Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Didn't it used to be funnier here?

Didn't it used to be funnier here?

Old May 16th 2008, 12:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Didn't it used to be funnier here?

Or am I turning into an old fart. ?

There used to be threads that really did make me literally LOL.

Haven't had that in a while.

Anyway, if you haven't heard of this site:

www.newsbiscuit.co.uk

Give it a read, you'll have a laugh. There is quite a few stories on there that crack me up.

Latest one that made me laugh was this

http://newsbiscuit.com/category/arts-and-entertainment

But there used to be stories and witty and clever feedback way better than that on here. What happened?

JTL

Last edited by JackTheLad; May 16th 2008 at 1:01 pm.
Old May 16th 2008, 1:01 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Didn't it used to be funnier here?

Yes it did but that was in the old days and yes you're officially an old fart. It'll pick up again, it always does but it will never seem as funny Be assured you still make me laugh even if you don't mean to
Old May 16th 2008, 1:06 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Or am I turning into an old fart. ?

There used to be threads that really did make me literally LOL.

Haven't had that in a while.

Anyway, if you haven't heard of this site:

www.newsbiscuit.co.uk

Give it a read, you'll have a laugh. There is quite a few stories on there that crack me up.

Latest one that made me laugh was this

http://newsbiscuit.com/category/arts-and-entertainment

But there used to be stories and witty and clever feedback way better than that on here. What happened?

JTL
There was a time when you didn't seem to be posting as much
Old May 16th 2008, 1:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
There was a time when you didn't seem to be posting as much
Yeah I was the funniest poster wasn't I?

Those Bix and Soapy people weren't funny at all.

Seriously, it could be I don't know the new posters so well, and I have no time to spend on this forum, cos I've got these two damn 'tile rats' (
© JTL)

Dunno, just don't get the laugh I used to get.

I'm sure its my problem

JTL
Old May 16th 2008, 1:36 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Yeah I was the funniest poster wasn't I?

Those Bix and Soapy people weren't funny at all.

Seriously, it could be I don't know the new posters so well, and I have no time to spend on this forum, cos I've got these two damn 'tile rats' (
© JTL)

Dunno, just don't get the laugh I used to get.

I'm sure its my problem

JTL
What about Vim? Maybe it's cyclical but it does seem a bit dour since his dismissal.
Old May 16th 2008, 1:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What about Vim? Maybe it's cyclical but it does seem a bit dour since his dismissal.
Oh yeah, what was I thinking!! Good ol' deadmeat.

Vim, formerly Deadmeat, was my favourite. Great humour, made me laugh out loud a few times at his posts.
Old May 16th 2008, 1:57 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

He'll be back. Too many moans and groans about Essex - he won't be able to resist
Old May 16th 2008, 2:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

He is only temporarily dismissed, he'll be back, hopefully having learnt a lesson.
It's just one of those dips, happens regularly, you should know that........before long we'll have people whinging about "too many funny threads, no-one is serious anymore....."
Old May 16th 2008, 2:21 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Pollyana
He is only temporarily dismissed, he'll be back, hopefully having learnt a lesson.
It's just one of those dips, happens regularly, you should know that........before long we'll have people whinging about "too many funny threads, no-one is serious anymore....."
Then it will be the 'it's so nasty in here these days, everyone seems so cruel' before heading back to the 'god it's boring here these days' I think it's time I went to bed
Old May 16th 2008, 10:01 pm
Account Closed

Looks like I may have touched a nerve in the MOD camp

Last edited by MartinLuther; May 16th 2008 at 10:43 pm.
Old May 16th 2008, 10:41 pm
Blah Blah Blah

Buttockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like I may have touched a nerve in the MOD camp
Pics or it never happened
Old May 16th 2008, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

You also have to be careful starting anything funny or sarky cos you will get the PC anoraks saying your being offensive to blah blah or bullying or some such crap!!!

OK.... Lets think of a funny thread then.....
Old May 16th 2008, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by justsarah
You also have to be careful starting anything funny or sarky cos you will get the PC anoraks saying your being offensive to blah blah or bullying or some such crap!!!

OK.... Lets think of a funny thread then.....

IVE GOT ONE!!!!!!!

SEE NEW THREAD......
Old May 16th 2008, 11:53 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes...it did.

Edit: to add...I even tried 'The Lounge' in hope of some humour...but was just the same as in here.
Old May 17th 2008, 12:31 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Clippy
...I even tried 'The Lounge' in hope of some humour...but was just the same as in here.
That's desperate.

I find the humor too american in there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.