Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Crime Scene Australia, Take a Break & Chat

Wikiposts

Crime Scene Australia, Take a Break & Chat

Old May 10th 2008, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light
Default Crime Scene Australia, Take a Break & Chat

Emmm...... has anyone been watching crime scene Australia on sky. Oh has been watching it for past few weeks and I'm astonished by the horrific and sadistic murder crimes out there. Also my nan gets take a break & chat magazines for the crosswords but the amount of murder stories that are in there are mostly all from Australia? Up until now I have not had one second thought about Australia however this is scaring the hibeejaysus out of me.
Old May 10th 2008, 6:24 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crime Scene Australia, Take a Break & Chat

Originally Posted by Mairead
Emmm...... has anyone been watching crime scene Australia on sky. Oh has been watching it for past few weeks and I'm astonished by the horrific and sadistic murder crimes out there. Also my nan gets take a break & chat magazines for the crosswords but the amount of murder stories that are in there are mostly all from Australia? Up until now I have not had one second thought about Australia however this is scaring the hibeejaysus out of me.
Some of the crimes on CI Australia were committed decades ago...
Old May 10th 2008, 6:25 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I guess it wouldn't be fitting that they run a whole heap of crime stories from the USA, UK or anywhere else on a programme called "Crime Scene Australia"?
Old May 10th 2008, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Well, I guess it wouldn't be fitting that they run a whole heap of crime stories from the USA, UK or anywhere else on a programme called "Crime Scene Australia"?
God I know that however it is obviously not going to stop me going however I come from a very safe country where up until the last few years we hardly had any murders. We used to leave the keys in the front doors up until about 5 years ago!!! Put it this way, the ads would have been longer than a show called Crime scene Ireland!!!!
Old May 10th 2008, 6:36 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

God I know that however it is obviously not going to stop me going however I come from a very safe country where up until the last few years we hardly had any murders. We used to leave the keys in the front doors up until about 5 years ago!!! Put it this way, the ads would have been longer than a show called Crime scene Ireland!!!!
I know what you mean. I used to come from a small country town in the South Burnett, where you could leave keys and wallet in an unlocked car, leave doors and windows open, etc. Never do it now when I go back.
Old May 10th 2008, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yeah I always leave the keys in my unlocked car in the hope someone would rob the piece of crap but it still hasn't happened. Since when did car thief's get fussy!!!
Old May 10th 2008, 7:31 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Old May 10th 2008, 7:47 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

It's a country of 20+ million people. Of course there's going to be murder here. And some of that will be horribly sadistic in nature. I don't think the per capita violent crime rate here is any higher than any other western country.
Old May 10th 2008, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

I also don't think Take a Break or Chat would feature too many stories along the lines of :
My dog ran away but was found by caring people a week later

How I drove to work safely every day for 40 years.

.............guess the readership would plummet!
(Most of them seem to feature murders in Glasgow, so it seems)
Old May 11th 2008, 6:56 pm
Who's the nanny?

nanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to all

ive been watching this program too, it really open's your eye's murder is bad enough but the stories coming out in the program are of torture over days berore they actually kill, trully evil,
Old May 11th 2008, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nanny2six
ive been watching this program too, it really open's your eye's murder is bad enough but the stories coming out in the program are of torture over days berore they actually kill, trully evil,
Its definitely a real eye opener. Australia wins hands down on most things but after seeing that program and reading the mags Im afraid Ireland wins hands down on safety!!! Not that its going to change my mind or anything but I certainly wont be leaving my front door keys in the door over there!!!!!
Old May 11th 2008, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

Alone in Adelaide. has a spectacular aura aboutAlone in Adelaide. has a spectacular aura aboutAlone in Adelaide. has a spectacular aura about

I think it seem alot safer than London where I moved from. But if you like that show you should read an excellent book called 'Shark Net' about a serial killer in Perth. You know, just to help you sleep.

Good luck.
Old May 11th 2008, 8:14 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Mairead I read somewhere recently limerick is the murder capital of western europe?
Old May 11th 2008, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by seang
Mairead I read somewhere recently limerick is the murder capital of western europe?

I dont think so as the World health organization figures showed that in 2007 Ireland was the safest country in Europe. Now we do fondly call limerick stab city due to the gangs but thankfully its not like downtown beirut Dont get me wrong though like everywhere crime in Ireland is definitely on the increase but it is still a very very safe place to live. boring but safe!!!
Old May 11th 2008, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's Adelaide that has the reputation for serial killers. Couldn't tell you if it's justified or not ... was drunk the whole time I was there (winery trip)!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.