Devastating news!!!

Old Apr 5th 2008, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default Devastating news!!!

Hi
Just found out it was my cousin who's house got struck by lightning in Upton, Poole Dorset the other week. After 20 years of marriage they have lost everything. Lucky my cousin and her kids got out of the house with just minor injuries. Everyone has been donating things to them, great that there's still caring people in the world! Just spoken to her and she is staying strong for the kids. How awful to have everything lost in one hit. Off to sort family photos I can send back.
Devastated
Yve
Old Apr 5th 2008, 1:01 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Devastating news!!!

Originally Posted by abergas
Hi
Just found out it was my cousin who's house got struck by lightning in Upton, Poole Dorset the other week. After 20 years of marriage they have lost everything. Lucky my cousin and her kids got out of the house with just minor injuries. Everyone has been donating things to them, great that there's still caring people in the world! Just spoken to her and she is staying strong for the kids. How awful to have everything lost in one hit. Off to sort family photos I can send back.
Devastated
Yve
it is devastaing re the house....but fantastic news that they r OK....a house and posessions can be replaced...a life cant
Old Apr 5th 2008, 1:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh that sounds terrible but so lucky that no one was seriously injured - it could have been a whole lot worse. It's great to see the community rally round when there is a bit of a disaster! Mother nature sure knows how to slap you down! It's super that you have photos you can send, they are often the most missed things when houses are destroyed.
Old Apr 5th 2008, 1:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
it is devastaing re the house....but fantastic news that they r OK....a house and posessions can be replaced...a life cant
We lost all our material possessions in a house fire 7 years ago!!! Luckily there was noone in the house and we were insured although for much less than we lost.... On the same day one of my best mates got diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer and it put it all into perspective for me....

We experienced the same community spirit - it was so humbling

Lau x
Old Apr 5th 2008, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Reedy
We lost all our material possessions in a house fire 7 years ago!!! Luckily there was noone in the house and we were insured although for much less than we lost.... On the same day one of my best mates got diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer and it put it all into perspective for me....

We experienced the same community spirit - it was so humbling

Lau x
How sad, yes puts things into perspective.