The Cricket Thread

Old Oct 5th 2016, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
Back on the topic of cricket, South Africa have choked again in the tri-nation ODI competition here in the West Indies - losing their last seven wickets for 41 runs against Australia. Hopeless!
Don't seem to be choking now...

Australia 371/6 v South Africa 372/6 (49.2/50 ov)

South Africa won by 4 wickets (with 4 balls remaining)

3-0 so far, with two games to go. Maybe a whitewash is on the cards.

"David Miller's third ODI hundred helped South Africa pull off the second-highest chase of all time and seal the series against Australia with two matches to spare. Miller has chosen not to play his domestic cricket at the Durban-based Dolphins this summer but thrilled his former home crowd during the highest successful chase at Kingsmead with a heroic knock that will become the stuff of legend."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-af...y/1060471.html

Last edited by Alfresco; Oct 5th 2016 at 10:00 pm.
Old Oct 5th 2016, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Don't seem to be choking now...
Very pleasing! I was following it on Cricinfo too. Miller is a wild man when he gets going, and the young fellow Jehosephat or whatever his name is did fantastically well. A wonderful partnership.
Old Oct 5th 2016, 10:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Very pleasing! I was following it on Cricinfo too. Miller is a wild man when he gets going, and the young fellow Jehosephat or whatever his name is did fantastically well. A wonderful partnership.
Jehosephat!!!

Just call him Lucky as is his middle name.

Andile Lucky Phehlukwayo
Old Oct 5th 2016, 10:33 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I think the upcoming SA tour will be very spicy, looking forward to it despite the lack of AB. Day/Night test at the Gabba vs Pakistan too, I hope that's more competitive than it promises.
Old Oct 5th 2016, 10:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I think the upcoming SA tour will be very spicy, looking forward to it despite the lack of AB. Day/Night test at the Gabba vs Pakistan too, I hope that's more competitive than it promises.
S.A. will defo miss him. A real pity he's not playing.
Old Oct 5th 2016, 10:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Is there cricket on?

Got myself some tickets to the day night test in Adelaide. Never been to Adelaide, well, I flew into the airport once on a stop over.

I hear its a good weekend.
Old Oct 5th 2016, 11:16 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Is there cricket on?

Got myself some tickets to the day night test in Adelaide. Never been to Adelaide, well, I flew into the airport once on a stop over.

I hear its a good weekend.
Looks like a great place to watch some cricket, got to be better than the concrete sweat box that is The Gabba. I tried to get some guys to do a road trip for the last Ashes but it didn't plan out.
Old Oct 5th 2016, 11:18 pm
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by Alfresco
S.A. will defo miss him. A real pity he's not playing.
Yup, you want to see both sides at full strength. Unlike the current ODI series, impressive chase by S.A. though.
Old Oct 6th 2016, 12:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes, of course - although a charge of "choking" is normally applied to a chasing team. Pathetic, both times - and with more to come, I imagine.
Just thought I'd check on some stats from StatsGuru to find out the choking rankings in ODI cricket.

Definition: Choking = Team chasing and losing the match (ODIs only).

1st table from 1991-present (S.A. re-admission). 2nd table from 1971-present.

Australia are the least chokers, S.A. second least. All other teams choke more than those two.
Attached Thumbnails The Cricket Thread-choking-stats.jpg  
Old Oct 6th 2016, 12:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a great place to watch some cricket, got to be better than the concrete sweat box that is The Gabba. I tried to get some guys to do a road trip for the last Ashes but it didn't plan out.
The stadium looks a cracker and the night thing seemed to work well last year. Looking forward to it.
Old Oct 13th 2016, 1:51 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not really a fan of ODI cricket but did enjoy the look of despair on the normally smug/arrogant/scowling mug of that knob jockey Smith

Australia's first ever 5-0 whitewash too
Old Oct 14th 2016, 6:37 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I'm not really a fan of ODI cricket but did enjoy the look of despair on the normally smug/arrogant/scowling mug of that knob jockey Smith

Australia's first ever 5-0 whitewash too
Mixed-racewash actually, let's not fall back into old habits.
Old Oct 30th 2016, 12:16 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I'm no fan of England and knock the shit out of them on here but f**k me, Bangladesh deserved that

I watched the end on a dodgy live stream on kodi - well worth the effort

All 10 wicket for 60-odd runs after tea - outstanding

Considering that Bangladesh took England close in the 1st test and how young and inexperienced they are, they can take a lot from this tour. I know sub-continent pitches can be difficult but England looked so ordinary

Well done the Bangla boys!

Also credit to England for showing Bangladesh some respect by sending a full 1st team and not a 2nd string lash-up

Last edited by Amazulu; Oct 30th 2016 at 12:30 pm.
Old Oct 30th 2016, 11:05 pm
Mostly Harmless

Yep, well deserved from Bangladesh. The upcoming tour of India is going to be tough. Some good signs from England for the emerging players though.

I hope SA kick some Aussie butt btw ...
Old Oct 31st 2016, 12:31 am
Proudly Deplorable

Yep, well deserved from Bangladesh. The upcoming tour of India is going to be tough. Some good signs from England for the emerging players though.

I hope SA kick some Aussie butt btw ...
Yes, I think England will struggle in India but as you say, they've got some good young talent

As for SA, we'll see. Steyn is looking good again and Rabada is definitely a rising talent but we'll miss AB. I think Smith and Warner are carrying the Australian batting and getting them early will be important

I'm going on Thursday - can't wait!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.