Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Ding Dong the dictator is dead...

Ding Dong the dictator is dead...

Old Dec 30th 2006, 2:42 am

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ding Dong the dictator is dead...

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/...895511428.html
Old Dec 30th 2006, 4:18 am
Account Closed

Dried Graze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ding Dong the dictator is dead...

It appears that this sorry excuse for a human has finally been dealt justice (legal or otherwise). Was the trial legal? Pff! a minor point in my opinion and one that will soon be forgotten.

I would never be able to understand the saddos who feel the need to defend such horror as this sociopathic, megalomaniacal butcher was responsible for by even mentioning the legality/legitimacy of the actions of certain Western leaders.

I hope his extermination was particularly slow and uncomfortable with a crane lift as opposed to a scaffold drop.

I for one shall be dancing around showing off the soles of my slippers!!
Old Dec 30th 2006, 4:26 am

Hels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond reputeHels Bells has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dried Graze
It appears that this sorry excuse for a human has finally been dealt justice (legal or otherwise). Was the trial legal? Pff! a minor point in my opinion and one that will soon be forgotten.

I would never be able to understand the saddos who feel the need to defend such horror as this sociopathic, megalomaniacal butcher was responsible for by even mentioning the legality/legitimacy of the actions of certain Western leaders.

I hope his extermination was particularly slow and uncomfortable with a crane lift as opposed to a scaffold drop.

I for one shall be dancing around showing off the soles of my slippers!!

If I wasn't going over to Wendys in a little while, I would pop over to see that...
Old Dec 30th 2006, 4:28 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Bet he wished he had of 'played ball' with the yanks and UN...would have still been running Iraq then. Given what he did to others, his passing is no loss to the world. be interesting to see if this ignites a sunni backlash though.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 4:39 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't agree with the death penalty in any shape or form. The execution will make no difference in the long run.
Meeting barbarism with barbarism is a lost opportunity for the future civilisation of Iraq.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 5:44 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iPom
I don't agree with the death penalty in any shape or form. The execution will make no difference in the long run.
Meeting barbarism with barbarism is a lost opportunity for the future civilisation of Iraq.
Couldn't have put it any better myself.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 5:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels Bells
If I wasn't going over to Wendys in a little while, I would pop over to see that...

Are you coming for dinner :scared:
Old Dec 30th 2006, 6:43 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Ding Dong the dictator is dead...

If you play with fire, you get burned.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 7:03 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Ding Dong the dictator is dead...

Iraqis in Sydney celebrate Saddam's execution

Iraqi people living in Sydney have taken to the streets to celebrate the execution of former president Saddam Hussein.

Around 50 people gathered at Auburn in Sydney's west, waving flags and chanting.

The Auburn area is home to many Iraqi refugees who fled during the Saddam regime.
ABC.

How politically incorrect of them.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi I need to say I totally agree. Don't think it is just a lost opportunity for Iraq but for every person on this planet and future generations
Old Dec 30th 2006, 7:38 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
How politically incorrect of them.

I presume that's tongue in cheek.

I can only speak for myself as a person who's never lived under a regime such as the one Saddam perpetuated. If I had done, perhaps my view on his death would be different.
But then I guess you can also quote Dr Johnson: "It matters not how a man dies, but how he lives. The act of dying is not of importance, it lasts so short a time."

Old Dec 30th 2006, 7:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what my response to it is, to be honest. All I know is that Iraq is seriously F***ed up for an extremely long time and some cove going by the name of Osama Bin Laden is still hanging around and posing a greater worldwide threat but I guess that's unimportant in the eyes of Baby Bush
Old Dec 30th 2006, 10:15 am
SuzieB

blowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of light

I agree what he did was awful etc and Iraq is better off, but when i saw the footage of him about to be hanged, i was surprised at my reaction. I felt horrified. Like one more killing doesn't make anything right. One thing to hear about it maybe and say good riddance, but another to watch anyone being taken to their death like that.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 10:18 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

But then I guess you can also quote Dr Johnson: "It matters not how a man dies, but how he lives. The act of dying is not of importance, it lasts so short a time."
Well he lived like a prick. And while I don't generally favour the death penalty either, there are those for whom I'll gladly make exceptions
Old Dec 30th 2006, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Not that I am a Saddam supporter, but you have to admit he was pretty successful at what he did for a long time. Also acheived a degree of secularism not seen in many other middle-eastern states, and better status for women than in many other places.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.