Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Does anyone else think Dan Murphy's is getting more expensive?

Wikiposts

Does anyone else think Dan Murphy's is getting more expensive?

Old Jun 5th 2010, 5:55 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone else think Dan Murphy's is getting more expensive?

Originally Posted by Grayling
Tell me about it
Yer just getting old
Old Jun 5th 2010, 6:24 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
e.g. I usually pay $39 for carton of Coopers Green, today it was about $43.

Also blocks of Emu Export, I remember they were just under $30, today nearly $33.

Bottles of Jacobs Creek bubbly, used to get for about $6.50 now $7.45

It's not a lot but it all adds up.
But then I saw Corona advertised for $39.99 a case - it's never been that cheap before. I bought a case of Carlton mid for $29.99 the other day. I bought 5th Leg wine in DM recently when most places have it for $15-17.

Need to shop around.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 6:33 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
But then I saw Corona advertised for $39.99 a case - it's never been that cheap before. I bought a case of Carlton mid for $29.99 the other day. I bought 5th Leg wine in DM recently when most places have it for $15-17.

Need to shop around.
Corona is Mexican peasant beer, isn't it in the smaller bottles too? Carlton mid is, well, mid - you have to drink twice as much, so in effect it's $60 a carton .
Old Jun 5th 2010, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mr mover
Why are you amazed how cheap Hardys is, they make it right here in the Barossa Valley.............MM
None of the Aussies rate it because it's cheap but I still love it that and a few hundered others.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 6:54 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pproehann
None of the Aussies rate it because it's cheap but I still love it that and a few hundered others.
I miss seeing you sitting outside Coles in Lutwyche with yer brown bag full of beer,chatting away to yerself
Old Jun 5th 2010, 7:06 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
I miss seeing you sitting outside Coles in Lutwyche with yer brown bag full of beer,chatting away to yerself
Seems to be enjoying it though...
Attached Thumbnails Does anyone else think Dan Murphy's is getting more expensive?-baglady.jpg  
Old Jun 5th 2010, 7:08 pm
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Seems to be enjoying it though...
Yep that's our Ann
Old Jun 5th 2010, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

carlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant futurecarlap has a brilliant future

DM price match. When you go in ours they have ads from other local shops displayed. When you get the flyers, don't chuck 'em, check 'em (good phrase that, might get copyright on it (yes I have drunk too many beers from DM))

I sometimes keep the flyers for deals I like and take them with me and have no problem getting the price reduced.

As with all the shops, you always get a few deals to get you in. Even crap like VB swings in price from week to week. I saw VB raw a week or two ago for $26. Bought one to try it out, wasn't bad, went back for a couple more and now about $35. I think it was 330 ml, so add 10% (ish) to get to 375 ml and for $38 I got some boags premium for $39 anyway (like the bigger bottles as it saves me getting up for a refill so often)
Old Jun 5th 2010, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
You mixing me up with the locals I use the Albany Creek one and at least I get sense if I chat to myself...
Old Jun 7th 2010, 12:28 am
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

Is there anything here that isn't over priced and climbing?
Old Jun 7th 2010, 9:32 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mic n mat
Is there anything here that isn't over priced and climbing?
My wages!