Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Crispy Duck and Pancakes -no pancakes!!!

Wikiposts

Crispy Duck and Pancakes -no pancakes!!!

Old Jan 14th 2011, 11:23 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crispy Duck and Pancakes -no pancakes!!!

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
The pancakes for Peking duck is plain flour, not rice flour. Asian stores in Sunnybank sell them.

While we're on the subject, can I recommend a great place for Peking duck? I've been living in Brisbane for 6 1/2 years and only 2 weeks ago did I go to a Chinese restaurant in Cannon Hill for crispy duck for the very first time. I've had good crispy duck dozens of times in Hong Kong and in Beijing, and this one was definitely up there with the best. The chef slices the perfectly cooked skin in front of you, and removes the thin layer of fat completely. I wish my friend had told me about it before, as I had passed that place many a times.

Mrs JTL
MMMMMM NOM NOM NOM!!!
Old Jan 14th 2011, 11:59 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
While we're on the subject, can I recommend a great place for Peking duck? I've been living in Brisbane for 6 1/2 years and only 2 weeks ago did I go to a Chinese restaurant in Cannon Hill for crispy duck for the very first time. this one was definitely up there with the best. The chef slices the perfectly cooked skin in front of you, and removes the thin layer of fat completely. I wish my friend had told me about it before, as I had passed that place many a times.

Mrs JTL
Pine Bamboo?? Looks crap from the outside but the food is fantastic.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 3:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kelli28
Pine Bamboo?? Looks crap from the outside but the food is fantastic.
Yes, that's the one! Can you believe all these years I never once stopped to check it out because the sign on the road didn't looking appealing???

Mrs JTL