Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Cool and quirky shopping websites.

Cool and quirky shopping websites.

Old Jun 12th 2014, 8:25 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cool and quirky shopping websites.

I hope this doesn't fall foul of anti advertising on BE, but every now and again I stumble across a really cool and quirky website which sells things that you just don't see every day.

Like this one...

Crewneck Sweaters & Sweatshirt, Hooded Jumpsuits by Belovedshirts

Not just shirts, but quirky socks and blankets etc. too. Personally, I'd like a pair of Nicolas Cage socks.

And then there's this site for other creative and quirky stuff...

https://www.etsy.com/

Have other BE's got some favourite, lesser known, shopping sites?
Old Jun 12th 2014, 1:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cool and quirky shopping websites.

Originally Posted by brissybee View Post
I hope this doesn't fall foul of anti advertising on BE, but every now and again I stumble across a really cool and quirky website which sells things that you just don't see every day.

Like this one...

Crewneck Sweaters & Sweatshirt, Hooded Jumpsuits by Belovedshirts

Not just shirts, but quirky socks and blankets etc. too. Personally, I'd like a pair of Nicolas Cage socks.

And then there's this site for other creative and quirky stuff...

https://www.etsy.com/

Have other BE's got some favourite, lesser known, shopping sites?
No problem with the links, as long as they don't lead to sites belonging to the poster. I don't think I want anything remotely Nicholas Cage
Old Jun 12th 2014, 2:07 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
No problem with the links, as long as they don't lead to sites belonging to the poster. I don't think I want anything remotely Nicholas Cage
No, nothing of mine on those sites. Except for the socks... but I haven't bought them yet, so technically and actually, they're not mine.

I can't understand why you wouldn't admit to wanting the Nicolas Cage socks though Moneypenny.

Go on... give in to it.
Old Jun 12th 2014, 2:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

No, nothing of mine on those sites. Except for the socks... but I haven't bought them yet, so technically and actually, they're not mine.

I can't understand why you wouldn't admit to wanting the Nicolas Cage socks though Moneypenny.

Go on... give in to it.
<shudder> And not in a good way. He's festy and just 'ewwww why would you'.
Old Jun 12th 2014, 2:23 pm
Not actually a squirrel

<shudder> And not in a good way. He's festy and just 'ewwww why would you'.
It's not that I would... but I do think he'd be an interesting chat as an outside the square kind of human. I'd like to wear the socks to something formal.
Old Jun 12th 2014, 2:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

It's not that I would... but I do think he'd be an interesting chat as an outside the square kind of human. I'd like to wear the socks to something formal.
They're terrifying!
Old Jun 12th 2014, 11:28 pm
Not actually a squirrel

They're terrifying!
I imagine the socks might also make for some unique puppy dog type hanging ear accessories.

Though probably then they would only be appropriate in a casual setting.
Old Jun 13th 2014, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter gets heaps of her clothes from here - if you've got teenagers they have some pretty cool stuff - mine has loads of leggings with things like mechanical skeletal legs, corpse bride, haunted mansion, cool dresses, Alice in Wonderland bathers. They're based in Brisbane so delivery is really fast.

https://blackmilkclothing.com/collections/leggings

This is another one based in Brisbane and sells some quirky collectables and clothing (my daughter collects living dead dolls - yes I know she's a bit morbid, takes after me, I was exactly the same).

LIVING DEAD DOLLS
Old Jun 13th 2014, 11:32 am
Not actually a squirrel

Originally Posted by Kim67 View Post
My daughter gets heaps of her clothes from here - if you've got teenagers they have some pretty cool stuff - mine has loads of leggings with things like mechanical skeletal legs, corpse bride, haunted mansion, cool dresses, Alice in Wonderland bathers. They're based in Brisbane so delivery is really fast.

https://blackmilkclothing.com/collections/leggings

This is another one based in Brisbane and sells some quirky collectables and clothing (my daughter collects living dead dolls - yes I know she's a bit morbid, takes after me, I was exactly the same).

LIVING DEAD DOLLS

Thanks for sharing Kim. All wonderfully unusual. The dolls are super creepy. Imagine buying the Chucky and putting it behind a bedroom door.

I quite like Hit Girl.
Old Jun 13th 2014, 11:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for sharing Kim. All wonderfully unusual. The dolls are super creepy. Imagine buying the Chucky and putting it behind a bedroom door.

I quite like Hit Girl.
Yeah, the dolls are rather creepy, but fun too. She does have friends sleep over who do hide a few things at night before they go to sleep.

We're really into buying stuff online - I hate shopping centres. Other half just spent a week in the US and ordered a pile of things online and had them delivered to his hotel room including these new Docs for eldest girl child.
Attached Thumbnails Cool and quirky shopping websites.-10440284_10203533455569968_982542310382605791_n.jpg  
Old Jun 13th 2014, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67 View Post
Yeah, the dolls are rather creepy, but fun too. She does have friends sleep over who do hide a few things at night before they go to sleep.

We're really into buying stuff online - I hate shopping centres. Other half just spent a week in the US and ordered a pile of things online and had them delivered to his hotel room including these new Docs for eldest girl child.
My just turned 17 year old would love them.She wears hers docs all the time with her dresses.I wish they weren't so expensive here.
Old Jun 13th 2014, 9:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by irishbloo View Post
My just turned 17 year old would love them.She wears hers docs all the time with her dresses.I wish they weren't so expensive here.
Yeah, they were 50% cheaper in the US.