British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Cool and quirky shopping websites. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/cool-quirky-shopping-websites-836286/)

brissybee Jun 12th 2014 7:25 am

Cool and quirky shopping websites.

I hope this doesn't fall foul of anti advertising on BE, but every now and again I stumble across a really cool and quirky website which sells things that you just don't see every day.

Like this one...

Crewneck Sweaters & Sweatshirt, Hooded Jumpsuits by Belovedshirts

Not just shirts, but quirky socks and blankets etc. too. Personally, I'd like a pair of Nicolas Cage socks.

And then there's this site for other creative and quirky stuff...

https://www.etsy.com/

Have other BE's got some favourite, lesser known, shopping sites?

moneypenny20 Jun 12th 2014 12:49 pm

Re: Cool and quirky shopping websites.

Originally Posted by brissybee (Post 11299112)
I hope this doesn't fall foul of anti advertising on BE, but every now and again I stumble across a really cool and quirky website which sells things that you just don't see every day.

Like this one...

Crewneck Sweaters & Sweatshirt, Hooded Jumpsuits by Belovedshirts

Not just shirts, but quirky socks and blankets etc. too. Personally, I'd like a pair of Nicolas Cage socks.

And then there's this site for other creative and quirky stuff...

https://www.etsy.com/

Have other BE's got some favourite, lesser known, shopping sites?

No problem with the links, as long as they don't lead to sites belonging to the poster. :D I don't think I want anything remotely Nicholas Cage :sick: :lol:

brissybee Jun 12th 2014 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 11299438)
No problem with the links, as long as they don't lead to sites belonging to the poster. :D I don't think I want anything remotely Nicholas Cage :sick: :lol:

No, nothing of mine on those sites. Except for the socks... but I haven't bought them yet, so technically and actually, they're not mine.

I can't understand why you wouldn't admit to wanting the Nicolas Cage socks though Moneypenny.

Go on... give in to it.

moneypenny20 Jun 12th 2014 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by brissybee (Post 11299476)
No, nothing of mine on those sites. Except for the socks... but I haven't bought them yet, so technically and actually, they're not mine.

I can't understand why you wouldn't admit to wanting the Nicolas Cage socks though Moneypenny.

Go on... give in to it.

<shudder> And not in a good way. He's festy and just 'ewwww why would you'. :lol:

brissybee Jun 12th 2014 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 11299490)
<shudder> And not in a good way. He's festy and just 'ewwww why would you'. :lol:

:lol: It's not that I would... but I do think he'd be an interesting chat as an outside the square kind of human. I'd like to wear the socks to something formal.

moneypenny20 Jun 12th 2014 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by brissybee (Post 11299500)
:lol: It's not that I would... but I do think he'd be an interesting chat as an outside the square kind of human. I'd like to wear the socks to something formal.

They're terrifying! :eek::lol:

brissybee Jun 12th 2014 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 11299533)
They're terrifying! :eek::lol:

I imagine the socks might also make for some unique puppy dog type hanging ear accessories.

Though probably then they would only be appropriate in a casual setting.

Kim67 Jun 13th 2014 8:49 am

My daughter gets heaps of her clothes from here - if you've got teenagers they have some pretty cool stuff - mine has loads of leggings with things like mechanical skeletal legs, corpse bride, haunted mansion, cool dresses, Alice in Wonderland bathers. They're based in Brisbane so delivery is really fast.

https://blackmilkclothing.com/collections/leggings

This is another one based in Brisbane and sells some quirky collectables and clothing (my daughter collects living dead dolls - yes I know she's a bit morbid, takes after me, I was exactly the same).

LIVING DEAD DOLLS

brissybee Jun 13th 2014 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Kim67 (Post 11300464)
My daughter gets heaps of her clothes from here - if you've got teenagers they have some pretty cool stuff - mine has loads of leggings with things like mechanical skeletal legs, corpse bride, haunted mansion, cool dresses, Alice in Wonderland bathers. They're based in Brisbane so delivery is really fast.

https://blackmilkclothing.com/collections/leggings

This is another one based in Brisbane and sells some quirky collectables and clothing (my daughter collects living dead dolls - yes I know she's a bit morbid, takes after me, I was exactly the same).

LIVING DEAD DOLLS

:lol:

Thanks for sharing Kim. All wonderfully unusual. The dolls are super creepy. Imagine buying the Chucky and putting it behind a bedroom door. :lol:

I quite like Hit Girl. :o

Kim67 Jun 13th 2014 10:59 am

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by brissybee (Post 11300549)
:lol:

Thanks for sharing Kim. All wonderfully unusual. The dolls are super creepy. Imagine buying the Chucky and putting it behind a bedroom door. :lol:

I quite like Hit Girl. :o

Yeah, the dolls are rather creepy, but fun too. She does have friends sleep over who do hide a few things at night before they go to sleep.

We're really into buying stuff online - I hate shopping centres. Other half just spent a week in the US and ordered a pile of things online and had them delivered to his hotel room including these new Docs for eldest girl child.

irishbloo Jun 13th 2014 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Kim67 (Post 11300567)
Yeah, the dolls are rather creepy, but fun too. She does have friends sleep over who do hide a few things at night before they go to sleep.

We're really into buying stuff online - I hate shopping centres. Other half just spent a week in the US and ordered a pile of things online and had them delivered to his hotel room including these new Docs for eldest girl child.

My just turned 17 year old would love them.She wears hers docs all the time with her dresses.I wish they weren't so expensive here.

Kim67 Jun 13th 2014 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by irishbloo (Post 11300610)
My just turned 17 year old would love them.She wears hers docs all the time with her dresses.I wish they weren't so expensive here.

Yeah, they were 50% cheaper in the US.