Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Do you sometimes forget where you are?

Do you sometimes forget where you are?

Old Dec 16th 2005, 3:44 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do you sometimes forget where you are?

Okay today was one of those days. I stopped off at the servo to put fuel in the bike, and when I pulled up I turned the bike off, got off the bike and as I swung my leg over I remembered that I hadn't put the stand down so like a pile of shite I hit the ground with the bike following me. So I pick my myself up and nearly having a hernia I pick the bike up. And you always look around to see if anyone saw you and to my horror 20 people are pissing them selves laughing at me.
Anyway I filled the bike up and went in and paid, and the attendant said something to me, and it reminded me of an add I'd seen, so I continued with the punch line for the add. However, the attendant looked at me as if to say 'what drugs are you on mate?'
So out I go feeling like more of a dick head, and make my way to work. Half way there I start pissing myself laughing, because I realised the add was an add I had seen in the UK of course he aint gunna know what I'm talking about..........

Dose this happen to anyone else or am I the only one? Or am I just an idiot?

ZX..........
Old Dec 16th 2005, 3:48 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Do you sometimes forget where you are?

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
Or am I just an idiot?
Thanks for making me laugh!
Old Dec 16th 2005, 3:51 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
Thanks for making me laugh!

No worries mate.

ZX..........
Old Dec 16th 2005, 3:52 am
birmingham to brisbane

cam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nicecam_uk is just really nice

i know what you mean .. but more so when i'm at work

i work with a couple of indians, a couple of guys from the uk and a couple of aussies ... a simliar mix to back in the uk (bloody aussies .. they get everywhere )

I can be working away in the office and forget that i'm actually in aus ... but at 5ish when i leave and i get to the car that is too hot to sit in .. and i drive down the road and across storey bridge .. i'm amazed i'm here ...

i'm sure sometimes people think i'm an idiot and i drive down the road smiling away to myself ...
Old Dec 16th 2005, 4:03 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Okay today was one of those days. I stopped off at the servo to put fuel in the bike, and when I pulled up I turned the bike off, got off the bike and as I swung my leg over I remembered that I hadn't put the stand down so like a pile of shite I hit the ground with the bike following me. So I pick my myself up and nearly having a hernia I pick the bike up. And you always look around to see if anyone saw you and to my horror 20 people are pissing them selves laughing at me.
Anyway I filled the bike up and went in and paid, and the attendant said something to me, and it reminded me of an add I'd seen, so I continued with the punch line for the add. However, the attendant looked at me as if to say 'what drugs are you on mate?'
So out I go feeling like more of a dick head, and make my way to work. Half way there I start pissing myself laughing, because I realised the add was an add I had seen in the UK of course he aint gunna know what I'm talking about..........

ZX..........
well if it makes you feel any better mate, i did something similar with my GS adventure. Dropping it i mean not forgetting where i was... i do that all the time though!

i had to do a 180 degree turn in the road, round a traffic island. the road was on a steep hill and i had to stop half way round to wait for a car to come down the hill. well dipstick here decided i'd put my right foot down on the floor like i usually do, but forgetting 2 things. 1 the bike was tall and i could just about reach the floor with both balls of my feet, but that was on the flat. and 2,... yup i wasn't on the flat i was on a steep hill. so my right foot went down and down and ... noop too late by the time it hit the floor the bike was falling and there wasn't anything i could do but go with it.

me and the bike ended in in the middle of the road in a heap. Of course i'd just filled up with fuel, and the tank capacity on the beast was 25L, and it was also laying down hill so i had to lift it beyond the horizontal. i swear if there wasn't a car waiting, and people watching and laughing i wouldn't have been able to pick it up, but the pure embarassment of the whole thing gave me the boost i needed!

i still felt like a right pilllock though!
Old Dec 16th 2005, 4:04 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

quite often on a friday or saturday night. sometimes i even forget where i've been too!!
Old Dec 16th 2005, 4:35 am
Breast Inspector

Originally Posted by scutterUK
well if it makes you feel any better mate, i did something similar with my GS adventure. Dropping it i mean not forgetting where i was... i do that all the time though!

i had to do a 180 degree turn in the road, round a traffic island. the road was on a steep hill and i had to stop half way round to wait for a car to come down the hill. well dipstick here decided i'd put my right foot down on the floor like i usually do, but forgetting 2 things. 1 the bike was tall and i could just about reach the floor with both balls of my feet, but that was on the flat. and 2,... yup i wasn't on the flat i was on a steep hill. so my right foot went down and down and ... noop too late by the time it hit the floor the bike was falling and there wasn't anything i could do but go with it.

me and the bike ended in in the middle of the road in a heap. Of course i'd just filled up with fuel, and the tank capacity on the beast was 25L, and it was also laying down hill so i had to lift it beyond the horizontal. i swear if there wasn't a car waiting, and people watching and laughing i wouldn't have been able to pick it up, but the pure embarassment of the whole thing gave me the boost i needed!

i still felt like a right pilllock though!

Ahhhh another Canberran with a bike, we should get together some time and go annoy the cops I meen go for a ride.....

ZX........
Old Dec 16th 2005, 5:27 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

If someone says "nice to see you" I just can't help myself saying "to see you nice". Fortunately in Perth a lot of people understand but there have been a few blank faces.
Old Dec 16th 2005, 6:51 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
If someone says "nice to see you" I just can't help myself saying "to see you nice". Fortunately in Perth a lot of people understand but there have been a few blank faces.
LOL

Followed up with ..."good game, good game"
Old Dec 16th 2005, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Unycorne is on a distinguished road

ZX..........

haha thanks for the laugh - at least when you drop your bike you can pick it up. When you a 5'6 female trying to lift a fully faired Suzuki SV650 after you have dropped it infront of the security office in a car park AND have to go in and ask for help cause you cant lift it yourself.......now that is embarrassing

michelle
Old Dec 16th 2005, 7:32 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

ZX..........

First post I read this morning and has set me up nicely for the day head!!

Having a nice lil chuckle to myself at your expense here matey!!

ANyway, you're not the only one to do things like that....I have lost count the number of times I've done the same with my Transalp!! Very simple mistake to make! The worst was pulling into a bikers cafe at a local beauty spot. V Twin engine arriving everyone looks round......I pull up, swing leg over, and........let go! Txxt!!
Old Dec 16th 2005, 10:12 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

ZX..........
Well apart from falling off motorbikes, yeah I've done that. Lucky I have an English ally in the office to help me out in times of need