Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Does anyone else watch nothing to declare, or is it just me??

Wikiposts

Does anyone else watch nothing to declare, or is it just me??

Old Sep 4th 2008, 10:05 am
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone else watch nothing to declare, or is it just me??

I watched it all through the 6 week holidays!
It got that bad that I arranged outings and shopping around the program!
I now watch them all back-to-back on saturdays!

J x
Old Sep 4th 2008, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

Katehn will become famous soon enoughKatehn will become famous soon enough

I love this show.
I declared possibility of dirt on shoes. the lady took a look at our 10 suitcases and 3 grumpy kids had a chat with me and waved us through. Phew
Old Sep 4th 2008, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud of

I had flown into Australia on flights from China or Hong Kong a few times.
Always going through red channel as it is faster (one Kit-Kat or a pack of mints is enough to declare and be able to go that way).

So I have seen my share of things being pulled out of peoples luggage.

Home made preserves in unlabeled glass jars, dried mushrooms in massive amounts and a lot of other food, most of the carriers have no clue why this would be not allowed and argue.

But the best one was last time a man with two plastic "toy" M16 rifles, air operated, couple of kilos of white plastic bullets for that.

He could not understand why he can not bring the toys for his son.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 7:42 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

I'm always amused by their "excuses":

Customs: You've signed the card saying you have no food.

Dodger: Yes, that's right. No food.

Customs: But you have packets of rice here and packets of noodles! That is food!! And nuts!

Dodger: Yes, but it's packaged.

Customs: IT IS FOOD. ALL FOOD MUST BE DECLARED!

Dodger: But it's packaged. That is o.k.

Priceless!

There was one programme with a student from China. He had two suitcases just filled with food. No clothes or books - just food. And yes, he'd ticked and signed the card saying he had no food. I must confess I was pleased when they took a lot off him and fined him.

Gina