Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Distance does matter at times

Distance does matter at times

Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute
Default Distance does matter at times

I have spent the weekend on the phone with my best mate back in the UK. Her mum died on Good Friday.

I just got off the phone with her and she was sobbing - i want to hug her and put my arms around her and wipe away her tears.

This is the same mate I have been trying to stop smoking -yet I would offer her a fag right now and gladly light it - just to be there with her and help her through this.

I want to send a card with a written personal message but by the time it gets there it won't be soon enough.

Distance does matter right now
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:30 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Distance does matter at times

Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sasbear
I have spent the weekend on the phone with my best mate back in the UK. Her mum died on Good Friday.

I just got off the phone with her and she was sobbing - i want to hug her and put my arms around her and wipe away her tears.

This is the same mate I have been trying to stop smoking -yet I would offer her a fag right now and gladly light it - just to be there with her and help her through this.

I want to send a card with a written personal message but by the time it gets there it won't be soon enough.

It must be really hard at a time like this,but i'm sure your words would be appreciated even if they take a while to arrive, when lost my Mother I appreciated kind thoughts and words in the weeks and months after (and still do 6 yrs later xx) so write down how you feel for her...honestly time makes no difference to her right now ....and you can always call her in the meantime ( not the same ..but distance makes anything else impossible and she realises this)
Zoe x
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jerzo
It must be really hard at a time like this,but i'm sure your words would be appreciated even if they take a while to arrive, when lost my Mother I appreciated kind thoughts and words in the weeks and months after (and still do 6 yrs later xx) so write down how you feel for her...honestly time makes no difference to her right now ....and you can always call her in the meantime ( not the same ..but distance makes anything else impossible and she realises this)
Zoe x

Thanks Zoe - I am going to get a card in the morning and write something down - just that I want her to know I am thinking of her right now - and when the card arrives it may set her back a day or two, emotionally.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:39 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

send it!

my mate lost her son while I was in Oz and she appreciated the time it took from Oz but she also found talking to me on msn was great too.
Am sorry to hear about your friend
sending you ((((((((HUGS)))))))))) cos I know how hard it is
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Poor you...

Can you send her an e-card so she knows you are thinking of her? Which I am sure that she does anyway!

Lau x
Old Mar 24th 2008, 10:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

She's knows you're thinking of her and she knows you're on the end of the phone whenever. It doesn't help you though and doesn't make it easier to cuddle her. Sympathies Send her something lovely, not flowers, just something she will love and cherish and makes her understand what she means to you.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

So sorry to hear about your friend's mum. It is always difficult, but as you say with the distance between you it makes it even more so.
I am sure that she will know that if it was possible for you to be there for her, that you would be. As another poster said, send her an e-card for now and also put another card in the post, (perhaps one of those lovely friendship cards with all the nice verses or quotes). You can then also add your own personal message to compliment it.
Sending (((((((hugs))))))) for you both.