Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Wikiposts

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Old Jul 14th 2013, 7:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Originally Posted by Beoz
Probably want to choose your friends a little more wisely. Tonnes of cricket loving aussies on my FB and theres nothing of the sort. Plently mentioning what a great test is was though. Press has been pretty good too except for that tosser in the Times .... whats his name ....... Mr Unforgettable ...... simon wilde.
Ach I'm sure we all have people on facebook who's views don't agree with ours, doesn't stop them being our friends for other reasons, let them get it out of their system and if they are worth being friends with they will still be there when its all blown over!

Now bring on Round Two
Old Jul 14th 2013, 7:42 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
And those "cryptic comments" will cease, on any and all sides. Any more and I shall start butchering the thread and removing stuff. We are all commenting on reaction amongst friends and colleagues, but lets cut out the snide stuff and keep the thread in the vein which has lasted so well.

Its just not cricket to bring other issues in here. Thanks.
Thank you Polly, it does get tiresome.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 7:45 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Ach I'm sure we all have people on facebook who's views don't agree with ours, doesn't stop them being our friends for other reasons, let them get it out of their system and if they are worth being friends with they will still be there when its all blown over!

Now bring on Round Two
To be fair it is friends of friends so I cant really choose what they write, my actual FB friends are taking it in good humour and the friendly banter is good fun.
As you say bring on round 2, I dont think England will let them get that close again and the tail can only wag so many times
Old Jul 14th 2013, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

And those "cryptic comments" will cease, on any and all sides. Any more and I shall start butchering the thread and removing stuff. We are all commenting on reaction amongst friends and colleagues, but lets cut out the snide stuff and keep the thread in the vein which has lasted so well.

Its just not cricket to bring other issues in here. Thanks.
Agree. Was a very good game and a great thread too until it was lowered.

Bring on game 2. Back in Oz this week so let the late nights commence.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 12:00 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Great test - top cricket. I don't think Haddin was out but given what had gone on before, a not unexpected decision

As I thought before the series, Australia have proved that they are competitive
Old Jul 14th 2013, 12:02 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Dude, her comments were partly directed at you!
Old Jul 14th 2013, 1:06 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Great test - top cricket. I don't think Haddin was out but given what had gone on before, a not unexpected decision

snicko has since suggested he was, together with the hotspot and the clear noise with the bat nowhere near anything else, it is about as conclusive as DRS gets
Old Jul 14th 2013, 1:18 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Dude, her comments were partly directed at you!
As I said, on any and all sides.

End of topic or end of thread - I don't want to do that but I will have I need to.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 1:20 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
snicko has since suggested he was, together with the hotspot and the clear noise with the bat nowhere near anything else, it is about as conclusive as DRS gets
Got pelted with stale biscuits on arriving at work this morning wearing an England shirt

Love it, hope the atmosphere here continues
Old Jul 14th 2013, 3:48 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Even with the new fangled rules and regulations I'm fairly sure that smashing the cover off the ball and a member of the opposition taking the catch is still out these days.

I was drifting into comotose territory but the unmistakable sound of willow making contact with leather woke me up!
Old Jul 14th 2013, 3:50 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Got pelted with stale biscuits on arriving at work this morning wearing an England shirt

Love it, hope the atmosphere here continues
I'd love to say what I've done work-wise but:

a) I am now at work
b) I am fairly sure mentioning it would be a Bad Thing

I'll PM you.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 4:52 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I'd love to say what I've done work-wise but:

a) I am now at work
b) I am fairly sure mentioning it would be a Bad Thing

I'll PM you.
Please do
Old Jul 14th 2013, 6:18 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Even with the new fangled rules and regulations I'm fairly sure that smashing the cover off the ball and a member of the opposition taking the catch is still out these days.

I was drifting into comotose territory but the unmistakable sound of willow making contact with leather woke me up!
I think the hotspot and the noise were dead giveaways
Old Jul 14th 2013, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Its not really right to bring any decisions into the result of this game. Both teams use the DRS and it could certainly swing in both directions for remaining tests.

The trick here is to just play better than the opposition and make those narrow margins a no matter.

Aussies should hold their heads high. On paper they had no right to get within 14 runs and really should have been blown of the park. England will be disappointed by that when they look back.
Old Jul 14th 2013, 8:58 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Beoz
Its not really right to bring any decisions into the result of this game. Both teams use the DRS and it could certainly swing in both directions for remaining tests.

The trick here is to just play better than the opposition and make those narrow margins a no matter.

Aussies should hold their heads high. On paper they had no right to get within 14 runs and really should have been blown of the park. England will be disappointed by that when they look back.
Like I was saying, Australia are competitive - despite being written off be the poms before the series started

Siddle was panned before the start but has done well - 8 wickets

Apart from Anderson (who is seriously world-class), I didn't see that much good bowling from England

Both teams have batting issues

The runners-up cup (aka The Ashes) is a bit more wide open than last week that's for sure

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.