Wikiposts

DIVORCE.

Old Jan 30th 2010, 10:17 pm
Account Closed

copa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DIVORCE.

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Typical women

Bernie go for gold. Invest in a good solicitor before you leave. That you can trust to get on with things in your abscence. Delaying tactics will not necessarily deliver you the satisfaction you require. Contact details C/O Mss Long legs, big Hooters might
I'd contact Relationships Australia first to see if they offer some sort of dispute resolution re property and assets before going the legal path.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 10:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Read my lips NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Fair enough, I'd rather you did that than signed them without reading the pm

In your shoes I'd be signing to get it over with, but I do understand your point of view
Old Jan 30th 2010, 10:20 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by copa
my ex in qld didn't want to divorce me .. I left her .... so she dragged it out as long as possible... just as i was going to get it done without her she cooperated. There are certain rules about it ...

it was a few years ago now .... download a divorce pack somewhere for an explanation.

I should add ... i never had kids with her and we divided all assets evenly by sitting down with a piece of paper and wrote down who got what.
No kids,i could have taken her for half of what she has which trust me is a lot but i came into the relationship/marriage with nothing i will leave with nothing,what she has she earned on her own.

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 30th 2010 at 10:25 pm. Reason: fixing quotes so correctly attributed
Old Jan 30th 2010, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

Then you and her (if you both agree) can file "consent orders" without a solicitor and shouldn't cost you a penny, as long as one of you has a copy of the marriage certificate.

No kids,i could have taken her for half of what she has which trust me is a lot but i came into the relationship/marriage with nothing i will leave with nothing,what she has she earned on her own.

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 30th 2010 at 10:25 pm. Reason: fixing quotes so correctly attributed
Old Jan 30th 2010, 10:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder, had the roles been reversed, whether she'd be so accomodating . . .
Old Jan 30th 2010, 10:27 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Ok long story short,the wife left me and as much as i tried to sort things out,counselling etc all i got was verbal abuse,lies to my friends and family painting me as an abusive alcoholic,very very upsetting to them and total ****ing shit,no i've had an email sweet as ****ing sugar asking me to sign the divorce papers.I even got shit for signing papers to say i wanted nothing from her extensive property interests/shares etc because i used a justice of the peace and not a solicitor because i could not afford one,the judge threw it out cause he thought i was getting a bad deal,i didnt want shit !!

Perhaps im bitter but what happens if i dont sign the papers,im off to Ireland in a few weeks.I expect the usual flack from the wimmin on here but i am hurt.
Mate, I feel for you.

The most surprising thing in my life was how quickly my ex wife turned nasty, and the extent of it.

Halfway though extensive and expensive divorce proceedings (we had no kids but quite a lot of assets) I threw the towel in and said it was worth everything just to be shut of her.

I got my revenge in other ways....
Old Jan 30th 2010, 10:29 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
I wonder, had the roles been reversed, whether she'd be so accomodating . . .
No Sparty she would not,but i will leave with my dignity.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 10:33 pm
FREE TIBET

Thanks for all yer opinions(except the usual caustic responce from moneypen) and advice much appreciated
Old Jan 30th 2010, 10:37 pm

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

Perhaps it would be more dignified just to sign them. Personally i am quite vindictive when hurt but have learnt that things keep have a tendency to kick me back. Its a nightmare situation but not signing it, I think will keep it alive in yoru stomach. Your ex won't hurt badly, she'll just hink - see I told you he is a tosser and just get it the other way. You though won't be part of that. Its like a funeral gives closure.

I would stop thinking about how she feels and start concentrating solely on you and what makes you happy. Perhaps take up chanting or something to get it out of your guts.

Good luck whatever
Viv
Old Jan 30th 2010, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you have good reason to make her wait for a divorce but if she was that horrible to you I think you should sign them to be shot of her.Sign them for your own good rather than hers.Sue
Old Jan 30th 2010, 11:00 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all yer opinions(except the usual caustic responce from moneypen) and advice much appreciated
usual caustic? Where? Because I didn't think the 'flack from women' comment necessary? Get a grip. I actually suggested you sign the papers and get it over and done with, don't think I was the only one to suggest it.

Oh sorry, nearly forgot........

Last edited by moneypenny20; Jan 30th 2010 at 11:18 pm.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 11:10 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Ok long story short,the wife left me and as much as i tried to sort things out,counselling etc all i got was verbal abuse,lies to my friends and family painting me as an abusive alcoholic,very very upsetting to them and total ****ing shit,no i've had an email sweet as ****ing sugar asking me to sign the divorce papers.I even got shit for signing papers to say i wanted nothing from her extensive property interests/shares etc because i used a justice of the peace and not a solicitor because i could not afford one,the judge threw it out cause he thought i was getting a bad deal,i didnt want shit !!

Perhaps im bitter but what happens if i dont sign the papers,im off to Ireland in a few weeks.I expect the usual flack from the wimmin on here but i am hurt.
Take her to the cleaners dude - if the shoe was on the other foot.....

Good luck anyway.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 11:22 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by copa
my ex in qld didn't want to divorce me .. I left her .... so she dragged it out as long as possible... just as i was going to get it done without her she cooperated. There are certain rules about it ...

it was a few years ago now .... download a divorce pack somewhere for an explanation.

I should add ... i never had kids with her and we divided all assets evenly by sitting down with a piece of paper and wrote down who got what.
A (slightly off-topic) post but here goes:
We had a great family doctor in SA, a top bloke who was quite friendly with my parents -
He was married to a Welsh woman
For whatever reasons he tried to divorce her - she did not want it and contested it at every step
Eventually he managed to force the divorce through - my mom saw him at his surgery and he was very happy
A few weeks later, after he had gone missing, his body was discovered in the boot of his BMW, at the airport with a bullet between his eyes
After many months the police charged his wife with his murder - they think she hired a hitman (I shit you not)
Court could not find her guilty due to lack of evidence
Police tried again
Judge threw it out again
Police gave up
Last I heard she is a free woman

True story

Last edited by moneypenny20; Mar 26th 2018 at 1:14 am. Reason: Last edited by Pollyana : Today at 9:25 pm. Reason: fixing quotes so correctly attributed
Old Jan 30th 2010, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

I spent 3 years in the High Court with my divorce. Mate, divorce is a killer. Make it as smooth as possible for your own sake.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 11:28 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Me thinks Hebe is a lawyer - or along those lines somewhere

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.