Disappointed

Old Jun 6th 2011, 5:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Disappointed

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
I my family beats all yours, like my brother send an email to my son when he turned 21 to wish him Happy Birthday, then carry on saying I wanted to send you some money but didnt want to upset your mum. go figure

Then My Dad is the best one I call him to say its the kids Birthday please dont forget cause they really love to hear from you, but he goes oh I'm too old I forget, so i say okay I call you & you can wish them Happy Birthday, so he wishes them Happy Birthday than tells them I have put $100 in your mums account go & get it off her & get yourself some presents try to to explain that to your children that there is no money & we are very close.

We don't see my parents so that isn't an issue and I have to be honest my inlaws make an ernomous effort with the kids - they are their only grandchildren but they never forget birthdays, Xmas, Easter and they call at least once a week....

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Oh no dont get onto money

My parents used to send kids 20 pound or so at birthday and xmas. When they stopped one sibling told me it was because they ( mother I think ) thought I was spending it and not giving it to the kids. :curse:

Its just any excuse to be nasty really, all the kids money was in their own little bank accounts. To even suggest I would pinch birthday money was ludicrous, not to mention insulting. Plus the pretty obvious fact were hardly poor.

I really cant comprehend the levels that have been gone to to 'get back' at the move to OZ.

It makes me sad
Getting back at the kids is the lowest blow though isn't it? The fact that they even have to make an excuse for what they are doing means they know it's wrong - maybe they are trying to justify it to themselves ? Who knows - I know however that sometimes you are better off without family and the good thing about Australia is that most of us are the same so we tend to make our own little 'family' of people who are important and close that we want to spend time with... I know that we have