Cornwall

Old Dec 11th 2012, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cornwall

Just watched a couple of episodes of this series called Cornwall. Well i have only been down that way once a long time ago but this show brought back how truly beautiful this part of Britain is. Stunning coastline.

I know it's a tv show and who knows what goes on but i was impressed at how happy and content many of the people they spoke to professed to be. Not often you hear a Brit saying they live in the best place in the world kind of stuff... i say Brit as the other thing i noticed was how proud they are to be Cornish first and foremost

It will certainly be high on the visit list on my next trip back to the UK.

Last edited by papilon; Dec 11th 2012 at 6:57 am.
Old Dec 11th 2012, 6:56 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cornwall

My parents live in Cornwall and absolutely love it there. They both work down there and have a great lifestyle.

We used to live in London and spent a lot of time down there visiting them, we also got married down there. Have a lot of very happy memories of time spent in Cornwall, it really is beautiful.

We miss spending time there!
Old Dec 11th 2012, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
My parents live in Cornwall and absolutely love it there. They both work down there and have a great lifestyle.

We used to live in London and spent a lot of time down there visiting them, we also got married down there. Have a lot of very happy memories of time spent in Cornwall, it really is beautiful.

We miss spending time there!
I can certainly see why you would miss that.

I love the accent as well, always puts a smile on my face.
Old Dec 11th 2012, 7:21 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by papilon
Just watched a couple of episodes of this series called Cornwall. Well i have only been down that way once a long time ago but this show brought back how truly beautiful this part of Britain is. Stunning coastline.

I know it's a tv show and who knows what goes on but i was impressed at how happy and content many of the people they spoke to professed to be. Not often you hear a Brit saying they live in the best place in the world kind of stuff... i say Brit as the other thing i noticed was how proud they are to be Cornish first and foremost

I don't miss the U.K. really but episodes of Doc Martin do bring back some good memories.
Old Dec 11th 2012, 7:31 am
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by papilon

agreed Pap - and the reason i chose my current home Caloundra is that it reminded me of St Ives, beautiful with many beaches all offering different things - if I had to go back to uk that is where i would head, or Totnes cos thats where i lived briefly before i came out here - and totnes should be twinned with Maleny in QLd!
Old Dec 11th 2012, 12:41 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Have said for years now that if we ever go back to live in the UK, Cornwall would be my no.1 choice.

Highlands of Scotland is no.2 but it's just too cold.
Old Dec 11th 2012, 12:42 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joeyballantyne
agreed Pap - and the reason i chose my current home Caloundra is that it reminded me of St Ives, beautiful with many beaches all offering different things - if I had to go back to uk that is where i would head, or Totnes cos thats where i lived briefly before i came out here - and totnes should be twinned with Maleny in QLd!
I lived in Torquay for 9 years and ventured over to Totnes a good few times (tis full of hippies lol).
Old Dec 11th 2012, 1:26 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Guernsey whups Cornwall's ass any day
Old Dec 12th 2012, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

Try the Isles of Scilly too - just off the coast of Penzance. White beaches, blue blue seas and puffins! Spent a year there and nearly moved permanently but the thought of picking daffodils as a career was slightly limiting.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 3:24 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jothefw
Try the Isles of Scilly too - just off the coast of Penzance. White beaches, blue blue seas and puffins! Spent a year there and nearly moved permanently but the thought of picking daffodils as a career was slightly limiting.
Only been there for a long weekend, but it was stunning!
Old Dec 12th 2012, 7:33 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Cornwall is a beautiful place to visit, but I'm not going back there - not ever! It seems I'm allergic to the water there ... and Guernsey and Jersey. Must be a mineral in the water but I've never found out which one it is that causes the bother.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

we went to Cornwall for a week in August- it was beautiful and the people were so lovely and friendly.

The resounding opinion of local people was that work situation is dire...their kids have to move away to find work and there was a huge amount of worry as this summer was appalling for tourists (possibly the weather, or Olympics).

But it is a gorgeous spot and benefits hugely from tourists, so the more visitors the better for them.

(Programme on ABC last week was about amazing gardens in Cornwall...worth a look)