Disappointed

Old Jun 5th 2011, 2:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Disappointed

So do you think I am stupid for being disappointed that I didn't get an email or call from my sister saying 'Happy Birthday!'? My birthday was yesterday - and still nothing today! I know she has 2 little kids and they take up heaps of her time but I am pretty miffed that she didn't find 2 mins to log in and acknowledge my birthday! Of course I won't say anything to her and I know it is partly my fault for having expectations but I have to say it hurts....

There now I've got it off my chest - I can smile and just get on with it
Old Jun 5th 2011, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Disappointed

Originally Posted by Reedy
So do you think I am stupid for being disappointed that I didn't get an email or call from my sister saying 'Happy Birthday!'? My birthday was yesterday - and still nothing today! I know she has 2 little kids and they take up heaps of her time but I am pretty miffed that she didn't find 2 mins to log in and acknowledge my birthday! Of course I won't say anything to her and I know it is partly my fault for having expectations but I have to say it hurts....

Im not your sister,I already have 5,but happy birthday for yesterday.
Old Jun 5th 2011, 4:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Dissappointed yes... Surprised no....

As mentioned previously... There are people who forget all about you that you left behind... In my case my only sister... As well as my "best" mate... And a few others...

Usually you find out who your real friends are when the chips are down, immigration does the same however your chips are
Old Jun 5th 2011, 6:58 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

I left home 30 years ago and have yet to receive a birthday wish from any of my large family.and we are a close family:blink,don't sweat it
Old Jun 5th 2011, 9:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Happy belated birthday!

My brother never remembers my birthday: even when I came back to the UK to celebrate my 50th, and he was at the party, I didn't even get a card!!!!
Old Jun 5th 2011, 10:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Join the club, australias too far, rellies quickly write you off

But happy birthday anyway

However I still think when rellies do this to peoples kids it really sucks!!
Old Jun 5th 2011, 10:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

Same happened here the other day but it was my sons 4th birthday and his family did not bother shameful and then they had the cheek to twist around onto hubby that it was his fault sick of excuses
Happy Birthday hope you had a good day
Old Jun 6th 2011, 12:00 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't had a birthday wish from any of my siblings in 40 years. My mother may have sent me one about 6 or 7 years ago, though. My mom's birthday is a week before mine, so it's not like she forgot or anything. And surely the flowers and card every year from us would be a reminder.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 3:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Im not your sister,I already have 5,but happy birthday for yesterday.
Thank you I did have loads of birthday messages, cards and pressies and a fantastic birthday out with friends.... So my birthday was lovely - I am just stupid and sensitive where my sis is concerned
Old Jun 6th 2011, 3:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by eddie007
Dissappointed yes... Surprised no....

As mentioned previously... There are people who forget all about you that you left behind... In my case my only sister... As well as my "best" mate... And a few others...

Usually you find out who your real friends are when the chips are down, immigration does the same however your chips are
Still sucks though doesn't it Eddie even if you aren't surprised.... Out of sight out of mind
Old Jun 6th 2011, 3:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
I left home 30 years ago and have yet to receive a birthday wish from any of my large family.and we are a close family:blink,don't sweat it
I am close to my sis - and I speak to her regularly, when I call her... I am cool with it like I say just stupid and sentimental.....

My sister's best friend when she was younger who is now one of my closest friends - she stayed up so that she call to say Happy Birthday...
Old Jun 6th 2011, 3:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Happy belated birthday!

My brother never remembers my birthday: even when I came back to the UK to celebrate my 50th, and he was at the party, I didn't even get a card!!!!
I think you sort of expect and forgive it more with me - not sure that is fair but you sort of expect women to make more of an effort and remember the little things.... Or I do anyway - does that make me sexist
Old Jun 6th 2011, 3:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Join the club, australias too far, rellies quickly write you off

But happy birthday anyway

However I still think when rellies do this to peoples kids it really sucks!!
Thanks I have to make an effort with my nephew and niece as one was 6 months when I left and the other not born! They have an older sister the one who is visiting that I am really close to and I speak to on Facebook or Skype most days.... The little ones though don't know me I am just the woman who talks to them through the computer that must be hard to grasp for them like a TV character or something and who sends them presents.... Hopefully when they are older that connection will be enough for them to feel like I am their Aunt and although I live so far away still care x
Originally Posted by LINDZI
Same happened here the other day but it was my sons 4th birthday and his family did not bother shameful and then they had the cheek to twist around onto hubby that it was his fault sick of excuses
Happy Birthday hope you had a good day
Lindzi - count it as their loss cos they won't have that relationship with him when he is older and it will be their fault not yours! It is so easy to stay in contact with people no matter where they are in the world.. so shame on them

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I haven't had a birthday wish from any of my siblings in 40 years. My mother may have sent me one about 6 or 7 years ago, though. My mom's birthday is a week before mine, so it's not like she forgot or anything. And surely the flowers and card every year from us would be a reminder.
((Hugs)) so it would appear lots of us are in the same boat...... As they say it is the little things that matter not the grand gestures and the little things that hurt too.... I am going to try to be less sentimental and more accepting - wish me luck
Old Jun 6th 2011, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

I my family beats all yours, like my brother send an email to my son when he turned 21 to wish him Happy Birthday, then carry on saying I wanted to send you some money but didnt want to upset your mum. go figure

Then My Dad is the best one I call him to say its the kids Birthday please dont forget cause they really love to hear from you, but he goes oh I'm too old I forget, so i say okay I call you & you can wish them Happy Birthday, so he wishes them Happy Birthday than tells them I have put $100 in your mums account go & get it off her & get yourself some presents try to to explain that to your children that there is no money & we are very close.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 5:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
I my family beats all yours, like my brother send an email to my son when he turned 21 to wish him Happy Birthday, then carry on saying I wanted to send you some money but didnt want to upset your mum. go figure

Then My Dad is the best one I call him to say its the kids Birthday please dont forget cause they really love to hear from you, but he goes oh I'm too old I forget, so i say okay I call you & you can wish them Happy Birthday, so he wishes them Happy Birthday than tells them I have put $100 in your mums account go & get it off her & get yourself some presents try to to explain that to your children that there is no money & we are very close.
Oh no dont get onto money

My parents used to send kids 20 pound or so at birthday and xmas. When they stopped one sibling told me it was because they ( mother I think ) thought I was spending it and not giving it to the kids. :curse:

Its just any excuse to be nasty really, all the kids money was in their own little bank accounts. To even suggest I would pinch birthday money was ludicrous, not to mention insulting. Plus the pretty obvious fact were hardly poor.

I really cant comprehend the levels that have been gone to to 'get back' at the move to OZ.

It makes me sad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.