Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Desperate Housewives Party!!!!!!!

Desperate Housewives Party!!!!!!!

Old Dec 21st 2006, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Desperate Housewives Party!!!!!!!

Hi All

I got my first job in 1989 since then I have been on a Christmas Party each year, some good, some bad, some I remember, some I don't! :scared:

This year is our first Christmas in Australia and as I am currently a desperate housewife, I don't qualify for a party, husband has just gone off to his and I am home alone with the kids and the ironing board - so I thought I would hold my own party.

Just gonna pour a nice cold glass of white wine, anyone care to join me????

Nikki
Old Dec 21st 2006, 7:44 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Desperate Housewives Party!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Nikki
Hi All

I got my first job in 1989 since then I have been on a Christmas Party each year, some good, some bad, some I remember, some I don't! :scared:

This year is our first Christmas in Australia and as I am currently a desperate housewife, I don't qualify for a party, husband has just gone off to his and I am home alone with the kids and the ironing board - so I thought I would hold my own party.

Nikki
I've just had a pint of Bacardi & coke

Old Dec 21st 2006, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Nikki]Hi All

Nikki [Quote]

I'll join you Nikki, but it'll have to be coffee my end, it's only 8.45 in the morning here!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 21st 2006, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElshaUK
I've just had a pint of Bacardi & coke

Jeez give me a chance, not even poured my wine yet, kids kicking off - I knew I should have got a babysitter!!!
Old Dec 21st 2006, 7:53 am
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Jeez give me a chance, not even poured my wine yet, kids kicking off - I knew I should have got a babysitter!!!
Well Dad and SM have gone to 'Moon' pub in Woodvale (british style pub) so OH was tinkering with DVD player trying to make it multi region, so I thought I'd have a bacardi and coke, only I ended up pouring it into a pint glass and then sculled it down through a straw

I've been into the city yet again today....this time for an agency interview and testing....

This looking for work stuff is very hard!
Old Dec 21st 2006, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

I'll join you Nikki, but it'll have to be coffee my end, it's only 8.45 in the morning here!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Someones got to stay sober to tell all the embarassing stories tomorrow!!!

How's the weather back home - where are you by the way?

Nikki
Old Dec 21st 2006, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

This looking for work stuff is very hard! [/QUOTE]

I have my wine now!! How long have you been here? We arrived in September, haven't started looking for work yet as kids are off now for 6 weeks and no childcare. Not looking forward to job hunting.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Someones got to stay sober to tell all the embarassing stories tomorrow!!!

How's the weather back home - where are you by the way?

Nikki
We're in the midlands, and it's a thick pea souper again, same as yesterday, you can't even see the other side of the road stayed like it all day yesterday, couldn't tell if it was day or night!!!!and it's really cold!!!!!!

Niki
Old Dec 21st 2006, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

Ok I am here I have the red wine and can happily ignore the ironing
Nicky
Old Dec 21st 2006, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by curly
We're in the midlands, and it's a thick pea souper again, same as yesterday, you can't even see the other side of the road stayed like it all day yesterday, couldn't tell if it was day or night!!!!and it's really cold!!!!!!

Niki
Hey, another Niki!!

Making me homesick now, it is so weird doing your Xmas shopping here and listening to Xmas carols and then walking out of the airconditioned store to scorching heat!!!!!

I suppose this is the only time of year you might actually miss the cold, dark nights - that is all part of Christmas for me!!

When are you hoping to come to Oz and what part?
Old Dec 21st 2006, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, another Niki!!

Making me homesick now, it is so weird doing your Xmas shopping here and listening to Xmas carols and then walking out of the airconditioned store to scorching heat!!!!!

I suppose this is the only time of year you might actually miss the cold, dark nights - that is all part of Christmas for me!!

We have the fog with the smoke just got mid 30 degree heat to go with it .
Nicky
Old Dec 21st 2006, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NickyP
Ok I am here I have the red wine and can happily ignore the ironing
Nicky
and another Nicky!!!!

I have soooo much ironing, I am here drinking my wine, typing and trying to tidy round so when husband returns I can say I was working hard in the house whilst he was out having a nice time!!!!! Thought he might feel bad and give me a day off tomorrow!!!

Have just switched the xmas tree lights on in a bid to get into the Christmas spirit, might even put on some xmas tunes, the disney channel in the other room is driving me nuts!!!
Old Dec 21st 2006, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hey, another Niki!!

Yes another one!!!!! there are quite a few of us arn't there

We're hoping to be out about sept when our eldest has finished his exams, coming to the gold coast.

Niki
Old Dec 21st 2006, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Can I join ?

I have my beer ready

I managed to get some motivation for shopping today, it has been raining here today so it felt a little more christmassy

Curly, it's 7:36pm here, so you can have a beer if you like
Old Dec 21st 2006, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

and another Nicky!!!!

I have soooo much ironing, I am here drinking my wine, typing and trying to tidy round so when husband returns I can say I was working hard in the house whilst he was out having a nice time!!!!! Thought he might feel bad and give me a day off tomorrow!!!

Have just switched the xmas tree lights on in a bid to get into the Christmas spirit, might even put on some xmas tunes, the disney channel in the other room is driving me nuts!!!
We have the Christmas tree lights on and our 11 year old has a friend here to sleep over I need more wine
Nicky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.