Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Deal or no Deal Board Game

Deal or no Deal Board Game

Old Dec 7th 2005, 8:54 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Deal or no Deal Board Game

Can anyone tell me where we can get this from for our daughter for Xmas? We have seen it advertised somewhere but trawled the shops today (as well as the toilets ) and couldn't find it.
Old Dec 7th 2005, 9:09 am
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Deal or no Deal Board Game

Originally Posted by worzel
Can anyone tell me where we can get this from for our daughter for Xmas? We have seen it advertised somewhere but trawled the shops today (as well as the toilets ) and couldn't find it.
Sorry can't answer your question but please don't tell me they have a version of that programme in OZ
Old Dec 7th 2005, 9:20 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzy
Sorry can't answer your question but please don't tell me they have a version of that programme in OZ
Yes and its utter crap, same as its uk counterpart
Old Dec 7th 2005, 9:23 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Yes and its utter crap, same as its uk counterpart
It obviously is a bit childish as my 8 year old loves it. I just read that the jumper hanger that is Noel Edmonds (I wondered what happened to him) is presenting a version in the UK.

Apparently it is a "worldwide phenomenon".
Old Dec 7th 2005, 9:28 am
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

I just read that the jumper hanger that is Noel Edmonds (I wondered what happened to him) is presenting a version in the UK.

Apparently it is a "worldwide phenomenon".

I saw two shows and he doesn't wear jumpers in them. I think he gets a bit sweaty with all the so called 'tension' so he sticks to shirts ('scuse the pun)

I saw an Italian version and a French version last week - worse than the British version

Probably good for kids though
Old Dec 7th 2005, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

caroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura about

HI
Toys r us have plenty of them. We bought 1 last week, but sadly i have to say it was for me. Im hooked on the programme.
Carole
Old Dec 7th 2005, 9:36 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

I love the show, probably the gambling side of things hooked me in, £250 grand prize money would buy a nice little block in OZ, gonna be on it in the new year.
Old Dec 7th 2005, 9:45 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

The thing that bugs me about that show is there is absolutely no skill involved. Its not like 'Who wants to be a millionaire' where you've at least got to know some general knowledge and know how to use the life lines.

Deal or no deal is just a corrupted inverted version of bingo. Pick a number, sorry you lose or well done you win. Wheres the excitement in that?!

Just buy them a load of ping pong balls and a bag. Write some numbers on the balls, and stick them in the bag, and then have hours of fun pulling them out and shouting out the numbers.
Old Dec 7th 2005, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

think the only thing good about the show is that it could teach people to be happy with what they have got an that by taking a gamble they could lose what they've gained...soz im sounding like a boring ole bloke thats just got on his moral donkey.

I watch it occasionally to see how many have the common sense to quit when they're in front, must be abit annoying to go from 16k uk down to a tenner.

well thats my 2 p's
Old Dec 7th 2005, 9:56 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

True, did see a guy reject an offer of about £16grand and win a £1 coin!!
he jacked he's job in to go on the show as well :scared:
Old Dec 7th 2005, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulf
True, did see a guy reject an offer of about £16grand and win a £1 coin!!
he jacked he's job in to go on the show as well :scared:
was it a quid he ended up with...was that the guy that kept winking and giving it the biggun...he looked abit gutted....
Old Dec 7th 2005, 11:43 pm
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by A dogs life
The thing that bugs me about that show is there is absolutely no skill involved. Its not like 'Who wants to be a millionaire' where you've at least got to know some general knowledge and know how to use the life lines.
They have to answer some reasonably hard questions to be selected from the audience first of all but then it is no longer about skill apart knowing when to stop (like the Kenny Rogers song ). Ok, I know there is usually a sort of person that puts themselves up for this sort of thing but I am fascinated by the Aussie gambling culture in it - most of the time they go on way too long hoping for the big prizes encouraged by the audience.

And yes, it is in the Toys R Us catalogue but they didn't have any in the CBD store (sold out due to demand?). We will try in Joondalup today.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

They have to answer some reasonably hard questions to be selected from the audience first of all but then it is no longer about skill apart knowing when to stop (like the Kenny Rogers song ). Ok, I know there is usually a sort of person that puts themselves up for this sort of thing but I am fascinated by the Aussie gambling culture in it - most of the time they go on way too long hoping for the big prizes encouraged by the audience.

And yes, it is in the Toys R Us catalogue but they didn't have any in the CBD store (sold out due to demand?). We will try in Joondalup today.
Worz..couldnt you send your good lady out shopping....then she might come back with 20 pairs of shoes..then you could make yer own version..
Old Aug 25th 2006, 6:16 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Whats the go with people digging up all these old posts lately

Last edited by Pollyana; Aug 25th 2006 at 8:34 am. Reason: removing advertising quote
Old Aug 25th 2006, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

neilvic has much to be proud ofneilvic has much to be proud ofneilvic has much to be proud ofneilvic has much to be proud ofneilvic has much to be proud ofneilvic has much to be proud ofneilvic has much to be proud ofneilvic has much to be proud ofneilvic has much to be proud ofneilvic has much to be proud ofneilvic has much to be proud of

or even

http://www.nbc.com/Deal_or_No_Deal/game/

i know its sad but my kids love it

Last edited by Pollyana; Aug 25th 2006 at 8:35 am. Reason: removing quote

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.