Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Does anyone bomb there houses for insects and does it work ??

Does anyone bomb there houses for insects and does it work ??

Old Mar 14th 2008, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

posh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the rough
Default Does anyone bomb there houses for insects and does it work ??

Hi all

as the question says or do u get people in to do it ????

Diane
Old Mar 14th 2008, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

seanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really nice
Default Re: Does anyone bomb there houses for insects and does it work ??

I'll probably get slated here but i dont really care
Yes i bomb the house about once every 2-3 months, rarely see anything inside, occasional millipede or earwig, and one whitetail since i started bombing
Not eco friendly i know, but well i wouldnt be able to sleep at night worrying about what might be lurking :embaressed_smile:

Maria
Old Mar 14th 2008, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Will be keeping an eagle eye on this thread, would love to know what people do...I would!
Old Mar 14th 2008, 9:34 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Yep..bombs in the loft every say 3 or 4 months..moretein for us seems to be ok..we got a couple of cats so kills any nasties that might be lurking in the carpet
Old Mar 14th 2008, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
Yep..bombs in the loft every say 3 or 4 months..moretein for us seems to be ok..we got a couple of cats so kills any nasties that might be lurking in the carpet
Yes - I bomb 2-3 times per year about 4 bombs do the whole house and one under the house.

Hardy ever see anything creepy crawly wise at all over the last3 and half years - and when i did see something - hubby had carried it in on the wood for stove.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 9:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Nope. I think we got the Flick man in about 20 years ago but otherwise we dont bother. My DH, being a bit of an eco-nut wouldnt do it anyway but really the creepy crawlie level is negligible. We have had a couple of possums down the chimney and a couple of rats in the roof over the past month or so but we caught the possums and took them out to the bush and rat traps work well (the eco-nut sets and empties them!!!)
Old Mar 14th 2008, 11:15 pm
Who's the nanny?

nanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to all

Originally Posted by posh10
Hi all

Diane
My daughter lives in Perth in the hill's and she bomb's every 3 months i have been over twice now and not seen any creepy crawlie's in the house or garage
Old Mar 14th 2008, 11:25 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

We tend to spray the outside perimeter about once every 2-3 months. The creepy crawly level in the house is a very acceptable near 0. Think we've seen a couple of redbacks in the garage, 1 very large cockroach that I'm sure came through an open door and a couple of small spiders. Having a cat does help keep the creepy population down, too. Mind you, we had to spray the interior with a flea spray a couple of months ago. Neighbourhood cat rubbing on our screens transferred flea eggs to our lovely never been outside cat.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 12:38 am
Just Joined

ThePerrys will become famous soon enough

The father-in-law used to live in Yeppon. An area with lots of multi legged things,use to bomb the house on a regular basis ,never saw a bloody thing after that.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 12:39 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

We've had loads of redbacks and whitetails in our loft (electrician told us) we bombed and when he came back, said they'd gone .
I've noticed a few redbacks in the house recently so we are going to bomb today whilst we go out.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 12:48 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by posh10
Hi all

Diane
We have bombed once just for sons peace of mind in his bedroom but normally let nature work and leave the unseen huntsmen to eat the cockroaches and let the geckos run riot.

All cockroaches are killed on site with fly spray then fly spray tin put on top of them till death has occurred then flushed down the toilet.

Ants are allowed around house as long as they don't cross the threshold.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 1:42 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Never bombed it yet, though it often looks like ones gone off
Old Mar 15th 2008, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe that people are spraying stuff around every 2-3 months. Seems like overkill (literally).

Can't remember when this place was last sprayed - late 1999, I think. We get next to nothing inside. The odd cockroach wanders in under the kitchen door but spraying the inside of the house wouldn't stop them. Never get spiders of any size.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 8:40 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

How much does it cost to 'BOMB' your house & can you do it yourself?
I am petrified of spiders although when I went to Oz last year they didn't seem to bother me that much. Saying that, I don't wanna share my house with them
Old Mar 15th 2008, 10:30 am
Who's the nanny?

nanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tawkins1
How much does it cost to 'BOMB' your house & can you do it yourself?
I am petrified of spiders although when I went to Oz last year they didn't seem to bother me that much. Saying that, I don't wanna share my house with them
Dont be mean sharing is carring, peace and love man

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.