Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Do Brits move to Oz cause they think there are too many migrants in UK?

Wikiposts

Do Brits move to Oz cause they think there are too many migrants in UK?

Old Feb 2nd 2011, 6:07 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do Brits move to Oz cause they think there are too many migrants in UK?

Originally Posted by Amazulu
We have - it's called Today Tonight.
Actually no - I nearly fainted the other night - it was one of em, TT or ACA which ran a piece bigging up & in support of halal food. They wheeled out high ranking Catholics & Anglicans to say halal was A-Ok!

It was essentially all done to make the Rev. Fred Nile & some other Christian nutjobs look ridiculous - but they did side with the Muslims!
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 6:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do Brits move to Oz cause they think there are too many migrants in UK?

Originally Posted by stevenglish
w many Aussies move to the UK and call themselves British, not many.
Yes.

i) Britain does not have an Australian (or even US) migration culture. Unless you are from India etc.
ii) Britain does not have the concept of 'New Brit'!
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 6:34 pm
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Yes.

i) Britain does not have an Australian (or even US) migration culture. Unless you are from India etc.
sorry fella this confuses the shit out of me, could you dumb it down a bit
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Yes.

And it should not adopt one, it's fake to start calling yourself something you are not, and insecure that countries like the US and Australia feel the need for immigrants to become plastic nationals. Your children however and completely naturally become citizens of your new country and so the bond i broken in just one generation.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 7:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish
sorry fella this confuses the shit out of me, could you dumb it down a bit
Sorry bud - I had to go and get a feed going for the kids!

Originally Posted by papilon
And it should not adopt one, it's fake to start calling yourself something you are not, and insecure that countries like the US and Australia feel the need for immigrants to become plastic nationals. Your children however and completely naturally become citizens of your new country and so the bond i broken in just one generation.
It's a good point, but if it's that easy to break the bond you wonder a bit: my kids are Australians but they've been raised in a Pommy household which has had more influence on their lives than an Australian one!
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 7:37 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bcworld
Actually no - I nearly fainted the other night - it was one of em, TT or ACA which ran a piece bigging up & in support of halal food. They wheeled out high ranking Catholics & Anglicans to say halal was A-Ok!

It was essentially all done to make the Rev. Fred Nile & some other Christian nutjobs look ridiculous - but they did side with the Muslims!
In was respect was it "A-Ok!" as I'm not sure what suposed to be 'wrong' with it in the first place?

Are we talking about it being a barbaric method of slaughter?
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 7:43 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
In was respect was it "A-Ok!" as I'm not sure what suposed to be 'wrong' with it in the first place?

The premise (of Fred Nile etc) was that expecting to eat halal food in Australia was an afront to Australian culture / failing to integrate.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 7:44 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

And if it was a health thing (for humans) then they were obviously correct.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

It's a good point, but if it's that easy to break the bond you wonder a bit: my kids are Australians but they've been raised in a Pommy household which has had more influence on their lives than an Australian one![/QUOTE]

I see what your saying but i bet your kids class themselves as 100% Australian. Nothing wrong with them having influence from their immigrant parents, hopefully that has given them a broader outlook on things. I would say the only difference with english parents than most other migrants is the kids will not be brought up to respect the country of there parents birth.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 7:52 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bcworld
The premise (of Fred Nile etc) was that expecting to eat halal food in Australia was an afront to Australian culture / failing to integrate.
OK. I didn't watch the program so no idea of the premise.

I suppose you could argue that if you said you wanted your animals throats cut, and left to bleed to death in agony, because you thought it made the meat taste better, you would be called a nutter and rightly arrested.... but if you request that on 'religious grounds' that it's A-OK.
Funny old world.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 7:53 pm
Account Closed

I see what your saying but i bet your kids class themselves as 100% Australian. Nothing wrong with them having influence from their immigrant parents, hopefully that has given them a broader outlook on things. I would say the only difference with english parents than most other migrants is the kids will not be brought up to respect the country of there parents birth.
I doubt my kids will ever see themselves as 100% Australian
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

I doubt my kids will ever see themselves as 100% Australian
Born here?
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 7:57 pm
Account Closed

Born here?
No, born in the UK
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

No, born in the UK
So was Gillard and Abbot
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 8:01 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

So was Gillard and Abbot
Happily an Australian Citizen, as we all are but most definitely 100% English and always will be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.