Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Does any body use skype?

Does any body use skype?

Old Mar 9th 2006, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Does any body use skype?

One my friend send this site called www.skype.com, where you can talk to anyone anywhere in world for free forever.
just wondering has anybody used it.

farideh
Old Mar 9th 2006, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Does any body use skype?

Yes we use it.

Its free to download and and all you need is a head set and micro phone for your PC.

We're on broadband so its free, if you are on dail up differnet story.

Some times bad echo on the line, but mostly good.

Tracey

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
One my friend send this site called www.skype.com, where you can talk to anyone anywhere in world for free forever.

farideh
Old Mar 9th 2006, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

farideh
Not used it yet but have some vouchers for it!!!! - it is free to use 'skype to skype' as voip conversation but if you dial a landline you will be charged a per minute fee but its still way cheaper than the telco's

we are going to get it sorted well before moving to Oz to save those HUGE phonebills to the UK
Old Mar 9th 2006, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ozzy dog
Yes we use it.

Its free to download and and all you need is a head set and micro phone for your PC.

We're on broadband so its free, if you are on dail up differnet story.

Some times bad echo on the line, but mostly good.

Tracey

To get over the echo thing - you can now buy skype phones just like your home phone or a converter that you plug into your usb and can plug a normal phone into - even a carma chamelion phone haha!!!!
Old Mar 9th 2006, 10:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Watty'n'Arls
To get over the echo thing - you can now buy skype phones just like your home phone or a converter that you plug into your usb and can plug a normal phone into - even a carma chamelion phone haha!!!!
I didnt know that - any idea where you can buy them?

I use skype on my Mac all the time calling all over the world with no problems - sometimes I get an echo on calls to the UK, but not to other countries.

Only problem is that the PC latest skype download includes being able to use a webcam, which unfortunately is still not available to Mac users!
Old Mar 10th 2006, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all

farideh
Hi

Going over in May.
We have just went and bought a web cam that you can use with msn yahoo and skype.
It cost us £22.99.
Hope that helps.

Beth
Old Mar 10th 2006, 12:25 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
I didnt know that - any idea where you can buy them?

I use skype on my Mac all the time calling all over the world with no problems - sometimes I get an echo on calls to the UK, but not to other countries.

Only problem is that the PC latest skype download includes being able to use a webcam, which unfortunately is still not available to Mac users!
http://accessories.skype.com/item?SI...:4580&sku=3364

Old Mar 10th 2006, 12:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Am I being incredibly stupid here .....I cant find the adaptor you are talking about - is it the phone wizard?
Old Mar 10th 2006, 7:26 am
Sheffield Is The Best!

turtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to behold

Yeah i use it i have the new version where you can use videocall and it is so much better than msn! I was on it the other day to my dad (both on broadband!) and i could see his lips moving word for word it was that clear! I recomend it.
Old Mar 10th 2006, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

thribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by turtletom
Yeah i use it i have the new version where you can use videocall and it is so much better than msn! I was on it the other day to my dad (both on broadband!) and i could see his lips moving word for word it was that clear! I recomend it.
We've used it for ages - we started when I was posted to miami for work, and was in a hotel with free broadband access. Since moving to Oz we've managed to get both sets of parents onto it, my sister, friends who were already on it, or are just starting.

It's fantastic - free, and easy to use, and very clear. With an average computer and broadband you get great results. I don't know about dial-up though. Plus, it confused the hell out of my grandma! And you can't just ring someone as easily as on the phone, because htey've got to be logged on, near the computer, etc etc. I've found texting home, getting them to log on, then talking to them the easiest way.

The other option is Skype-out, to call landlines or mobiles. It's pretty cheap, but for that kind of thing I prefer a calling card like Say G'day and my landline.

But I'd definitely recommend it. Particularly as it's free
Old Mar 10th 2006, 8:18 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

farideh
We started to use it this week-its FAB! Not being very 'up' on these things I didnt think that we could do it cos we didnt have a web-cam thingy but we do have a microphone but you can do it like that. bro-in-law has the camera and mic so he called us, we could see him and hear him although he could only hear us but it was fantastic to see the kids faces when they actually SAW uncle phil on the computer . we will be out to buy a webcam this weekend-cant wait to have another go-and its free-blimey!
Old Mar 10th 2006, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by willmore
Am I being incredibly stupid here .....I cant find the adaptor you are talking about - is it the phone wizard?
I found them on ebay!!! - ill have a look again and post a link !!!!
Old Mar 10th 2006, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thank you - that would be great - and karma will come your way later today when im fully loaded again!
Old Mar 10th 2006, 4:45 pm
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, skype is good but you can't go offline for some users from your list, if you move to offline, it's offline for everybody!
Old Mar 10th 2006, 5:07 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Headsets with mic's £5 each, bought them for all the friends and will be giving them as going away prezzies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.