Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Does the currency exchange on Ozforex decrease over the weekend?

Does the currency exchange on Ozforex decrease over the weekend?

Old Jun 22nd 2007, 7:12 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Does the currency exchange on Ozforex decrease over the weekend?

Have been keeping a close eye on the customer rates, and wondering whether to just bite the bullet and transfer today or the weekend. Is the rate likely to go down over the weekend though?
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does the currency exchange on Ozforex decrease over the weekend?

Hmmmm, let me just fetch the BE crystal ball, I'm sure it's here somewhere....

Sorry if this sounds harsh but it's a bit of a stupid question - there is no way that anyone can possibly know what the rate will do in the next 48 hours.

Why don't you set up a request with Ozforex for them to transfer at a particular rate? I haven't been watching what the rate is doing at the moment, but pick something that's near the top of last week's range and there's a fair chance it will get there again in the next week. Depends how soon you have to do it.

Hope you guess well! Good luck!
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 7:25 am
C&R

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by esperanza
Hmmmm, let me just fetch the BE crystal ball, I'm sure it's here somewhere....

Sorry if this sounds harsh but it's a bit of a stupid question - there is no way that anyone can possibly know what the rate will do in the next 48 hours.

Why don't you set up a request with Ozforex for them to transfer at a particular rate? I haven't been watching what the rate is doing at the moment, but pick something that's near the top of last week's range and there's a fair chance it will get there again in the next week. Depends how soon you have to do it.

Hope you guess well! Good luck!
I know its a stupid question..
But I am unfamiliar with this kind of thing, and wondered if the weekend had any affect on rates as they are not 'business' days. Thanks.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by C&R
I know its a stupid question..
But I am unfamiliar with this kind of thing, and wondered if the weekend had any affect on rates as they are not 'business' days. Thanks.

I honestly think you'd be best to set up one of those transfers where instead of setting the time you set the rate, and wait until that rate happens.

Alternatively, you could call up the historical data on a day-by-day display and see if it tends to do anything over weekends. (But remember that the weekend is a lot shorter when you are dealing with international trade like currency).
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 7:31 am
C&R

Originally Posted by esperanza
I honestly think you'd be best to set up one of those transfers where instead of setting the time you set the rate, and wait until that rate happens.

Alternatively, you could call up the historical data on a day-by-day display and see if it tends to do anything over weekends. (But remember that the weekend is a lot shorter when you are dealing with international trade like currency).
thanks
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

boyz119 will become famous soon enoughboyz119 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by C&R
Have been keeping a close eye on the customer rates, and wondering whether to just bite the bullet and transfer today or the weekend. Is the rate likely to go down over the weekend though?
Your first answer was harsh and not totally right!

As far as Ozforex having poorer rates at the weekend, only they will know that and i'm pretty sure if they do it, they're not gonna tell you.

With regard to travel shops, these often spread (meaning you'll get a poorer rate) the rates at the weekend, usually due to the fact the are fewer places open to exchange monies. This is especially so at airports (have previously worked in the field, so know this / was true).

Sorry not much more help, but factual.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by boyz119
Oi! I did say sorry if it sounded harsh, but it was true and I did also offer constructive advice!
Old Jun 25th 2007, 11:44 pm

mgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of lightmgilmour is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by boyz119

As far as Ozforex having poorer rates at the weekend, only they will know that and i'm pretty sure if they do it, they're not gonna tell you.

With regard to travel shops, these often spread (meaning you'll get a poorer rate) the rates at the weekend, usually due to the fact the are fewer places open to exchange monies. This is especially so at airports (have previously worked in the field, so know this / was true).

Sorry not much more help, but factual.
We only exchange between 7am Monday (Sydney time) to 7pm Friday (London time), we dont quote on the weekends because the markets are closed. The customer rates displayed on OzForex sites during the weekend are for information purposes only, but the margin to the wholesale rate is the same as during the week so the rates are no better or worse. I cant speak for other providers but that's our approach.

Hope that helps!

Regards
Matt Gilmour
Managing Director

Last edited by mgilmour; Jun 25th 2007 at 11:47 pm.