Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Dinner's on me thread by Bernie

Dinner's on me thread by Bernie

Old Nov 8th 2010, 7:18 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dinner's on me thread by Bernie

Poll, the thread indicated we were missing something. As per usual, many of us find the constant Aus bashing 'look what you can't get in Aus and you can in the UK' format a bit tiresome. Certainly, we don't lack 'baked' dinners in Aus.

If it hadn't been so full of gloat, I'm sure it would have conjured up some appreciative responses.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 7:20 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dinner's on me thread by Bernie

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Poll, the thread indicated we were missing something. As per usual, many of us find the constant Aus bashing 'look what you can't get in Aus and you can in the UK' format a bit tiresome. Certainly, we don't lack 'baked' dinners in Aus.

If it hadn't been so full of gloat, I'm sure it would have conjured up some appreciative responses.
I'd reply on the thread but it looks like someone closed it, 'cos they can'.

Old Nov 8th 2010, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Eloisa will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
I'd reply on the thread but it looks like someone closed it, 'cos they can'.

I have to agree with this, I was reading the thread with some amusement as that was how it came across to me and then whoosh.......all gone. I don't get it? The replies didn't deserve the thread to be closed other than possibly upsetting the good friend of a moderator? Oops, that'll be my cards marked on here
Old Nov 8th 2010, 7:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eloisa
I have to agree with this, I was reading the thread with some amusement as that was how it came across to me and then whoosh.......all gone. I don't get it? The replies didn't deserve the thread to be closed other than possibly upsetting the good friend of a moderator? Oops, that'll be my cards marked on here
I thought it was a fun thread too. Can't see what there was to get upset about
Old Nov 8th 2010, 7:59 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
I thought it was a fun thread too. Can't see what there was to get upset about
Maybe it was something to do with Polly having cooked it and everyone saying how disgusting it looked?

Last edited by Broad Shoulders; Nov 8th 2010 at 8:02 am.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 8:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Maybe it was something to do with Polly having cooked it and everyone saying how disgusting it looked?
I thought it was a pub lunch to be honest.

And I thought the thread was made in jest, so presumed that it would be ok to join in. Guess we'll all know better next time
Old Nov 8th 2010, 8:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

COOK??? ME????

OK, you want it open again, you got it.

And for the record the most hurtful thing ever said to me on this forum is the accusations of favouritism.

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 8th 2010 at 8:11 am.
Old Nov 8th 2010, 8:13 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

I saw the picture of Bernie or Pollys dinner on the other thread just before leaving for work and even though it was 7am I could have tucked in to it for breakfast

and I love heaps of mint sauce too so to me it looked yum Anyone who doesn't want theirs pass it to me cos I aint bovvered

I always sit next to the slack arses who faff around with their food and usually they pass it to me.....

fat flucker I am
Old Nov 8th 2010, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
COOK??? ME????

OK, you want it open again, you got it.

And for the record the most hurtful thing ever said to me on this forum is the accusations of favouritism.
Hope you like me best haven't tasted your cooking so I can't comment on that but you buy good Cider...
Old Nov 8th 2010, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Sorry Polly but if the cap fits...
Old Nov 8th 2010, 8:43 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eloisa
maybe a FB chat option could be installed within BE?
Like this you mean*?

http://britishexpats.com/chat/123flashchat.php

*may be broken
Old Nov 8th 2010, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Eloisa will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bcworld
Like this you mean*?

http://britishexpats.com/chat/123flashchat.php

*may be broken
Well maybe it could be used more often then
Old Nov 8th 2010, 8:48 am

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

ok point taken. No need to harp on about it guys, move on please.....
Old Nov 8th 2010, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
ok point taken. No need to harp on about it guys, move on please.....
Anyone seen 'Eating Raoul'?
Old Nov 8th 2010, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by pproehann
Anyone seen 'Eating Raoul'?
nope

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.