Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Daylight Saving - A new idea for the UK.

Daylight Saving - A new idea for the UK.

Old Oct 27th 2006, 5:01 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough
Default Daylight Saving - A new idea for the UK.

The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents proposes a change.

And a posssible referendum for Queensland next June.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 5:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daylight Saving - A new idea for the UK.

Originally Posted by rossifumi
And a posssible referendum for Queensland next June.
What!?!? Where! Show me the news!! Oh please let it be true.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
What!?!? Where! Show me the news!! Oh please let it be true.
I heard it on one of those tin pot radio stations this morning, however...

Saving Daylight
Old Oct 27th 2006, 5:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

I heard it on one of those tin pot radio stations this morning, however...

Saving Daylight
Premier Peter Beattie yesterday refused to publicly rule out a referendum but cast doubt on its ability to succeed.
Thats his usual fencing sitting attitude. He won't hold a referendum unless there is an outcry.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 5:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents proposes a change.

It was tried out in '69 or early 70's. On reason it didn't work was because it was dark when children went to school in the mornings in winter...it was considered unsafe.

Next year in the US summertime begins early March and finishes early November...so we will get an extra month of official summertime.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
It was tried out in '69 or early 70's. On reason it didn't work was because it was dark when children went to school in the mornings in winter...it was considered unsafe.
Way before my time.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 5:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Way before my time.

Mine too...
Old Oct 27th 2006, 7:07 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Thats his usual fencing sitting attitude. He won't hold a referendum unless there is an outcry.
It's more cynical than that it's probably going to be combined with a referendum on using recycled water. I can imagine the question now:
Would you like A recycled drinking water? or B daylight saving? you must choose either A or B
Old Oct 27th 2006, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by cresta57
It's more cynical than that it's probably going to be combined with a referendum on using recycled water. I can imagine the question now:
Would you like A recycled drinking water? or B daylight saving? you must choose either A or B
You are so cynical.

On the news they mentioned that research will be carried out by questionaire, results compiled and then a proposal put forward for a referendum.

We'll have all buggered off abroad by then due to lack of water.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 7:20 am

Mine too...
Were we just being civil to one another then?
Old Oct 27th 2006, 7:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

IN THE WINTER!!!!

Daylight saving comes into effect at the end of October until the end of March i.e. SUMMER!! It has no effect on winter daylight. And these were obviously the same people who found their curtains faded more with daylight saving, and the cows were disturbed and the chickens laid less.

Jeez louise. Thats a new one, having daylight saving in the summer makes winter mornings darker . *wheres the bloody sobbing into my hands smilie*

JTL
Old Oct 27th 2006, 7:44 am

IN THE WINTER!!!!

Daylight saving comes into effect at the end of October until the end of March i.e. SUMMER!! It has no effect on winter daylight. And these were obviously the same people who found their curtains faded more with daylight saving, and the cows were disturbed and the chickens laid less.

Jeez louise. Thats a new one, having daylight saving in the summer makes winter mornings darker . *wheres the bloody sobbing into my hands smilie*

JTL
Calm down dear!
Old Oct 27th 2006, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by cresta57
I'll have a P please Bob.

(only those who watched Blockbusters in the 1980s will get that joke)
Old Oct 27th 2006, 8:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

That's made me feel old
Old Oct 27th 2006, 8:20 am

I was far too young!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.