Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Does anyone care if you have a big house?

Wikiposts

Does anyone care if you have a big house?

Old Feb 6th 2010, 10:23 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone care if you have a big house?

I have 3 bedroom duplex - its OK but not really for when we have visitors as the walls are so thin I cant have noisy sex I would like a bigger house so when/if I do have visitors they can have their own space and I really would like my own office to set out my computer/desk etc.

But I do like my little duplex, it needs modernising and doing up but its ours and it feels like home to me and that is the main thing.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 10:36 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

I love small houses... my OH loved big houses (likes the space)... no wonder things went wrong! haha!

Current rental is pretty big.. I want to move somewhere small and cosy.. To me this is what houses represent:

Big houses = more cleaning, maintaince and gardening, more money to manage (which means more working) and more furniture/shit to fill it

Smal houses = less possessions, less clutter and less cleaning..

Was it Buddha who said that once you own more than 4 things, the items start to own you? (really must google that one).. I am all for clear spaces and no clutter Probably because I am a really untidy person and so the less things I have in my life, the less mess for me to feel guilty about not tidying up!

I have, btw, done the huge house thing... didn't make me happy.

Em x
Old Feb 6th 2010, 10:54 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I couldn't give a flying shit how big someones house is, so what!
I feel likewise about how people think about anything I have or do, so long as me and mine are happy (and nobody else suffers for it).
Old Feb 6th 2010, 11:01 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Wherever i drop my rucksack and my underpants,thats my home
Old Feb 6th 2010, 11:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Now *that* attitude I like! (apart from the underpants bit.. unless they are clean.. and that you pick them up again!)..

I loved living out of a rucksack... I am getting the wanderlust feeling again... think I might have to buy me a campervan and head into the distance.....................................

Em x
Old Feb 6th 2010, 11:52 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

We have a 4 bed, not because we wanted a big house to show off, but we have 3 kids and I think they all deserve their own bedroom.

I never had my own bedroom as a kid and I hated it
Old Feb 6th 2010, 11:52 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems
Now *that* attitude I like! (apart from the underpants bit.. unless they are clean.. and that you pick them up again!)..

I loved living out of a rucksack... I am getting the wanderlust feeling again... think I might have to buy me a campervan and head into the distance.....................................

Em x
What is it with you, Berbie and campervans?
Old Feb 6th 2010, 12:04 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

You live in a men's toilet?
Old Feb 6th 2010, 12:06 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Em x
Even the Dalai lama has unclean pants
Old Feb 6th 2010, 12:07 pm
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Sssssccchhhh we are flirting
Old Feb 6th 2010, 12:09 pm
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by kporte
You live in a men's toilet?
You could be soon
Old Feb 6th 2010, 12:16 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You could be soon
....and knowing his luck it'll have dodgy plumbing
Old Feb 6th 2010, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

We have a 4 bed, not because we wanted a big house to show off, but we have 3 kids and I think they all deserve their own bedroom.

I never had my own bedroom as a kid and I hated it
Yeah that what OH used to ay - small house, 6 kids, apparently he is now going along the 15 acres line of thought...

I always had my own room and used to wish I had 10 brothers and sisters to share it with!

Em x
Old Feb 6th 2010, 12:33 pm
Account Closed

Sssssccchhhh we are flirting
course we are

I actually talk this way to most people !! Gets me into terrible trouble you know.. I have an issue at work where one of the installers thinks I want to ravage him.. Viv thinks the whole thing is hallarious.. probably because she is just as bad as me with finding the issues of life v amusing!

Em x
Old Feb 6th 2010, 12:39 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

course we are

I actually talk this way to most people !! Gets me into terrible trouble you know.. I have an issue at work where one of the installers thinks I want to ravage him.. Viv thinks the whole thing is hallarious.. probably because she is just as bad as me with finding the issues of life v amusing!

Em x
Do you do pity ravaging?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.