Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Contraception - One for the ladies!

Contraception - One for the ladies!

Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

badassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to all
Default Contraception - One for the ladies!

Just wondering if they fit the contraception inplant over in oz, and if so does it last 3 year like uk one?
Old Apr 19th 2008, 7:43 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Contraception - One for the ladies!

Originally Posted by badassbrickie
Just wondering if they fit the contraception inplant over in oz, and if so does it last 3 year like uk one?
Yes you can get exactly the same thing here.... coil with hormones added ... Mirena levonorgestrel Coil ... I think it's called if that's what you're talking about when you say 'implant'.

Do a google on it though and have a good read. As with everything there's an up side and a down.

Or are you talking about the implant in the arm?
Old Apr 19th 2008, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Yes you can get exactly the same thing here.... coil with hormones added ... Mirena levonorgestrel Coil ... I think it's called if that's what you're talking about when you say 'implant'.

Do a google on it though and have a good read. As with everything there's an up side and a down.

Glad this has come up as I was wondering if I should have my mirena coil removed before coming to Oz. I only have it for the hormones and don't want to go nut nut in Oz

Thanks

Tina x
Old Apr 19th 2008, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

badassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to all

Thw one in the arm.

i have it at the mo, but it's due for renewal in sept.

didnt know if i should have it done just in case they cant take it out in oz!
Old Apr 19th 2008, 8:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom

She's referring to the implanon.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 8:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thw one in the arm.

i have it at the mo, but it's due for renewal in sept.

didnt know if i should have it done just in case they cant take it out in oz!

Yes they do that one here (well not sure of the brand name here, but the one that goes in your arm is available).

Might be best getting it renewed before you come though as you will have to pay for the prescription here.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that it has been one of those daft questions that i had to ask!
Old Apr 19th 2008, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Yes they do that one here (well not sure of the brand name here, but the one that goes in your arm is available).

Might be best getting it renewed before you come though as you will have to pay for the prescription here.
Implanon is currently the only one used (fitted) in the "western" world. There are still a couple of other types about......but they are only fitted in Indonesia and several central American countries IIRC.

This link advises the currently recognised/authorised contraceptive methods in Oz.
http://www.whv.org.au/packages/contraception.htm
Old Apr 19th 2008, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

What ever happened to the old fashioned 'hot tongue n cold shoulder' every night???

WW
Old Apr 19th 2008, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

Bailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to allBailey1 is a name known to all

Hey I was advised by the Doc to get this but decided against it as I was sick of having fake hormones in my body. Do you find it good? any side effects?
Old Apr 21st 2008, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

I've had it in for nearly 3 years now.

periods are the same.

Havnt noticed any side effects (and it certainly easier than having the injection or taking the pill!)

I think it may be wearing out though because in the last few months i have been really low at that time of the month, and then get so stressed out i feel like killing someone!! (it doesnt help having a hubby who find great pleasure in winding me up:curse

But overall yep would recommend (of course everyones body reacts differently, so dont hold me to that!)
Old Apr 21st 2008, 11:27 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad someone mentioned this...

I'm on my second month of the NUVA-RING

http://www.nuvaring.com/Consumer/index.asp

Wanted to get off the pill after so long and decrease the hormones...ready for sprogs.

So I asked about the cap, as there's no hormones, and was told the didn't do it anymore, in Norway at least. So the doc mentioned the Nuva ring,

It's bloody great!!! (oops)

Put it in day 2-5 of period, and it stays there for 3 weeks, you can't even feel it, even during hot bedroom action, and then whip it out,

Less period, no having to remember it everyday, and it's the least hormones you can possibly get.

If you haven't already guessed...I think it's fab....I don't know anyone else who has it, and I don't know if I can even get it here!
Old Apr 21st 2008, 11:39 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Contraception - One for the ladies!

I know a joke about this , but will save it till later
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:34 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
I know a joke about this , but will save it till later
theree may not be a later...spill it
Old Apr 21st 2008, 12:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by welshviking
I'm glad someone mentioned this...

I'm on my second month of the NUVA-RING

http://www.nuvaring.com/Consumer/index.asp

Wanted to get off the pill after so long and decrease the hormones...ready for sprogs.

So I asked about the cap, as there's no hormones, and was told the didn't do it anymore, in Norway at least. So the doc mentioned the Nuva ring,

It's bloody great!!! (oops)

Put it in day 2-5 of period, and it stays there for 3 weeks, you can't even feel it, even during hot bedroom action, and then whip it out,

Less period, no having to remember it everyday, and it's the least hormones you can possibly get.

If you haven't already guessed...I think it's fab....I don't know anyone else who has it, and I don't know if I can even get it here!
It's available in the US. I think it will soon be in the UK. Not sure about in Oz.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.