Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Does anyone enjoy flashing their high-beams?

Wikiposts

Does anyone enjoy flashing their high-beams?

Old Sep 1st 2009, 9:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice
Default Re: Does anyone enjoy flashing their high-beams?

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
And last week a cop was writing a ticket for somebody that had driven the wrong way of the street (4 lanes, one way), and while he did so, stood in the lane over from the guy he had pulled, causing an obstruction and risking his own safety. No flourescent jacket, just shirt sleeves.

That was copping 101... They seem to think they are indestructible because they wear blue and carry a firearm.
There was once on a country highway a caravan had overturned just after the corner of an up slope curve which is a blindspot for cars going towards it. Fortunately a passing car flashed at me to alarm me that something was not right in front. As I drove near, there was a cop standing in the middle of the lane right at the blindspot without putting any warning sign at least 50metres or any distance from the accident zone!!!!!! He could have easily been cleaned up by cars going at 110km/h not realising there is an accident infront!!!!

Another time cops were doing breath test in the arvo and stood at a spot right after a curve where the setting sun was shining directly at approaching vehicles!!!! Worst place to do it at seeing I was blinded by the strong sun at that point! They might want to get run over but don't put me down with them

Also, they don't seem to be very good at discretion - The week before last I was walking home from the station and the cop was yelling at the woman he had pulled over across the bonnet of her car that she was going to be charged and going to court. That's just plain wrong in my opinion. Imagine if she had been seen by her boss.

S
Why is that cop doing a shouting match, that sure is a dumb thing to do but well...some stereotype is actually quite true for most part
Old Sep 1st 2009, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice
Default Re: Does anyone enjoy flashing their high-beams?

Originally Posted by buchanan
I got stopped by the police here for flashing, they were waiting down the road!
Could you have said you flashed by accident? I do that sometimes (accidental flashing) where I hit the flash stick while turning the steering wheel or trying to indicate and misaligned the angle of my hand.