The Cricket Thread

Old Mar 29th 2018, 11:30 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Cricket Thread

Well, Smith's humiliation is complete. What he did today took some kahoonas.

Theodore Roosevelt summed it up nicely in 1910:
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat

Time to move on
Old Mar 29th 2018, 11:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat

Time to move on
Nice. I like. So true
Old Mar 29th 2018, 11:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
There's no bitterness in me old chap, I just enjoy pointing it out when you talk rubbish. I have trouble keeping up. What you just described isn't forgivemess, it's an ill thought knee jerk reaction followed rapidly by 'oh hang on, he's our best player' so they've put another spin on it. Fickle.
So wrong. It's because he's a nice bloke, and took the bullet.

You won't see the same thoughts about the second best player.

What you described about England football fans, is very un-fickle if they're doing the same thing every week don't you think.
If you weren't so fickle you wouldn't riot. Or is that just bitterness?

Oh and I'm not racist, I'm youist
Just bitter then?
Old Mar 29th 2018, 12:41 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Boofhead gone

I'm not surprised
Old Mar 29th 2018, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

And shrek falls on his sword, it took him longer so as to get it sharper, as it would have hurt more if blunt and rusty. he wanted to send Stuart Broad home in tears for not walking, an Aussie intro that backfired.

Like to see Adam Gilchrist in the role as coach, maybe he will tell the guys they walk when they know. i would like to see other sides fall into line on that one as well.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 3:14 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
With all sponsorship deals off the table one needs to get creative.

Has Bunnings got a Sandpaper special coming up?
I did see an amusing Amazon combo suggestion with sandpaper and cricket balls/bats.

I do still feel a bit sorry for Smith ... He seems a decent (annoyingly) super-talented bloke caught in the Warner initiated crossfire.

Warner can F off ... grab the T20 $ while you can scrub ...
Old Mar 29th 2018, 6:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

So wrong. It's because he's a nice bloke, and took the bullet.

You won't see the same thoughts about the second best player.

If you weren't so fickle you wouldn't riot. Or is that just bitterness?

I'm sorry, when exactly did I riot?

Just bitter then?
So you've gone from Smith is the devil to Smith is a nice bloke who got sucked in and then took a bullet for the team in the space of a week, and you're calling other people fickle? Have you any idea how a) dumb Aussie fans, and b) how dumb yet calculating CA look at the moment?

Fickle - changing frequently, especially as regards one's loyalties or affections. "celebs trying to appeal to an increasingly fickle public"
synonyms: capricious, changeable, variable, volatile, mercurial, vacillating, fitful, irregular; More

I'm really not bitter at all pal, I'm just the latest in a long line of people that think you're a bit of a shit person judging by most of your posts. I'll stick to pointing it out on other threads though, the cricket thread deserves more than joining all the others shut down because of an argument with you. Ciaou Bozo.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Mar 29th 2018 at 6:41 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 6:37 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mikemike
And shrek falls on his sword, it took him longer so as to get it sharper, as it would have hurt more if blunt and rusty. he wanted to send Stuart Broad home in tears for not walking, an Aussie intro that backfired.

Like to see Adam Gilchrist in the role as coach, maybe he will tell the guys they walk when they know. i would like to see other sides fall into line on that one as well.
He's chosen the oppertune time so he looks like a hero not a villain, the spin doctors have done a fantastic job here. So we're left here under the impression that a cancer has been removed from the team, but I'm cynical as to the reality of it. At least England just sacked their fly in the ointment.

100% Gilly is the man for it, said it earlier the public need the man who walked in the role to renew their faith.

One good thing to come out of all this, is that 'win at all costs' approach is not what the fans want, not now they see the implications of it. I really hope they don't hand their hearts back to Smithy too cheaply though, he has messed up massively, and the punishment (however harsh it might seem) should be carried out in its entirety.

I can see it now though, he'll be back, reinstated as captain (because he's had time to reflect, and he's grown up an awful lot, and he's had counselling. and he can control the team better now .....) win the Ashes in England against all the odds, and then write a book, Smithy, my year of shame....There's the script.

Warner won't get the same forgiveness though, because he didn't cry on telly

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Mar 29th 2018 at 7:25 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 8:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mikemike
It was for stuffing the ball with the spikes on his boot. Sending them home in tears seems to be a common theme for cheats.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 8:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So you've gone from Smith is the devil to Smith is a nice bloke who got sucked in and then took a bullet for the team in the space of a week, and you're calling other people fickle? Have you any idea how a) dumb Aussie fans, and b) how dumb yet calculating CA look at the moment?

Fickle - changing frequently, especially as regards one's loyalties or affections. "celebs trying to appeal to an increasingly fickle public"
synonyms: capricious, changeable, variable, volatile, mercurial, vacillating, fitful, irregular; More

I'm really not bitter at all pal, I'm just the latest in a long line of people that think you're a bit of a shit person judging by most of your posts. I'll stick to pointing it out on other threads though, the cricket thread deserves more than joining all the others shut down because of an argument with you. Ciaou Bozo.
Tell me where I said Smith was the devil? You can't. More lies to twist your bitterness. Yes bye bye Bozo. I am sure there's a West Ham thread somewhere. Cricket clearly isn't for you.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 8:27 pm
Account Closed

Tell me where I said Smith was the devil? You can't. More lies to twist your bitterness. Yes bye bye Bozo. I am sure there's a West Ham thread somewhere. Cricket clearly isn't for you.
Blah blah, we'll carry this on elsewhere Bozo
Attached Thumbnails The Cricket Thread-picard-facepalm.jpg  
Old Mar 29th 2018, 8:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Warner won't get the same forgiveness though, because he didn't cry on telly
Probably not but he hasn't said his side of the story yet. He will need a day or 2 to sit with the lawyers to get his speech right as those who lose earnings will go after his millions.

I suspect the speech will mention what the South Africans and Michael Vaughan repeatly said about his wife and children and how it sent him over the rational edge. Some of it was vile. Vaughan should be ashamed for supporting it on Twit.

But that's no excuse for cheating, just the reason for the irrational.

I do wonder if he will take the full responsibility and exonerate the others. Legally probably not a good idea, moral yes.

CA has to be totally disbanded and rebuilt here. James Sutherland sent to the scapheap.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 8:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Blah blah, we'll carry this on elsewhere Bozo
Bye bye then.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 8:40 pm
Account Closed

Bye bye then.
I didn't say I was leaving, just that I wasn't going to argue with you here , do keep up
Old Mar 30th 2018, 12:08 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Smith needs to practice his crying face. Tbat one was pathetic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.