Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Depressing TV programmes

Depressing TV programmes

Old Jul 8th 2013, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Depressing TV programmes

Just watching one of the most depressing programme I have seen for ages - Underage and Pregnant - god help us (if I wasn't an atheist!!!).

What's your most depressing programme?
Old Jul 8th 2013, 5:50 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Depressing TV programmes

Originally Posted by Hebe
Just watching one of the most depressing programme I have seen for ages - Underage and Pregnant - god help us (if I wasn't an atheist!!!).

What's your most depressing programme?
The one where the dude went to Dignitas and was filmed committing assisted suicide. That was extremely hard to masturbate to.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 5:53 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Pop Idol
Old Jul 8th 2013, 6:16 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
The one where the dude went to Dignitas and was filmed committing assisted suicide.
I don't think it was the same one, but the programme where Terry Pratchett discussed his early onset Alzheimers and then looked at ways he could legally kill himself when the time came (including following a couple of people who went off to Europe to do the deed) was extremely sad and depressing.

That was extremely hard to masturbate to.
I'm sure you found a way.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 8:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
I don't think it was the same one, but the programme where Terry Pratchett discussed his early onset Alzheimers and then looked at ways he could legally kill himself when the time came (including following a couple of people who went off to Europe to do the deed) was extremely sad and depressing.
I second that. I also find programmes on hoarders depressing - I knew one in the UK, and you wonder how they have come to be like that: it is usually something traumatic in their past, and they find it so hard to let go- in one case he even kept his faeces! Many of them are incurable.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Eastender, corrie, brookside.... Are they still going?

Depressing shite.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Don't have a current one, but I gave up watching Eastenders many years ago for exactly that reason.

A couple of years ago I watched a programme on Foxtel about kids and young people who had managed to escape from weird religious cults. One young guy was extensively interviewed about his time growing up with the cult and how he was trying to start a new life outside, only to find out later in the programme that he committed suicide. It was heart breaking to think that these kids had been born into these cults, only for it to screw up their lives completely in the real world
Old Jul 8th 2013, 10:16 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Eastender, corrie, brookside.... Are they still going?

Depressing shite.
You and me is gonna fall out, don't diss Corrie!!!
Old Jul 8th 2013, 10:51 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
You and me is gonna fall out, don't diss Corrie!!!
Sorry I agree with Eddie
Old Jul 8th 2013, 11:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
Sorry I agree with Eddie
I have never seen a depressing TV programme as I seem to have the abillity to never sit down and watch one...!
I know what they are likely to be like and turn off the set.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 12:03 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
Sorry I agree with Eddie
Me three.
Can't bear any of the soaps. Makes me want to stick my head in the oven
Old Jul 8th 2013, 12:32 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Anything that isn't Embarrassing Bodies ... That show just makes me laugh like a drain.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 1:35 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

The Block.

I think it's on just about 24/7. Whenever I turn on the television, there it is, and I can never change the channel quick enough to avoid being aware of it.

So I hired some DVD's. Watched "Seeking a Friend for the End of the World" tonight. It was said to be "funny" on the cover.

It wasn't. The title said a lot.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in the UK at the moment and.....tv in general is depressing as there is nothing on worth watching!
Old Jul 8th 2013, 11:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

The kids were watching one of the weekend about the face transplant lady who had had her face and hands eaten off by her friends pet chimpanzee. The poor woman only had eyes left and they came in and told her they had to remove them, talk about depressing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.