Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Currency exchange recommendations

Currency exchange recommendations

Old Oct 17th 2008, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

daviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nice
Default Currency exchange recommendations

Good day all!.

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend the best way to transfer funds to Australia from the UK?.

I've seen the HiFX adverts, but was wondering if there were any others?

Any recommendations?

(I have an Australian bank account with Westpac).

Obviously I want as much bang for my buck as I can get!

Last edited by daviec33; Oct 17th 2008 at 8:43 am. Reason: spelling mistake!...oops!
Old Oct 17th 2008, 7:54 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Currency exchange recommendations

We used Ozforex and I was very happy. If you do a search on here you'll see this question asked a lot.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 7:55 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...archid=1068399
Old Oct 17th 2008, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

daviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nicedaviec33 is just really nice

Thanks!

Sorry about that, still finding my way about this site!.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 1:58 pm
Ber-kerk

Wheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the rough

I was going to go with Ukforex/Oxforex, but had trouble getting the account set up properly. They were helpful, but in the end I went with XE - I used them for a transaction from Canada to UK and it was really simple doing the transfer from UK to Australia.

Just did one the other day, and it was really painless, so send most of the rest of our money across. If the rate on the website ends up being about 2 cents less once they cut is taken - but really pleased with them.

Got my rate at $2.53/£1 which I am more than happy with (considering it was 2.05 when we got here!

I think in the end it's swings and roundabouts. I lost about $600 because I did the transfer later in the day, but hey...
Old Nov 6th 2008, 1:10 am
Just Joined

ccraig is an unknown quantity at this point

xetrade rates arent the best, try www.transfermate.com and ozforex