Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

did anyone see today tonight channel 7 perth?

did anyone see today tonight channel 7 perth?

Old Nov 27th 2009, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default did anyone see today tonight channel 7 perth?

If so can you tell me what the story was re cut price tvs, cameras and other electricals?

Thanks
Old Nov 27th 2009, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: did anyone see today tonight channel 7 perth?

Originally Posted by Kingseat
If so can you tell me what the story was re cut price tvs, cameras and other electricals?

Thanks
sorry can't help but would be interested in this too ... had a look at their website but there's no info on there
Old Nov 27th 2009, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

sue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nice

Hi
Its a internet site ,dont remember the website sorry,,but its a bit of a con anyway,you have to bid within a minute or 2,and what you bid they keep,unless your lucky enough to win the bid.
Bit like a raffle if you ask me..lol
Old Nov 27th 2009, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sue&bob
Hi
Its a internet site ,dont remember the website sorry,,but its a bit of a con anyway,you have to bid within a minute or 2,and what you bid they keep,unless your lucky enough to win the bid.
No such thing as a free lunch i s'pose - if it sounds too good to be true ... it is ... and any other cliches you can think of
Old Nov 27th 2009, 11:19 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Today Tonight=ACA=Daily Mail=Daily Express
Old Nov 28th 2009, 12:02 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I think you are talking about Bid Rivals. DO NOT use the site. It is a mathematical scam which nets the company a lot more money than they sell the item for. Good examples of it on whirlpool.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...m/1238398.html

Ultimately if a price is too good to be true. Its is too good to true.

I find the best way to shop nowadays for electrical stuff is to go online, find the cheapest price you can from an online seller. Print it off, march into Harvey Norman and say - hey I want that - match this and I'll buy it now. Usually works with no questions asked unless they simply cannot go that low. Saves the haggling crap.
Old Nov 28th 2009, 1:33 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
I think you are talking about Bid Rivals. DO NOT use the site. It is a mathematical scam which nets the company a lot more money than they sell the item for. Good examples of it on whirlpool.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...m/1238398.html

Ultimately if a price is too good to be true. Its is too good to true.

I find the best way to shop nowadays for electrical stuff is to go online, find the cheapest price you can from an online seller. Print it off, march into Harvey Norman and say - hey I want that - match this and I'll buy it now. Usually works with no questions asked unless they simply cannot go that low. Saves the haggling crap.
From what I've read, you're right. There was a similar bid-style scam a few years ago under another name.
Old Nov 28th 2009, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

I can't watch Today Tonight or a Current Affair without getting really angry.

I caught the end of a CA the other day and they were doing an item on what fizz to buy for the party season - it was a Dan Murphy commercial - every wine they showed they showed it with a DMurphy price tag- this is not a current affair this was an infomercial.

Poor/lazy journalism (or an excuse for journalism) and bought by the advertising agencies. Of course they would deny this but there is no doubt that something is going on back of house.
Old Nov 28th 2009, 2:24 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hebe

I caught the end of a CA the other day and they were doing an item on what fizz to buy for the party season - it was a Dan Murphy commercial - every wine they showed they showed it with a DMurphy price tag- this is not a current affair this was an infomercial.

Poor/lazy journalism (or an excuse for journalism) and bought by the advertising agencies. Of course they would deny this but there is no doubt that something is going on back of house.
It's the best journalism that money can buy......

They now have to declare that if they pay anyone for their story, that is is a "paid interview".
Old Nov 28th 2009, 2:52 am
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
That didn't work for me at JB HI-FI. They just laughed at me and said they don't do price matching with online stores.

I'm glad it worked for you at Harvey Norm
Old Nov 28th 2009, 3:48 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
It's the best journalism that money can buy......

They now have to declare that if they pay anyone for their story, that is is a "paid interview".
bit like the Age reporting the real estate industry
Old Nov 28th 2009, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
bit like the Age reporting the real estate industry
Please explain
Old Nov 28th 2009, 11:32 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hebe

here here! I really despise it too. They are the biggest bunch of hypocrites ever!
Old Nov 29th 2009, 12:20 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by sue&bob
Hi
Bottom line is "The user with the highest bid when the time reaches zero wins the auction and buys the product for this price'

Each Bid costs you 90 cents, whether you win the auction or not, and increases the bid by 2 cents.

So if you bid $2 for a laptop computer, and no-one overbids, you get it for $2 + the 90 cents bid fee.

I've just been watching the bids on something, and as it times down to the last 2 or 3 seconds, another bid comes in, and timer increases by 10 seconds again, so the auction doesn't actually end at the specified time, it goes on and on until all but one bidder drops out.

http://www.bidrivals.com/au/TV/50%22...A+TV+Panasonic

I've just worked out the costings on this one....

Current price is $352.46. This means their have been 17,623 bids incrementing at 2c a time.
The company have so far received (17,623 x $0.90) = $15,860.70 for this $2,500 TV. Plus they will also get the selling price of $352.46 or higher

What a business

Old Nov 29th 2009, 2:11 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I've just been watching the bids on something, and as it times down to the last 2 or 3 seconds, another bid comes in, and timer increases by 10 seconds again, so the auction doesn't actually end at the specified time, it goes on and on until all but one bidder drops out.

http://www.bidrivals.com/au/TV/50%22...A+TV+Panasonic

I've just worked out the costings on this one....

Current price is $352.46. This means their have been 17,623 bids incrementing at 2c a time.
The company have so far received (17,623 x $0.90) = $15,860.70 for this $2,500 TV. Plus they will also get the selling price of $352.46 or higher

What a business
That one is still going, even though it was due to end over 2 hours ago, two bidders are still buying bids every 10 seconds. They must have spent a fortune so far.
Just in the last 2 hours they have each spent a non-refundable $250 and the bid price has risen $10. God knows how much each of them has spent in total.

I reckon I could get that TV for $1,200 if I fancied starting my bidding now...., but even then, it would show as selling for $375. I'd have to pay out about $800 in bid fees, and hope no one kept going after me.