Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Countdown to Move Day is on

Countdown to Move Day is on

Old Mar 20th 2008, 10:21 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Countdown to Move Day is on

We did the inspection on the new house tonight. OH checked all the sockets and lights etc and we checked all the windows and doors. Estate agent must have thought he was potty going round every socket with my 5yo's bedside light but having heard you get a very small window of time to report faults we thought it best to check upfront.

Couldn't get any hot water and EA didn't know how to work the AC or heating so we've arranged to meet the owner there on Sat to go over those things and she's going to show us how it all works.

The only real gripe we've got is that the front garden ahs been ignored since we viewed and it's a mess so we've asked if they can tidy it up. Also, there's a new house being built next door and the builders have trampled on a couple of really nice plants and killed them whilst putting up their temp fences. EA is going to look int othat for us.

So, we're pretty organised now, move is booked for next Sat and I can't wait. Popped round to Pootle's new pad today and it's fab and has really got me in the mood.

So, I guess this Easter weekend is going to be packing and cleaning for me. .

BTW, we got new tennants for the rental so thankfullt only have about 4 days overlap which is a HUGE relief.

Anyone with plenty of energy fancy lugging some boxes on Saturday will be most welcome .
Old Mar 20th 2008, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Countdown to Move Day is on

Hi Gill good to see things are going well for you & yours. A place of your own will be the icing on the cake. Hope the move goes smoothly & all the best in your new home.

Donna
Old Mar 20th 2008, 10:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to help but I just can't get a flight down there at such short notice

Good luck with the move and I hope you're very happy in your own bit of Aus.
Old Mar 20th 2008, 8:40 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Donna&Neil
Hi Gill good to see things are going well for you & yours. A place of your own will be the icing on the cake. Hope the move goes smoothly & all the best in your new home.

Donna
Thanks Donna, we're sooo excited. How's life for you and Neil?

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I'd love to help but I just can't get a flight down there at such short notice

Good luck with the move and I hope you're very happy in your own bit of Aus.
Cheers Pen, can't wait
Old Mar 20th 2008, 8:54 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

ooh how exciting , all the best for the move, hope you will be very happy there. You pay for the flight and i'll move some boxes for you

Joex
Old Mar 20th 2008, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by herrchook
We did the inspection on the new house tonight. OH checked all the sockets and lights etc and we checked all the windows and doors. Estate agent must have thought he was potty going round every socket with my 5yo's bedside light but having heard you get a very small window of time to report faults we thought it best to check upfront.

Couldn't get any hot water and EA didn't know how to work the AC or heating so we've arranged to meet the owner there on Sat to go over those things and she's going to show us how it all works.

The only real gripe we've got is that the front garden ahs been ignored since we viewed and it's a mess so we've asked if they can tidy it up. Also, there's a new house being built next door and the builders have trampled on a couple of really nice plants and killed them whilst putting up their temp fences. EA is going to look int othat for us.

So, we're pretty organised now, move is booked for next Sat and I can't wait. Popped round to Pootle's new pad today and it's fab and has really got me in the mood.

BTW, we got new tennants for the rental so thankfullt only have about 4 days overlap which is a HUGE relief.

Anyone with plenty of energy fancy lugging some boxes on Saturday will be most welcome .

Really pleased for you Gill, Good Luck with the move next weekend We will be busy that weekend too as our container arrives on Monday

Wishing you lots of luck in your New Home

Tracy
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:03 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook

Great news Gill, have a ball with all those boxes x

Cheers

Ginny