Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Dental implant work in Thailand

Dental implant work in Thailand

Old Aug 6th 2011, 9:03 am
Best move in life

interested16 will become famous soon enoughinterested16 will become famous soon enough
Talking Dental implant work in Thailand

Hi. I believe it is very expensive for dental work all over Australia.
I need quite a lot of dental work done. I believe to get what i need which is not far of a full mouth of implants (anything but false teeth at a guess,i will be in the region of $25,000+ to get done here in Oz.
I believe its as load cheaper to get it done in Thailand and im wondering if anybody else on here has done the trip and could give me there stories or point me in the direction of a good dentist they have had work done at in Thailand.

i have been looking through google at a few but there is so many of them so i thought it would be good to get some reviews from others on here,look forward to hearing from you.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dental implant work in Thailand

You're not looking at a single trip to Thailand. I've just had an implant here and it takes 3 or 4 months between the implants in the bone and having the crowns fixed to the implants.

http://www.bangkokdentalimplant.com/...costs-full.htm

Last edited by lesleys; Aug 6th 2011 at 10:21 am.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 10:40 am
Best move in life

interested16 will become famous soon enoughinterested16 will become famous soon enough

Hi thanks for that.
Did you do some research before using this place? I just wondered as when i looked on google there is so so many!
Also,do you mean you got all the implants done on 1 trip then you go back in few months to get all the crowns fixed to the implants?
I thought it would take a few trips to get all the treatment done but if it saves me a heap compared to getting it done here i dont mind,just need to make sure my work give me time of!
Old Aug 6th 2011, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

I had my one single implant done in Australia. I just gave you the link for info - it tells you all about different procedures and their cost. No idea if it is any good.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

I had this place recommended by a work colleague

http://www.camtudental.com/
Old Aug 6th 2011, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Bangkok Dental Hospital was recommended to me (by a friend of a friend in Singapore) when I was investigating having a root canal and crown done overseas.

As the OP pointed out implants are a few months worth of treatment so you'd have to weigh up the costs of two or three trips. However, if you are going to do it, do it sooner rather than later whilst the A$ is still strong and airfares cheap, leave it a while and it could cost a whole lot more.

It would be worth getting friendly with a dentist here who would be willing to be back-up incase anything goes wrong, infection, rejection etc. That's the only issue with getting continuing treatment overseas is the bit inbetween. Or you could say bugger it and go and live in Thailand for a few months

I've just looked up the Bangkok Dental Hospital and all the fees are on their site, there are lots of different implants but they seem to average around US$2000 so you'll have to see how that compares to Oz..depends on how many teeth need doing! My chap in Singapore is probably around S$2k but Singapore would have higher living expenses.

On both sites they now mention new implants which cut down the time of waiting and some may even be same day or within a few days. My chap in Singapore now has new technology which scans your jaw and they can make a more precise insision of the screw. Anyway check his site out - Dr Steven Ang.

Oh well, good luck with whatever you decide and let us know as this has been raised a few times here.

KK