Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Daniel Morcombe thread

The Daniel Morcombe thread

Old Aug 17th 2011, 1:02 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So it seems they have daniels killer

Originally Posted by fish.01
Don't they just know him because he was on the stand at the inquest recently or do you mean more than that?
Not sure mate but I got the feeling they knew who he was or maybe it's just how the news article was worded

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Ok, I've not been following this in detail since they arrested this guy so bear with me. They're searching and digging in specific areas - who told them to look in these places if the accused hasn't admitted to murder and given them the areas? How can they accuse him of murder if he's denying everything? Surely if he's been living in Perth for years, Daniel, if indeed he is dead and if this guy did kill him, could surely be anywhere between here and the West coast.
Yep, these are the bits of the story that are missing and I guess will come out once the trial begins. There must be something that has become evident to lead the police to the charges and to looking for Daniels remains in that area. Watch this space I guess.......
Old Aug 17th 2011, 1:14 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

All I've heard is that the suspect was a "person of interest" in the initial stages of the enquiry years back.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 2:37 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

I'm assuming (knowing nothing about it professionally at all) that just because he is contesting the charges doesn't necessarily mean he hasn't given them info in it.

For instance that guy who killed all those kids in Norway recently has said he did it, said he did kill all those kids, but he's still contesting it and pleading not guilty because he's saying it wasn't a criminal act, it needed doing (or something crazy like that).

So just because this guy (who has been named now) is contesting the charges doesn't mean he's necessarily saying he doesn't know anything about it and they've got the wrong guy. (Although he might be saying that for all I know.). If that makes sense.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 6:38 pm

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
I'm assuming (knowing nothing about it professionally at all) that just because he is contesting the charges doesn't necessarily mean he hasn't given them info in it.

For instance that guy who killed all those kids in Norway recently has said he did it, said he did kill all those kids, but he's still contesting it and pleading not guilty because he's saying it wasn't a criminal act, it needed doing (or something crazy like that).

So just because this guy (who has been named now) is contesting the charges doesn't mean he's necessarily saying he doesn't know anything about it and they've got the wrong guy. (Although he might be saying that for all I know.). If that makes sense.
That's one helluva crazy mixed up post- but I understood every word of it
Old Aug 17th 2011, 11:54 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It does strangely enough. If that's how it is, then it makes him even more of a bastard though. By pleading not guilty (if he really is) means the family have to sit through an entire trial for no reason. Anyway I will stay away until someone tells me all the facts are in as I hate the public mutterings about it when they only know a fraction of the truth.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 12:02 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I've not been following this in detail since they arrested this guy so bear with me. They're searching and digging in specific areas - who told them to look in these places if the accused hasn't admitted to murder and given them the areas? How can they accuse him of murder if he's denying everything? Surely if he's been living in Perth for years, Daniel, if indeed he is dead and if this guy did kill him, could surely be anywhere between here and the West coast.
I think most people are just as confused over this. I dug out my Sherlock Holmes hat and smoking pipe over the weekend, and here is my theory....please shoot it down in flames if it seems far fetched...

First, what we are fairly sure is true:
a) The suspect was questioned immediately after the disappearance. Some circumstantial evidence pointed towards him being guilty.
b) Over time, more and more circumstantial evidence was gathered pointing towards the accused. The views of investigating officers would be firming over time, narrowing down suspects. Yet still no hard evidence.
c) The inquest occurred Oct-April 2011. The suspect's alibi was shown to be incorrect. Post April 2011, I think that the police are 99% certain of the suspect's guilt.

Yet there is no smoking gun. Police need to find the body, and they need to link the location to the suspect. How do they do that? They need to get the suspect to reveal the location.

We also know 2 more crucial pieces of info. 1) The suspect was lured back to Qld in a covert op by police. 2) Police are searching a very specific, fairly small area.

Is it possible that a GPS transmitter/homing device was placed on the suspect or on his vehicle? When the suspect headed back into Qld, the police may have followed from a distance into the state forest, and then apprehended him at the site itself.

Why would the suspect return to the location? The only reason I can think of, would be that he was concerned that the body would be uncovered/had already been uncovered.

Last edited by asprilla; Aug 18th 2011 at 12:12 am.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 12:04 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway I will stay away until someone tells me all the facts are in as I hate the public mutterings about it when they only know a fraction of the truth.
Perhaps I should be doing this too... please delete my post above, if you feel (for any reason at all) that we shouldn't be speculating on this.

regards
Old Aug 18th 2011, 12:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asprilla
Perhaps I should be doing this too... please delete my post above, if you feel (for any reason at all) that we shouldn't be speculating on this.

regards
Well we shouldn't but it's human nature to. It's the knee jerk lynch mob mentality I hate. The police have arrested someone so let's string him up by his balls before the prison gates have had a chance to be locked. Doesn't help anyone, especially the family.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 1:15 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
That's one helluva crazy mixed up post- but I understood every word of it
It was after midnight, I'd just finished a busy late shift at work. That's my excuse anyway
Old Aug 18th 2011, 1:54 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Shouldn't the title of this thread be "So it seems they have a suspect in Daniel's disappearance?"

I would think that without a body there is no evidence that he's actually dead. And without a post mortem exam there's no way to say how he died (if he's actually dead). If nobody saw him being abducted is it not possible he left on his own? (unlikely, but still possible).

Yes, I know I'll be slated for this, but it seems that a lot of people have concluded that this suspect is guilty without knowing all the facts.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 2:01 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

A suspect with enough evidence to charge. There were multiple suspects. This is where the press has to be careful not to prejudice a trial. The worst outcome would be for the press to muck up the trial and we still have a risk to children on the loose.

New media users should also think before they post.

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Shouldn't the title of this thread be "So it seems they have a suspect in Daniel's disappearance?"

I would think that without a body there is no evidence that he's actually dead. And without a post mortem exam there's no way to say how he died (if he's actually dead). If nobody saw him being abducted is it not possible he left on his own? (unlikely, but still possible).
Old Aug 18th 2011, 2:34 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Originally Posted by Dorothy

Yes, I know I'll be slated for this, but it seems that a lot of people have concluded that this suspect is guilty without knowing all the facts.
Absolutely, we must remember innocent until proven guilty. And I really hope we get a fair trial.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by asprilla

regards
it's a bloody forum ..... everyone jumps to conclusions at some time or another, whether it's being bitchy about someone or speculation about a suspected murderer .......everyone has an opinion.....except me

It was after midnight, I'd just finished a busy late shift at work. That's my excuse anyway
Yeh right admit it. you're as daft as a brush like the rest of us mate
Old Aug 18th 2011, 9:26 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by odyssey
He must have admitted something - the charges are so specific. And they are searching an area of the coast - so they must have information that has led them there.

Daniels father is so active on the coast with education and research into child abduction. They have had so many times when they have tried to say their good byes. Recently after the inquest, they burnt an effigy that they have had since the original re-construction of the man that picked him up.

They have worked tirelessly to keep the public minds on Daniel and are always so composed but gosh you can see the strain.

I thought it amazing that on that morning, in a 40 minute interval they say 8 known paedophiles definately drove past. Bruce Morcambe did this talk once and said that they come from other places in Queensland to meet here at the beach to view boys.

Its just crazy, what can you do? I guess its always been this way but the media coverage now is enough to make me want to go into lockdown.
You wouldn't want to live in bloody Nambour would you I always thought those folks looked weird, especially the truckies from Nambour
Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
it's a bloody forum ..... everyone jumps to conclusions at some time or another, whether it's being bitchy about someone or speculation about a suspected murderer .......everyone has an opinion.....except me

Yeh right admit it. you're as daft as a brush like the rest of us mate
Hey! Jumping to conclusions is the only exercise I get
Old Aug 18th 2011, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

They have been looking in an area 50 metres squared (although they are now searching watercourses past that because of the flood).

The guy, regardless of whether he did it is a known paedophile who brutally attacked 2 other young boys - both who came forward later and got him charged.

He was living on the Sunshine Coast at the time.

He admits that he drove down that road now.

All of a sudden it has become very specific - the search area, the charges - I mean they didnt just charge him with suspected abduction. They have, what seems to be detailed information.

I was saying to Andrew, they wouldnt want to put me on the jury because whether he did it or not I woudlnt risk the chance and would just vote guilty anyway. Who gives a s**t - hes an admitted pervert who has already ruined two little boys lives - the only thing I hope is that it is the right man and something of Danny can be found so at least his parents have him back.

They found a shoe and brought in the dogs - so lets hope its not just an old shoe and it does belong to him - not that of course I want him to be dead but if he is, let those poor parents get their sons body back to bury.

It is a busy road, but under that bridge, its so dark and inconspicous. A bus was due and was late and Daniel put his hand up for it - the driver radioed in and was told not to pick him up, they woudl send another. 5 minutes later he was gone.

Now this is total supposition but I just picture, this paedophile with a pre-existing penchant for teenage boys, seeing Daniel with his red t-shirt on putting his hand up and the bus passing him.

Daniel was a nice, polite, young child of 13 - biggish or not there is no chance a child of this age would have any chance against a grown man who wanted to abduct him. Theres nothing "maddy" like about this story - he was abducted - they know that. The thing is finding out who and how.

Its every parent's nightmare. And those parents have and are doing more for child safety in Australia than anyone -their search has been tireless and they are always thinking of how they can help others and raise awareness. They give talks to schools continuously and are real people who have respected everyone around them - from the police, to the accused right the way through.

All of the persons of interest were known paedophiles I think - straight after the inquest they burnt an effigy used in the original reconstruction of the suspect P7 (who has now been arrested) and so I am sure there is a lot more we dont know about.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.