Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Old Jan 17th 2014, 1:11 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Originally Posted by fuchs01
Ah but you was, in heart and soul.Youre 'dreadful sensing ' proves you cant let go......
what did you kick at the end, the dog or the cat.
Indeed so, Quantum Mechanics means that I was there because I was engaged and entangled with the event.

But I wasn't there in the sense of the logistical nightmare of needing to get home to the sticks if 'you have had a few' after being present physically, taking stick from all and sundry and all that entails.

We are not a cat-supporting (nobody owns a cat) household so that is off the agenda/pet-kicking rota.

We do have a dog however and she is currently suffering the immediate effects of cruciate ligament surgery so kicking is not an option.
Old Jan 17th 2014, 2:39 pm
seenbeendonenocriesnowhys

fuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Indeed so, Quantum Mechanics means that I was there because I was engaged and entangled with the event.

But I wasn't there in the sense of the logistical nightmare of needing to get home to the sticks if 'you have had a few' after being present physically, taking stick from all and sundry and all that entails.

We are not a cat-supporting (nobody owns a cat) household so that is off the agenda/pet-kicking rota.

We do have a dog however and she is currently suffering the immediate effects of cruciate ligament surgery so kicking is not an option.
You're a good lad with good sense, to walk wide and keep your distance, from would be clashes, cares about animals, a good stand up citizen, with the proud English trait,
of turning the other cheek, a quick unseen tear falls in the morning cup of tea.Then
shake yourself down, and just gets on with life.Aahh we English, its amazing what we
put up with, and just carry on, brings a pride tear to my eyes.
Old Jan 17th 2014, 6:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

What a match! I just knew that England wouldn't win...the Aussie tail has proved repeatedly that they can bat. Look at the last two overs that each side played. There the game turned. (Though it did a bit of swinging about in other overs too, I must admit.)
Old Jan 17th 2014, 9:00 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Go the Aussies )))))))))))))))
Old Jan 17th 2014, 11:08 pm

fuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont care anymore.
I am just waiting for LCFC to defeat Leeds.Then the Tigers to beat the Ulstermen.
My WE will be then complete, and can be only topped if I win the German lotto.
So I wont be watching the cricket, I am only interested in bankers at the WE.
Old Jan 17th 2014, 11:34 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Not a bad win, quite happy with that.

Old Jan 18th 2014, 5:10 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Not a bad win, quite happy with that.

Adelaide strikers - r u England in disguise! Total sh!te :-(
Old Jan 18th 2014, 6:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
Adelaide strikers - r u England in disguise! Total sh!te :-(
They couldn't give their wickets away fast enough.
Old Jan 18th 2014, 6:42 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
They couldn't give their wickets away fast enough.
Must've been on a promise ;-)
Old Jan 19th 2014, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Clarke really is turning into an uber knob. Morgan had every right to stand his ground. Someone needs to put Clarke back in his box.
Old Jan 19th 2014, 9:38 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

^^ Well it sure as hell won't be the England cricket team.

Australia wins by 7 wickets with 10 overs to spare. ODI series is in the bag; can Clarke push for a historic double whitewash?
Old Jan 19th 2014, 9:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

^^ Well it sure as hell won't be the England cricket team.

Australia wins by 7 wickets with 10 overs to spare. ODI series is in the bag; can Clarke push for a historic double whitewash?
i'd be exactly as smug and annoying as you, if we'd pissed all over you
Old Jan 19th 2014, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

NigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond repute

I've been here 40 years+ so I now support the Australian Team, don't know if its been mentioned before but don't you think that the Barmy Army are the best behaved and most sporting of all supporters groups?
Old Jan 19th 2014, 10:22 am
Fighting my corner

Arrow Re: The Cricket Thread (...and other sport)

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
i'd be exactly as smug and annoying as you, if we'd pissed all over you
...and I'd be reaching for the sour grapes just like you if my team had played as badly as the South Shields Under-13s with half a kilo of coke up their nostrils.

Originally Posted by NigelWaring
I've been here 40 years+ so I now support the Australian Team, don't know if its been mentioned before but don't you think that the Barmy Army are the best behaved and most sporting of all supporters groups?
No.

Firstly, I don't know of any study which has analysed the behaviour and sporting spirit of all supporters' groups throughout the entire world. I imagine that would be quite a lot of work.

Secondly, the Barmy Army's charter permits their members to abuse players from the opposing team. That is not even close to 'best behaved.' It's the complete opposite: the deliberate indulgence of bad behaviour. You don't need to look far for examples of this in the last few years.
Old Jan 19th 2014, 12:17 pm

...and I'd be reaching for the sour grapes just like you if my team had played as badly as the South Shields Under-13s with half a kilo of coke up their nostrils.

No.

Firstly, I don't know of any study which has analysed the behaviour and sporting spirit of all supporters' groups throughout the entire world. I imagine that would be quite a lot of work.

Secondly, the Barmy Army's charter permits their members to abuse players from the opposing team. That is not even close to 'best behaved.' It's the complete opposite: the deliberate indulgence of bad behaviour. You don't need to look far for examples of this in the last few years.
Barmy Army.....a bit like marmite, either love em or hate em for their taste.
Abuse players I question, it usually starts with banter, and micky-taking if a given player makes a mistake.
Hey dont forget the Aussi spectators on the hill and some other venues, were down right insulting, from and through the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s.
The English travelling fans just started to group together, and began to copy the idea,
but obviously alot nicer and gentlemanly, with some sprinkling of class.
They would never offer a babybat, to be autographed, then withdraw it as the player
approaches willingly to sign it......Bad form that, bad form.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.