Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Do YOU have a claim to fame??

Do YOU have a claim to fame??

Old Sep 13th 2006, 2:22 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do YOU have a claim to fame??

Come on, most people do... the more embarrassing the better!

I was a "background artist" dahhrling (an extra to everyone else!) on Brookside and Hollyoaks when I was at uni...

The missus was picked up by Will Smith - literally (his bodyguard knocked her over by accident as they came out of a shop on Regent Street!)

Anyone else wanna share their moments of glory (or shame!)?

Steve

Last edited by stevemich; Sep 13th 2006 at 2:26 am.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 2:31 am
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do YOU have a claim to fame??

Originally Posted by stevemich
Come on, most people do... the more embarrassing the better!

I was a "background artist" dahhrling (an extra to everyone else!) on Brookside and Hollyoaks when I was at uni...

The missus was picked up by Will Smith - literally (his bodyguard knocked her over by accident as they came out of a shop on Regent Street!)

Steve
Shame.

I "starred" (loose term) in a Comet TV advert.

It was all uphill from there.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 2:39 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

remember the song I eat cannibals by toto coello (or something)...i did a dance routine on stage at one of their gigs
Old Sep 13th 2006, 2:44 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't possibly tell anyone on BE - I would die of embarrassment - lets just say before I left the English department back in Shirebrook, I recall a conversation like......

I hate this job' head of dept
'me too but there are worse jobs' KS3 co-ordinator
'I have done some pretty terrible jobs when I was younger' Class teacher
'mmm me too - I had a REAL dirty job' Sasbear (me)

It took them weeks and weeks to get the info from me - in fact the day I left I told them all - you should have seen their faces
Old Sep 13th 2006, 2:46 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sasbear

I couldn't possibly tell anyone on BE - I would die of embarrassment - lets just say before I left the English department back in Shirebrook, I recall a conversation like......

I hate this job' head of dept
'me too but there are worse jobs' KS3 co-ordinator
'I have done some pretty terrible jobs when I was younger' Class teacher
'mmm me too - I had a REAL dirty job' Sasbear (me)

It took them weeks and weeks to get the info from me - in fact the day I left I told them all - you should have seen their faces
Come on Sarah - that sounds too juicy for us to not pester you to tell!
Old Sep 13th 2006, 2:50 am

gedge has disabled reputation

i served Lenny Henry in a pub once, Dawn was sat out the front
didn't realise who it was till someone said
he was just another punter as far as I was concerned
Old Sep 13th 2006, 2:50 am

i also met Brian May and that bird from Eastenders he used to go out with
don't know who had the most scarey hair, them or me
Old Sep 13th 2006, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Sarah - that sounds too juicy for us to not pester you to tell!

This is something seriously embarrassing - honestly - and I certainly have a claim to fame with this one - I also have another claim to fame that isn't embarrassing...If you recall the film 'Threads' - filmed in Sheffield, about nuclear war in the 80's. I had a small part in that - I got the part through my friend at drama college - Sally Heines (daughter of Barry)
Old Sep 13th 2006, 2:53 am
Full Throttle

Originally Posted by sasbear
This is something seriously embarrassing - honestly - and I certainly have a claim to fame with this one - I also have another claim to fame that isn't embarrassing...If you recall the film 'Threads' - filmed in Sheffield, about nuclear war in the 80's. I had a small part in that - I got the part through my friend at drama college - Sally Heines (daughter of Barry)
Nope.
Sorry. You can't just leave us dangling.
Maybe we should do a poll about what dirty jobs you may have done?!
Old Sep 13th 2006, 2:53 am

i've written about this one before...

me and the missus arrived in Tassie on the Queen's birthday (god bless her)
didn't have the date in our diaries so we wandered the streets of Hobart looking for somewhere to get a cuppa tea, when everywhere was closed

a reporter from the local rag came across us, took our names and photo and the next day we were in the paper, a couple of pommies who didn't know what day it was
Old Sep 13th 2006, 2:55 am
Full Throttle

Originally Posted by gedge
i've written about this one before...

me and the missus arrived in Tassie on the Queen's birthday (god bless her)
didn't have the date in our diaries so we wandered the streets of Hobart looking for somewhere to get a cuppa tea, when everywhere was closed

a reporter from the local rag came across us, took our names and photo and the next day we were in the paper, a couple of pommies who didn't know what day it was
no wonder your becoming an aussie citizen!
Old Sep 13th 2006, 3:02 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
i also met Brian May and that bird from Eastenders he used to go out with
don't know who had the most scarey hair, them or me
lol. He's married to her now :scared:
Old Sep 13th 2006, 3:02 am

no wonder your becoming an aussie citizen!
hey the avatars back
that's way funnier than the stormtrooper
Old Sep 13th 2006, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20
lol. He's married to her now :scared:
guess they must have a bathroom each right?
would never get out in the mornings otherwise
"I'm just doing my hair"
"Well hurry up I need to do mine too"
Old Sep 13th 2006, 3:16 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Got chatted up by Terry Christian once. Didn't know who he was at first, thought it was wierd that people kept coming up to him saying random things.

That's not a very good one really
J

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.