Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Does anyone else feel this way?

Does anyone else feel this way?

Old Mar 19th 2008, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold
Default Does anyone else feel this way?

We are leaving a week on Sunday, boxes are on there way to Brisbane, had our leaving party with the OH family last weekend which was great and also found out I am going to be an auntie in October for the first time! So far I feel very relaxed about emigrating, when we first got our visa I had a few tears and felt nervous about the whole thing but now just looking forward to it. Have read from time to time on this forum the last few weeks are very emotional etc but just wondering when it is going to hit me? The OH has been completely fine (typical bloke) with saying bye to his parents etc. Does anyone else feel this way or did you before moving to Oz?

Debbie
Old Mar 19th 2008, 10:47 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone else feel this way?

Originally Posted by brissydeb
We are leaving a week on Sunday, boxes are on there way to Brisbane, had our leaving party with the OH family last weekend which was great and also found out I am going to be an auntie in October for the first time! So far I feel very relaxed about emigrating, when we first got our visa I had a few tears and felt nervous about the whole thing but now just looking forward to it. Have read from time to time on this forum the last few weeks are very emotional etc but just wondering when it is going to hit me? The OH has been completely fine (typical bloke) with saying bye to his parents etc. Does anyone else feel this way or did you before moving to Oz?

Debbie
sometimes it just doesnt feel real until you actually get there!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by asher
sometimes it just doesnt feel real until you actually get there!
Hi asher

think this might be the case with myself?! wish it would hit me now as opposed to when I am in Oz?! When we got married 4 years ago my friends told me that you get to a stage a few weeks before the wedding where you break down.......did not happen..........maybe the whole emigration thing will be the same????!!!!

Debbie
Old Mar 19th 2008, 11:09 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissydeb
Hi asher

think this might be the case with myself?! wish it would hit me now as opposed to when I am in Oz?! When we got married 4 years ago my friends told me that you get to a stage a few weeks before the wedding where you break down.......did not happen..........maybe the whole emigration thing will be the same????!!!!

Debbie
I was like that not upset not excited it didnt really hit me till I was in Oz and then i was awed by it all so it just felt very unreal!

mind you I knew I would have to come back again so it was a little different for me
Old Mar 19th 2008, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, been here for almost 4 months, have loved every minute of being here and don't really miss anything. Didn't 'run away' from anything, and had a happy enough life back across. On the lead up to leaving, hubbie got quite emotional at the leaving 'doos' n called me hartless cause i was just like 'bye', (hubbie said I was acting as if we were going on a holiday)!! Maybe one day it'll hit me, maybe it wont, suppose we'r all a bit different. We've not had any real stress or pre-concieved ideas and it was all very quick between deciding to emigrate n then actually being here.

Cheers
Mandy
Old Mar 20th 2008, 2:59 am
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

We came out here 7 months ago and, I too, just love it and dont miss anything. OK, I know this is the part where I am supposed to say "except for friends and family of course" but we are very lucky to have family and friends who love to travel, so the truth is that I really dont miss anything........yet!
Old Mar 20th 2008, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

gillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud of

It's never really hit me either. I've been here 11 years lol. I was sad to say goodbye to some people and wasn't running away from anything but I just knew I needed to do something and Oz was it for me (and OH). I have had periods of homesickness/lonliness over the years but never once have I wanted to move back or felt bereft. We have by no means had it easy during our time here, but I have always wanted to stay and work it out.
Good luck to you on your big move. I hope it's plain sailing for you.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 3:02 am
Account Closed

graz79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hit us about 3 weeks after landing