Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Coon Cheese - The Poll

View Poll Results: Why don't the makers of Coon change the name?
It's the founders name ; changing it would be PC gone mad
50.00%
The rebranding exercise would be too costly
2.63%
They know it's a contentious name, and no publicity is bad publicity
2.63%
They don't like the Abbos anyway, & get to hide behind the name
5.26%
They have a warped sense of humour
0%
Because Australia is 20 years behind, erm, behind everything else
10.53%
The OP is obviously really bored at his work
28.95%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Coon Cheese - The Poll

Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:39 am
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Coon Cheese - The Poll

Why don't they change the name?
Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:39 am
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice
Default Re: Coon Cheese - The Poll

Originally Posted by mackinnon
Why would they?
Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Its not considered a racist term here ....
Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:41 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

...what poll?
Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:42 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

...are you drunk?
Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Should Mr Coon change his name as well?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coon_cheese
Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:43 am
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice

The cheese is named after the guy who invented and trademarked a better way of maturing cheese.

His last name was coon.

Whats racist about that?
Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:44 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

At least it has funny meaning in my langauge, which makes me laugh every time, Coon means Bum in Persian.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:45 am
Banned

Originally Posted by yanH
Should Mr Coon change his name as well?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coon_cheese
Damn, you beat me to it. I have had this argument before with some do gooder. While we are at it lets change the name of all products that carry somebodys name.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:47 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

My vote: It's the founders name ; changing it would be PC gone mad
Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fat Bloke
The cheese is named after the guy who invented and trademarked a better way of maturing cheese.

His last name was coon.

Whats racist about that?
Well I never knew that. The word is a racist one though if you're from UK (I know, its an Oz cheese etc etc).

Now I still think its odd due to my perception of the word but least know why its called that.
Thanks for the education - Ps didnt see the poll up there when I posted my 1st reply
Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:48 am
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

In reply to the posts so far, unfortunately what happens with polls is that the message gets made live, but then you have to fill in poll details after this. You should now be able to see the poll, which I would like to have appeared at the same time as the thread.

I am well aware that it is the founder's name.

Last edited by mackinnon; Jun 20th 2007 at 1:52 am.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

In reply to the posts so far, unfortunately what happens with polls is that the message gets made live, but then you have to fill in poll details after this. You should now be able to see the poll, which I would like to have appeared at the same time as the thread.
Just voted that you're very bored @ work
Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter has a little boy in her class with the surname Coon ! Should he have to change his name as well ?
There are thousands of Coons in Oz
Nicky
Old Jun 20th 2007, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
There are thousands of Coons in Oz

I could feel the enjoyment you got out of writing that, knowing it was justifiable!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.