

By the way, bookies can now open here on Good Friday and there are two Premier League games today - well respectful. (Even though I'm not particulary religeous)

A Whitby Diary
i know what you mean tho , kids havn't done much at school for it , maybe there isn't a good ole Bible film on tv like there used to be .

i guess you gotta go out and find easter , it don't come to you anymore
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:32 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok I've just had a very quick look at the tv listings in the UK. On BBC1 today there is Songs of Praise, something called Risen Today and a programme called The Passion which apparently is a four parter about Jesus.

On ITV 1 there is a programme about religion, and on Channel four there's a doco about the 12 disciples.

How much religion do you want on the TV. Didn't look at any other channels but Easter is alive and well (unlike Jesus ) and presumably, were you a believer, you wouldn't be looking at the TV for your god hit anyway.

Happy Easter.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:46 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Easter is alive and well (unlike Jesus )
Burn the blasphemer!!!

Easter (and any other religious festival for that matter) is what you make it. Not being the slightest bit religious, Easter is about a long weekend with the missus (except she worked today and will tomorrow ). We got out yesterday, had a swim, a spot of lunch and a drive. We've scoffed down a few eggs and have enjoyed not having to get up at the crack of dawn.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:49 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Originally Posted by wmoore
Burn the blasphemer!!!

A stoning perhaps ?

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You'll be calling me big nose next
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:54 am
Handsome Internet Guy

You'll be calling me big nose next
You'll be calling me Biggus ......
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:07 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Icarus
You'll be calling me Biggus ......
Oh no I won't.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:09 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Oh no I won't.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:42 pm
Dreams can come true :)

Babycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond repute

EASTER IS ALIVE in my house..... sorry not religious so its my kind of easter.....
Hot cross buns for breakfast followed by chocolate eggs.... we are in our pjs still and playing High School Musical dvd game with daughter and my Ozzy girl Sarah (I am multi tasking - on BE too) puppy sitting on my shoulder (I am lying on the sofa) .... is it wine o'clock yet? Ok it's a bit early... Taking kids to the music quiz tonight with friends after big blow out dinner - think I am doing my bit for tradition hmmmmm think it may be chocolate time again
p.s. snows melted now or it would be snowman time...... phew!

Last edited by Babycatcher; Mar 23rd 2008 at 1:43 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 2:51 pm
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Icarus

Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah!

Thanks for that Scott
Old Mar 24th 2008, 1:52 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

can't even find a James Bond film on !!!

what is easter coming to ?