Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Diving in Aus - ongoing thread

Diving in Aus - ongoing thread

Old Apr 20th 2007, 6:05 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Diving in Aus - ongoing thread

Originally Posted by annqldau
Did you go very far out though if you were still in tannoy range?
We were at, I think it was Golden Beach, snorkeling backward and forward from the tip of Bribie Island and back to the mainland. Only about 10ft deep at low tide.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 6:15 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cresta57
We were at, I think it was Golden Beach, snorkeling backward and forward from the tip of Bribie Island and back to the mainland. Only about 10ft deep at low tide.
Must be two different dive sites by the sound of it, maybe we should do them again just to make sure now he's found his fin... .
Old Apr 20th 2007, 9:06 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Did you go very far out though if you were still in tannoy range?
Could I just point out to you - remember a certain persons misdemeanour at Arromanches beach in Normandy where a certain someone was playing too close to one of the Mulberry pontoons and was tannoyed by a French lifeguard?
Old Apr 21st 2007, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by 232Bar
Could I just point out to you - remember a certain persons misdemeanour at Arromanches beach in Normandy where a certain someone was playing too close to one of the Mulberry pontoons and was tannoyed by a French lifeguard?
Tell tail... you need to go out and down to dive so the lifeguard can't be calling you back underwater can he?
Old Apr 21st 2007, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by cresta57
I've snorkeled that one off Dicky Beach as well as a couple more around the Caloundra area, nothing I saw would compel me to return with complete kit. All there was to see was sand sand and more sand a few shells and the odd flathead. Oh and because we were snorkeling and swimming for a couple of hours one of the lifeguards felt it necessary to use the tannoy system as he thought we were in trouble, that was embarrassing .
It had tagged extra bit on to this link, should have read http://www.seaslugforum.net/display.cfm?id=17110

That's better it works now... .
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 12:33 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spottydog
The transferring bit is unfortunately the way it is as PADI only qualifies to 30m as standard (even as a divemaster) whereas BSAC Dive Leader is 50m and sport 35m. Then again given that eveyone you will be diving with is likely to be PADI any boat is likely to limit you to around 30m whatever your qualification.
Is that true?! I thought PADI AOW certified you to 40m?!

Graham
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by northerner

Graham
Nope 30m so we lost 20m by converting so would def be interested to know can you still be BSAQ without being a club member, anybody actualy in BSAQ but not in a club but still getting yearly up to date cards?
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Nope 30m so we lost 20m by converting so would def be interested to know can you still be BSAQ without being a club member, anybody actualy in BSAQ but not in a club but still getting yearly up to date cards?
BSAC Direct is available to join if you don't have a nearby club and want to stay a member of BSAC.

Graham
AOW only certifies to 30m (although their dive tables go to 40m), you can do the Deep Diver speciality course under PADI which will then certify you to 40m.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 10:49 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Well Padi is so easy I guess they have to limit the depth.

Has anybody ever failed Padi, other then for not paying

Off to Arlie Beach in the morning and diving, can't wait it's been 3 years !

Originally Posted by spottydog
AOW only certifies to 30m (although their dive tables go to 40m), you can do the Deep Diver speciality course under PADI which will then certify you to 40m.
Old Apr 26th 2007, 2:41 pm
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin

Have a good time - Nelson Bay for us this weekend

Graham
Old Apr 26th 2007, 7:08 pm

So who are you diving with then as in who locally?
Old Apr 26th 2007, 7:23 pm
Last remaining Dec PR app

biibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nicebiibi13 is just really nice

Have a good time - Nelson Bay for us this weekend

Graham
Arghh! I'm so jeaulous.
Wanted to go diving last weekend and called the dive shop that manages dive permits for our local 100x200x18m mud hole. They said we could come at 11am.
I thought what lazy buggers they were and then it turned out that they were fully booked.:curse:

I WANT MY VISA!!!
Old Apr 27th 2007, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by biibi13
Arghh! I'm so jeaulous.
Wanted to go diving last weekend and called the dive shop that manages dive permits for our local 100x200x18m mud hole. They said we could come at 11am.
I thought what lazy buggers they were and then it turned out that they were fully booked.:curse:

I WANT MY VISA!!!
The mud holes to tend to be nicer here...
Old Apr 27th 2007, 12:37 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

I just checked my kit Ann and that shiny new Buddy Commando has a terminally damaged backplate. Not happy, I'm emailing them this pic and leaving the ball in their court.

Last edited by cresta57; Jul 29th 2008 at 7:04 pm.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 12:40 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

yes my eldest son he panicked

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.