Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Day Has Finally Arrived

The Day Has Finally Arrived

Old Jun 23rd 2007, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Day Has Finally Arrived

Well folks this is it. Sitting in the SAS Lounge at Heathrow at the mo with just under 4 hours to fly. It has been a real emotional rollercoaster over the past couple of weeks. Everything seems to have happened at once. I was fine moving out of my house even though we had been there for 10 years but boy did I underestimate how tough it was saying goodbye to our parents and my brother and sister-in-law and nieces. Really glad we have done it this way though - we left Scotland on Tuesday morning so said goodbye to my parents then and drove down to my brother's in Northamptonshire. Then yesterday we stayed at the Hilton at Bracknell and had yesterday and today at Legoland which was great for Daniel. My mum actually commented on Tuesday that she was glad when we were saying goodbye that it wasn't at the airport as she was so devastated - so really glad we didn't do the airport thing. Despite all this we are still really excited and have no regrets as yet. Just sitting sipping a lovely gin at the moment - so cheers to everyone still waiting, those in transit and those already there - hope to see some of you on the other side.

Cheers m'dears

Scotschick
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 4:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Day Has Finally Arrived

Originally Posted by Scotschick
Well folks this is it. Sitting in the SAS Lounge at Heathrow at the mo with just under 4 hours to fly. It has been a real emotional rollercoaster over the past couple of weeks. Everything seems to have happened at once. I was fine moving out of my house even though we had been there for 10 years but boy did I underestimate how tough it was saying goodbye to our parents and my brother and sister-in-law and nieces. Really glad we have done it this way though - we left Scotland on Tuesday morning so said goodbye to my parents then and drove down to my brother's in Northamptonshire. Then yesterday we stayed at the Hilton at Bracknell and had yesterday and today at Legoland which was great for Daniel. My mum actually commented on Tuesday that she was glad when we were saying goodbye that it wasn't at the airport as she was so devastated - so really glad we didn't do the airport thing. Despite all this we are still really excited and have no regrets as yet. Just sitting sipping a lovely gin at the moment - so cheers to everyone still waiting, those in transit and those already there - hope to see some of you on the other side.

Cheers m'dears

Scotschick
Hiya

Hope you have a good flight and everything is what you hope the other side

Lots of luck
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

skeaty has a brilliant futureskeaty has a brilliant futureskeaty has a brilliant futureskeaty has a brilliant futureskeaty has a brilliant futureskeaty has a brilliant future

Good Luck!
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 5:22 pm
Banned

23 24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by skeaty
Good Luck!
never look back, it only hurts
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

storms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant future

Enjoy the flight.
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 5:55 pm
markj

painter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nice

It's no dress rehearsal enjoy your new life and the very best of luck
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 6:07 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

All the very best
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 6:23 pm

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

Good Luck and see you on the other side.

Our turn next weekend .
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 6:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers m'dears

Scotschick
Good luck and have a safe flight ...
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Cheers m'dears

Scotschick
LOADS A LUCK XX

ZO
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone.

Flight has just been called so we are offski.

Scotschick
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

BertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond repute

all the best Jacqui, Haggisman and little un for your new life down under - hope it's all you want it to be, and more

Ann
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 8:00 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi matey

Have a great flight and a brilliant new life. Keep in touch and let us know how you go on. Not jealous at all

Joex
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 11:11 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Wow remember that well. Take it easy and savour it up. All the very best and hope to see you at South Bank next week if you ain't too jet lagged.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jun 24th 2007, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

Phyllis n Joe will become famous soon enough

Have a safe journey, see you on the 1st at southbank

Phyllis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.