Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

On This Day In History - Humourous Topics Off Limits

On This Day In History - Humourous Topics Off Limits

Old Feb 1st 2010, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On This Day In History - Humourous Topics Off Limits

Originally Posted by kporte
That is something I would say! You should be ashamed Madam!
Yes, but I'm not!
Old Feb 1st 2010, 8:20 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Yes but who decided? The Pope?
How did they get evryone else in the world to go along with it?
It was my great great great great great grandad. He ruled the world at that time. And invented the Masons and the Iluminatti. He also invented cheese.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 8:24 am
Account Closed

Yes, but I'm not!
Shameless the eh?
Old Feb 1st 2010, 8:24 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

It was my great great great great great grandad. He ruled the world at that time. And invented the Masons and the Iluminatti. He also invented cheese.
Actually my Great Uncle (god knows how many times) was Reginald Pole, the last Roman-Catholic Arch-Bishop of Canterbury
Old Feb 1st 2010, 8:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Actually my Great Uncle (god knows how many times) was Reginald Pole, the last Roman-Catholic Arch-Bishop of Canterbury
Aah but he didn't invent cheese!
Old Feb 1st 2010, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

No, but BS did!
Old Feb 1st 2010, 9:03 am
Account Closed

No, but BS did!
Only if foreskins are included!
Old Feb 1st 2010, 10:00 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

the year zero didn't come into effect until the 15th century when the now Gregorian calendar was adopted. So it was put into place after the event
There is no year zero in the Gregorian calendar so it didn't come into effect at all. Jeyzus, did you fail Calendars 101 or something?
Old Feb 1st 2010, 10:07 am
Account Closed

it was decided in the 15th Century when they adopted the Gregorian Calendar and in effect used the Anno Domini theory (Birth of Christ)
Nah! When they changed to the Gregorian calendar in the 15th Century (18C in Britain and 20C in Russia) the year was the same before and after the change. The AD/BC thing was worked out a lot earlier.

An interesting (or not) point with Russia's change is that the October Revolution was in November in the Gregorian Calendar.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 10:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Nah! When they changed to the Gregorian calendar in the 15th Century (18C in Britain and 20C in Russia) the year was the same before and after the change. The AD/BC thing was worked out a lot earlier.

An interesting (or not) point with Russia's change is that the October Revolution was in November in the Gregorian Calendar.
So, is the whole world now on the same calendar & was Russia the last to join in if so?
Old Feb 1st 2010, 10:15 am
Account Closed

So, is the whole world now on the same calendar & was Russia the last to join in if so?
Almost. I think for international stuff the Gregorian calendar is used (but with BC/AD replaced with BCE/CE - Before Common Era/Common Era) but locally some countries use different calendars. Some religions still use different calendars as well so things like Christmas and Easter can be different for different religions. Jews and Muslims use different ones as well.
Old Feb 1st 2010, 10:26 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

No, but BS did!
No, I invented Quavers actually
Old Feb 1st 2010, 10:32 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Blessed are the cheese makers
Old Feb 1st 2010, 10:34 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by cresta57
Blessed are the cheese makers
I love cheese! My time in France was blessed but the cheese here is awesome!
Old Feb 1st 2010, 10:51 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I love cheese! My time in France was blessed but the cheese here is awesome!
now I KNOW your drugs are too strong!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.